Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 06-27-2020, 05:06 PM   #1
kreh

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro 1LT RS
Is it Possible To Mod Into An Active Exhaust??

So I have been looking to buy a V6 Camaro, used off of CarGurus and it is very hard to find one with an active exhaust or NPP, and if I do find one with it, chances are it doesn’t meet my other requirements for the car. The exhaust system I am planning to get has a variation compatible with NPP, is there a way I can mod the car to have controllable valves? And if so, how would It work, I know if the model of the car I get doesn’t come stock with the NPP, there is no controller for it in the center system.
kreh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 05:09 PM   #2
kreh

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro 1LT RS
Wrong forum, I see the V6 one
kreh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 02:07 PM   #3
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
You can't "add NPP" to a car built without it. However, you CAN add NPP Actuators to a NPP exhaust providing you build your own controller for it. The Factory NPP is tied into the Drive Modes and/or can be individually set through the Infotainment system to have the bypass either open or closed. Without all of the hardware and programming being present from the factory, you can't add that.

If you get an exhaust that takes the NPP actuators, and wire up the power, ground, and control to a switch or remote, you will be able to have the same type of control over your exhaust but it will be manual and can't be tied to the settings in the car.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote