Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

AWE Tuning

Old 06-17-2022, 05:38 PM   #1
SShelly

Drives: 17 Camaro SS
Car running lean while idling/cruising

I was wondering if anyone else was having lean idling after adding a upgraded torque converter. Also it might be my oxygen sensors but no engine light is getting thrown. Any ideas?
Attached Files
File Type: zip SecondLog.hpl.zip (3.19 MB, 88 views)
File Type: zip Base.hpt.zip (2.11 MB, 79 views)
2" headers
NGK iridium spark plugs
----------------------------
SShelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 05:53 PM   #2
SATINSTEEL1LE
Account Suspended

Drives: 21 ZL1
Yeah i'd replace the 02's. Your one bank is just a tad lean and the other is super rich. The car is doing what its supposed to in order to keep stoich, but its way out of wack. I'd maybe start with unplugging the battery and letting the fuel trims and adaptives reset.
SATINSTEEL1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 09:17 PM   #3
SShelly

Cool I will do that
2" headers
NGK iridium spark plugs
Old 06-29-2022, 12:58 AM   #4
synolimit

Drives: 22 ZL1 1LE A10
cant see the logs, whats lean?
synolimit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 05:55 PM   #5
SShelly

Alright i ended up changing the 02 sensors but that did not fix my problem.. I also have a log from a cold start to warming up and it seemed to do good until it came to the point of idling.. I think i may have an increase in airflow at idle because of the higher torque converter being a 2800-3600 vs the stock one.. is there anywhere I can add gas at idle?
2" headers
NGK iridium spark plugs
Old 07-12-2022, 07:55 PM   #6
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by SShelly View Post
Alright i ended up changing the 02 sensors but that did not fix my problem.. I also have a log from a cold start to warming up and it seemed to do good until it came to the point of idling.. I think i may have an increase in airflow at idle because of the higher torque converter being a 2800-3600 vs the stock one.. is there anywhere I can add gas at idle?
The converter should have no bearing on idle speed or air flow. Just like if your sitting at a light , engine at full temp, put the car in neutral and the idle speed adjusts immediately to the same Idle RPM as it was in drive. So there should be no increase in airflow imo.
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 08:23 PM   #7
LiqTenExp

Drives: 2017 ZL1
The car is running rich on Bank 2 (passenger side), not lean. It shows -14% on LTFT Bank2 meaning it thinks that bank is running too rich and is pulling fuel. You can see Bank2 injector average pulse width is smaller than bank one, this is due to the LTFT being negative.

If it was running lean I would have told you to go inspect the passenger side midpipe to header connection for air leaks. This would have made sense with you doing the converter, the mid pipes would have been removed. Air leaks would have made that side look lean at idle and not as bad at high rpm due to the ratio of leak to exhaust changing. I don't think is what is going on being that it thinks it is too rich.

Going rich is another thing... Do you have a WB02 sensor in that bank to compare NB02 to? Did you change NB02 switch voltages in the tune when you added the headers? Are they the same or different values for each bank?

Note that 3rd pull on the log had over 6° of knock. Not sure what else tuning wise you've done but keep an eye on it. Might be false knock due to headers since it occurs from 2800-4400 only. Would need to see logs.

Last edited by LiqTenExp; 07-12-2022 at 08:55 PM.
LiqTenExp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
converter, lean idle