Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-07-2021, 05:57 PM   #71
Joey Soul
The Mechanic

Drives: 1SS M
I hope theyre not chunking, maybe theyre a little more sensitive to a specific air pressure. I tried Achilles tires one time with my FRS and they where falling apart after 2 parking lot slides. Chunks missing down to the belt.
BTR 225 w/CNC Heads|JLT intake|Speed Engineering 1"7/8 long tube and mid pipe|LT2 manifold w/95mmTb|Self tuned w/HPtuners|Silvers 2Way coilovers|Hotchkis front sway|Advan AD08R|BMR solid cradle bushings|Recaro SR7| Work ZR10 19"
Joey Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 07:27 PM   #72
bishir

Drives: CamarOH SS 1LE
Ordered a Set but they won't be available through tire rack until April. I plan to defend my National Championship in the Optimal Drive Auto-X series and compete at UMI's King of the Mountain with them.
bishir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 10:48 PM   #73
MatthewAMEL

Drives: 2023 CT5 Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Soul View Post
I hope theyre not chunking, maybe theyre a little more sensitive to a specific air pressure. I tried Achilles tires one time with my FRS and they where falling apart after 2 parking lot slides. Chunks missing down to the belt.

I've had three events on them so far. Co-driver (my wife) both times.

So, ~22 runs on them...including the ProSolo down in Florida.

No chunking or weirdness at all. I'm running slightly higher pressures than I used on my RE71s...34/30 to start.

They feel really good. Very grippy. Turn-in is not lazy or numb to me.

-2.5F/-1.5R with .0125 toe in (rear)

2023 Wave Metallic
CT5-V Blackwing M6
MatthewAMEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 08:49 AM   #74
AustinTXracer

Drives: 20 SS 1LE
New Falkens and a power/sweeper course FTW! Top PAX and 5th in raw time at Spokes yesterday. Beat Erik Strelneiks in his NSX :P The RT660's are definitely better than the SC3 or the RE71R for autocross with this car. Much better forward bite - particularly while blending steering. 275F, 305R on 19's
https://axwaresystems.com/axorm/file...-02-28_pax.htm

https://youtu.be/w-RsiS-xXEU
Old 03-01-2021, 08:59 AM   #75
94boosted

Drives: ‘17 1LE, ‘17 BMW 340, ‘18 F-150
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTXracer View Post
New Falkens and a power/sweeper course FTW! Top PAX and 5th in raw time at Spokes yesterday. Beat Erik Strelneiks in his NSX :P The RT660's are definitely better than the SC3 or the RE71R for autocross with this car. Much better forward bite - particularly while blending steering. 275F, 305R on 19's

Looks like a somewhat older asphalt surface? What sort of pressures were you running?
Old 03-01-2021, 09:03 AM   #76
AustinTXracer

Drives: 20 SS 1LE
35F, 30R. That lot is super bumpy and medium grip asphalt. The sealcoated sections are a bit lower in grip. It's the lot that they did the $25,000 autocross challenge thing on last year.
Old 03-01-2021, 10:33 AM   #77
94boosted

Drives: ‘17 1LE, ‘17 BMW 340, ‘18 F-150
Quote:
35F, 30R. That lot is super bumpy and medium grip asphalt. The sealcoated sections are a bit lower in grip. It's the lot that they did the $25,000 autocross challenge thing on last year.

Thanks for sharing John!
Old 03-01-2021, 11:10 AM   #78
apexit53

Drives: 22 1SS 1LE Summit White
Quote:

CANT WAIT TO TRY MINE!

Though i am goin a different setup than everyone.
#53 F Street
2022 Sponsor autocrossdigits.com
Autocrossing Videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm-...3tiMt0KOg_2Aag
Instagram: apexit_53
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE
2019 D Street national champion (2019 civic Type R)
apexit53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 01:07 PM   #79
Msquared

Drives: Chevrolet SS 1LE
Quote:
Beat Erik Strelneiks in his NSX :P
Well...damn!

