Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...


JUICEDMOTORSPORTS


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2021, 10:41 PM   #15
Chevelle vs Camaro
 
Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Washington
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
At 400 HP and if it is under 3600 pounds with full options and competitive features to the SS, then I think it will be a good purchase in the $40K range.

Their going after the Toyota Supra and prices will likely start in the low to mid 40k range.

According to C&D they will come with the 3.0 TT out of the infinity q60 which has only 300hp. I’m sure the top of the line or Nismo model will have the 400hp version out of the Q60 Redsport.

So in essence their not naming it after the liters or the HP.....

Bet it will be 50k for the 400hp version...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chevelle vs Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 01:43 AM   #16
2004YZFR1
 
Drives: 2020 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2SS 1LE
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Nevada
Posts: 121
I loved my 2009 370Z, and I drove it for 10 years. I traded it in for my 2020 2SS 1LE. Even though I think the 370Z has a better yet different look than the 1LE. The 370Z is no where close to the handling and performance of the 1LE. The Z was really over steer happy and wouldn’t be close to the Camaro on a road course or the 1/4 mile. The new Z doesn’t look as good as the old 370Z in my opinion. But you know what they say about opinions.
2004YZFR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 02:49 AM   #17
Mrbobcat
 
Drives: 2016 Mustang GT premium
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NW Ohio
Posts: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevelle vs Camaro View Post
Their going after the Toyota Supra and prices will likely start in the low to mid 40k range.

According to C&D they will come with the 3.0 TT out of the infinity q60 which has only 300hp. I’m sure the top of the line or Nismo model will have the 400hp version out of the Q60 Redsport.

So in essence their not naming it after the liters or the HP.....

Bet it will be 50k for the 400hp version...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I heard the base model will most likely have around 400hp and the Nismo about 475. But more like mid-40's for the base and around 50 for the Nismo.
Mrbobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 11:00 AM   #18
zaimer
 
zaimer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS M6 Bright Yellow
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: WI
Posts: 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004YZFR1 View Post
I loved my 2009 370Z, and I drove it for 10 years. I traded it in for my 2020 2SS 1LE. Even though I think the 370Z has a better yet different look than the 1LE. The 370Z is no where close to the handling and performance of the 1LE. The Z was really over steer happy and wouldn’t be close to the Camaro on a road course or the 1/4 mile. The new Z doesn’t look as good as the old 370Z in my opinion. But you know what they say about opinions.
Without seeing the 400z in person, I agree that the 370z aesthetics are better. It has a pretty unique design that ages very well. Which trim level of the 370z did you have?
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 11:45 AM   #19
2004YZFR1
 
Drives: 2020 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2SS 1LE
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Nevada
Posts: 121
I had the base model with the sports package and the 7 speed auto.
2004YZFR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 12:04 PM   #20
zaimer
 
zaimer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS M6 Bright Yellow
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: WI
Posts: 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004YZFR1 View Post
I had the base model with the sports package and the 7 speed auto.
Nice, I had the Sport Touring with the 6 speed. Loved that car.
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 09:37 AM   #21
JitteryJoe
 
Drives: 21' LTI, '18 Traverse, '15 Mazda 6
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Nasty Nati
Posts: 71
I will reserve final judgement until specs on the production version is out but it all hinges on whether it's going to be a ~3,400lb twin turbo 370 or a 3,800lb reskinned Q60.


Either way that 3.0TT motor is pretty stout even in the "300" HP guise it definitely puts down more power than the 3.7 and the 300 and 400HP motors both use the same turbos. The major differences being no turbine speed sensor on the 300 and it's missing some upgrades to the Air to water intercooler. IIRC they put down close to 500whp with basically a downpipe and tune so definitely nothing to sneeze at.
JitteryJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 08:33 AM   #22
zaimer
 
zaimer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS M6 Bright Yellow
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: WI
Posts: 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by JitteryJoe View Post
I will reserve final judgement until specs on the production version is out but it all hinges on whether it's going to be a ~3,400lb twin turbo 370 or a 3,800lb reskinned Q60.


Either way that 3.0TT motor is pretty stout even in the "300" HP guise it definitely puts down more power than the 3.7 and the 300 and 400HP motors both use the same turbos. The major differences being no turbine speed sensor on the 300 and it's missing some upgrades to the Air to water intercooler. IIRC they put down close to 500whp with basically a downpipe and tune so definitely nothing to sneeze at.

The 3.0TT is a decent motor, yes. Does it "put down more power than the 3.7"? Horsepower, no...torque, yes. Either way, we all know there is much more to being fast (or quick) than having good torque/hp numbers. The 370z is significantly faster than say the Q60 with the 3.0. Heck, even the G37's (with the 3.7; replaced by the Q60) are faster than the 3.0. The 3.0 Red Sport's are more powerful, but I didn't care for the turbo lag. It often feels like you really have to get on the pedal for the car to go, you can't so much just ease into it.

For reference, I've test driven the standard 3.0TT & I've owned the following motors (relating to this topic):
1 - VQ35HR (350z)
3 - VQ37HR (370z, Q60S, Q50S)
1- VR30DDTT (Q50S Red Sport 400)
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 04:54 PM   #23
JitteryJoe
 
Drives: 21' LTI, '18 Traverse, '15 Mazda 6
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Nasty Nati
Posts: 71
Hmm, that's odd. I've had the exact opposite experience. I had a 3.7 Q50 and all of the 3.0TT motors I've gotten on loaners were way faster. The 3.7 has more "rated" HP but if memory serves it dynos at 260-270 to the wheels vs 300 for the base 3.0 on 91 octane.
JitteryJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 08:34 AM   #24
zaimer
 
zaimer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS M6 Bright Yellow
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: WI
Posts: 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by JitteryJoe View Post
Hmm, that's odd. I've had the exact opposite experience. I had a 3.7 Q50 and all of the 3.0TT motors I've gotten on loaners were way faster. The 3.7 has more "rated" HP but if memory serves it dynos at 260-270 to the wheels vs 300 for the base 3.0 on 91 octane.
Hmm, that is interesting. I would be curious to drive and compare them again now . It could have very well been my mindset at the time, that the 3.0TT is slower before I even drove it . Obviously the power delivery is different too, so a N/A motor could seem faster to some (in comparison to turbos), even if it is not.

I did like the power of my Red Sport, but at the end of the day it just wasn't a car that I loved. Again, I don't enjoy these cars that you have to stomp on it to have any sort of power feel. The LT1 motor for example, if you have a thought about giving it fuel, it is ready to go. I had the dynamic sunstone red (I believe it is called). For starters, I'm typically not a big fan of red, but that color is unique to the RS trim, so I thought why not. That and I think there just weren't enough improvements (or new things) that my 3.7 Q50 didn't have; I had a brand new car again, but in many ways it felt the same.
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.