Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > International Regions > UK

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-16-2021, 05:33 AM   #15
Ian in Scotland

Drives: 2019 SS
Hi , decided on the Camaro for a number of reasons: think it looks amazing as striking as a C7 all be it a different look it has 4 seats only just I know finally bang for buck , in the Uk the last or nearly new C7 would cost nearly double the Camaro.
Gary, that's an amazing looking camaro in not seen a ZL 1 in the flesh yet .
Good taste with the Silver Camaro though �� Like the hash stripes on the front wing , thinking of doing something similar, perhaps a hockey stripe not sure yet .
Ian in Scotland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 02:10 PM   #16
Ian in Scotland

Don't think anyone released there is a2nd page , not very clear to me or others .
Old 03-08-2021, 01:46 PM   #17
Hazzy

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Hi Ian

Great to hear from you. Not many of us on this UK part of website so we dont see many posts
Spring is almost here so hope you get the chance soon for more seat time.

I got my Camaro in 2018. I was in Mustangs for 15 years but when they brought the UK model out the Mustang lost a lot of its appeal. No challenge personally importing a Mustang from the USA when you can now buy one at any Ford Garage!!!
To be fair I also prefer LHD since I want a car for European Road trips. Importing an LHD Mustang now makes little sense for me and it would be harder to sell on.

So I switched to Camaro in 2018. And in numerous small ways it is the better car.

Obvious downsides

- Boot space is a challenge but we can get two small cases in under the open roof and one big case behind it. Enough for 3 week summmer trips

- Rear Seats are a bit small for my growing kids but we just about manage
- Outward visibility - Nuff said lol. To be fair visibility is OK in general driving but multi storey car parks and narrow alpine passes are more tricky with extremities of car hard to judge

No regrets though... I love it
Attached Images

Hazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 02:27 PM   #18
Ian in Scotland

Hi ,
Cool car you got there , had a look at the mustang also but for various reasons didn't go for one , thought the Camaro was the better car and mustangs , even in Scotland were everywhere. Thought the boot would be a bit bigger though. Looking forward to a European road trip when we are allowed. Only done about 300 miles so far so still getting used to the car . So far so good .
Old 03-10-2021, 01:46 PM   #19
Hazzy

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Hi Ian

The boot is not bad with roof up although the keyhole entry makes it less usable than it seems. Its certainly hard to get any normal suitcases in.

Mustang boot was a bit bigger and all of boot was available with roof down

If you are not bothered about "touring" with the roof down (i.e. if you like to travel to one place and stay) I think there is adequate boot space. You will just have to go for flexible style cases

If, like us, you are road tripping then the loss of space with roof down is disappointing.

However it is do able. Bearing in mind its summer weather trips and all we need is t shirts and shorts

We use two maximum airline size hand luggage cases approx 53x40x20cm. These will fit under the opened roof with still a bit of space inbetween. In that gap between we can fit a sports type floppy bag (good for socks and underwear etc
Then put divider up so roof can open and we fit a 70 x 30 x 35 cm flexible roller type bag in the large back space. Even that even leaves room at both sides for lightly packed small back packs to be squashed in.

Its not ideal (we laundry more often!!!) but just enough. We have done 3 week Euro trips 2 adults 2 children going as far south as Madrid and Amalfi coast!
Admittedly my seat has to be a bit further forward than i would like lol

But its a price worth paying for priviledge of driving this car

I agree ..the Mustang is a more common sight nowadays. Also another reason why I switched to Camaro.

Sad that its being discontinued. May have to snap up a 2023 model and then wait in the hope Camaro again returns a few years later.

If it does it will no doubt be electric though...hmmmm...wont sound same through tunnels lol

Great to hear from you. Enjoy your car..... although you are coming from a Corvette I dont think Camaro will disappoint
Hazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 06:37 PM   #20
Sullie63
CamaroFan63

Drives: '15 1LT Summit White
Welcome !!
Strut bar / Husky Floor liners
Sullie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 02:30 PM   #21
Ian in Scotland

Hi everyone, weather supposed to be ok this weekend so hopefully have some fun with the car . Got the car in November with 82 miles and only managed to do about 300 miles so far
Will certainly have to have a good look at the boot area as hopping to do a road trip to Spain latter in the year , might be much latter of course. Does anyone know if I want to fit the US side marker lights if they are plug and play , thing they would look better than the euro reflectors.
Hh
Old 03-25-2021, 09:20 AM   #22
weslp00

Drives: '18 2SSM6 Camaro ‘01C5Z06 Vet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian in Scotland View Post
Hi everyone, weather supposed to be ok this weekend so hopefully have some fun with the car . Got the car in November with 82 miles and only managed to do about 300 miles so far
Will certainly have to have a good look at the boot area as hopping to do a road trip to Spain latter in the year , might be much latter of course. Does anyone know if I want to fit the US side marker lights if they are plug and play , thing they would look better than the euro reflectors.
Hh
Hi! and welcome..

Deffo not a plug and play thing there
Sorry to say that there is no proviso either for power to the side markers on Euro cars. It involves power to each corner or expensive loom adapters from 5gen diy in the States.. Good kit and you get what you pay for.
If you really want to do it, and I have but with red/amber led side markers let me know and i'll do you a walk through..it really is worth it though!!
weslp00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 04:44 AM   #23
Ian in Scotland

Hi ,
And thanks for the info had a funny feeling that it wasn't going to be straight forward. Will investigate further and not sure about the warranty implications.
Old 03-28-2021, 06:28 AM   #24
Uk2019
UK2019

Drives: Camaro 2017 2ss/eu spec convertible
It's not too difficult and does look good with coloured LEDs behind the oem clear euro side marker lenses (i adapted them to accept a bulb holder). I wired mine to function the same as the gen5diy harness, main beam headlights and rear lights so they come on at the right time with the auto lights. If you need wiring diagrams etc, let me know.
Attached Images

Uk2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 01:30 PM   #25
Ian in Scotland

Definitely a project for the future, like the hash stripes thinking of something similar but not sure has anyone seen a hockey Stripe on a eu car ?
Old 04-02-2021, 10:13 AM   #26
Richard79

Drives: 2019 Camaro V8 Coupe (UK) 6 speed
Hello from Essex!

Richard79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 02:56 AM   #27
Camaro fanboy

Drives: 2017 2SS Arctic blue fully loaded
:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard79 View Post
Hello from Essex!

where in essex are you ? i'm originally from there.