Quote:
The RT660's are definitely better than the SC3 or the RE71R for autocross with this car. Much better forward bite - particularly while blending steering. 275F, 305R on 19's
That's good news, especially the bit about forward bite on blended inputs. These cars with eLSD need some help in keeping the rear stuck down while driving out of a corner. Seems the diff is a little aggressive in adding clamping force to the clutch packs. You all are making me eager to get my Falkens mounted and out to an event.

PS - It seems that the RT660 in our typical sizes is now on backorder. Glad I got mine two months ago!
Old 03-01-2021, 01:59 PM   #80
MatthewAMEL

Drives: 2023 CT5 Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msquared View Post
Well...damn!

That's good news, especially the bit about forward bite on blended inputs. These cars with eLSD need some help in keeping the rear stuck down while driving out of a corner. Seems the diff is a little aggressive in adding clamping force to the clutch packs. You all are making me eager to get my Falkens mounted and out to an event.

PS - It seems that the RT660 in our typical sizes is now on backorder. Glad I got mine two months ago!

BTW - that eLSD behavior is precisely what is eliminated with the available update.

2023 Wave Metallic
CT5-V Blackwing M6
MatthewAMEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 02:54 PM   #81
Msquared

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewAMEL View Post
BTW - that eLSD behavior is precisely what is eliminated with the available update.
Understood, but I compete in B Street where that isn't allowed. It should be, but I wasn't elected king of SCCA...yet. It's kind of ridiculous that a simple firmware update can't be allowed in the stock classes. But whatever.

I am still holding firm on my resolve to not travel down the rabbit hole of CAM-C. But I'm pretty sure that will happen before SCCA elects me to be their king, so...
Old 03-01-2021, 08:25 PM   #82
apexit53

Drives: 22 1SS 1LE Summit White
Quote:
Understood, but I compete in B Street where that isn't allowed. It should be, but I wasn't elected king of SCCA...yet. It's kind of ridiculous that a simple firmware update can't be allowed in the stock classes. But whatever.

I am still holding firm on my resolve to not travel down the rabbit hole of CAM-C. But I'm pretty sure that will happen before SCCA elects me to be their king, so...
Ive asked a few times and here is the reason. Its not a "fix" or TSB for a known issue. you start allowing firmware updates in street class where does it end? It just opens them up to a wormhole they don't want to open right now.

The Ediff and how it felt last year is one reason I started looking at the new Mach 1. no ediff lol. Problem is that car is no way 10-20g more car than the 1le. Ill struggle through for now. Personally I enjoy taking a car thats "not the one" and making it or trying to make it competitive.
#53 F Street
2022 Sponsor autocrossdigits.com
Autocrossing Videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm-...3tiMt0KOg_2Aag
Instagram: apexit_53
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE
2019 D Street national champion (2019 civic Type R)
apexit53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 08:51 PM   #83
Msquared

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexit53 View Post
Ive asked a few times and here is the reason. Its not a "fix" or TSB for a known issue. you start allowing firmware updates in street class where does it end? It just opens them up to a wormhole they don't want to open right now.
I get it, and if we were talking about a change to the motor management of a Tesla or a boost increase on a turbocharged car, I'd agree. But I understand it's a pandora's box.

Quote:
The Ediff and how it felt last year is one reason I started looking at the new Mach 1. no ediff lol. Problem is that car is no way 10-20g more car than the 1le. Ill struggle through for now. Personally I enjoy taking a car thats "not the one" and making it or trying to make it competitive.
I agree on the Mustang pricing. In October I got to co-drive a friend's 2017 SS that started with every option from a 1LE except the eLSD and the 1LE springs and swaybars. It didn't do the kick-out thing on corner exit, but then it also understeered on the power coming out of corners so you had to wait a bit longer. The 1LE doesn't push at all when exiting corners, so if you can avoid the oversteer it can exit corners really hard. I'm sure with the recalibration it's spectacular. I went fast in that car, but it's not an apples:apples comparison because it's a CAM car with stiffer springs, 11" front wheels, camber plates, etc. It definitely gave me a glimpse of the CAM potential of our cars!
Old 03-02-2021, 07:38 AM   #84
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Quote:

Yet the SCCA allows ECM/TCM tuning in Sport class for Time Trials. Yeah they don't make a lick of sense.