#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-10-2021, 11:24 AM   #1
ZBov82

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
SS 1LE Front Brake Grinding Noise

Hey everyone,

I've got an issue with the front brakes on my 2018 2SS 1LE. I'm at 16K miles and don't track the car. When I first start driving the car, I notice what sounds like a grinding noise coming from the front brakes. After driving for a few miles, the issue seems to largely go away.

I took the car to the dealer and naturally the problem didn't present itself for them. I asked them to keep it overnight and drive it first thing tomorrow morning as the problem is more likely to show itself after sitting overnight.

The dealer confirmed there was still plenty of pad depth so that's not the issue. There is what I'd describe as abnormal marks on the rotors, not just the normal even ring you'd expect from the pads. Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture before I dropped it off at the dealer.

Has anyone else experienced something like this? If so, how did you solve it? I'm guessing the dealer is going to want me to get all new pads and rotors...
ZBov82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 02:20 PM   #2
Osbornsm

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBov82 View Post
Hey everyone,

I've got an issue with the front brakes on my 2018 2SS 1LE. I'm at 16K miles and don't track the car. When I first start driving the car, I notice what sounds like a grinding noise coming from the front brakes. After driving for a few miles, the issue seems to largely go away.

Has anyone else experienced something like this? If so, how did you solve it? I'm guessing the dealer is going to want me to get all new pads and rotors...

It is possible for debris / rocks to get stuck and eventually wear / fall away.
If you don't drive often the rotor rust builds while sitting.

Just thoughts

Mods: Rotofab, Nick Williams 103mm TB, MSD IM, Kooks 1 7/8
Results: 470 hp / 447 tq
Osbornsm is offline   Reply With Quote