Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 02-13-2021, 07:17 PM   #1
SoarinSnek

Drives: 2020 Camaro
Procharger vs edelbrock

Evening everyone. Apologies for my last thread and outburst, unfortunately I became upset how I was treated and the whole car community because I drive a V6, but I've learned alot by the following,

1. Learn to love your car (which I do)
2. Be thankful for what you got (not many can get a camaro, and proud to have a fast car)
3. Ignore the ignorant (yeah, lel)

Here's the actual thread. I plan on pulling the plug in a few months and want to buy forced induction but idk much about them besides what prochargers and superchargers do for your car. Im thinking edelbrocks stage 1 supercharger or the procharger system and get a custom tune. From any experience, anyone know which is better out of the two? I've seen the procharger adds 165+HP over edelbrocks 100+HP with a custom HPtuners tune but the difference is being carb compliant (dont hafta worry since I'm in SC)

Also I have no intentions on trading for a V8 so thank you ^^

All I've done to my car is a 2.5" custom catback magnaflow system, a 76mm throttle body, and a throttle enhancer (badass imo crazy year for me and this car thou.
SoarinSnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 11:17 AM   #2
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Many other people will say do Overkill’s supercharger instead, I agree with them.

I’ve heard procharger’s tune is canned and not great, other then that the only thing is price. Also Overkill switched to Procharger in the past months
Happiness: Infinite

Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 09:08 AM   #3
SJFGTO
Oh Oh it's Friday Night!

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE Nightfall Gray
Whatever you go with, I strongly recommend having a quality shop do the install and perform a dyno/street tune. If you are going to spend the money going FI, for safety, reliability and maximum return on your investment that is the way to go, instead of a canned tune, if possible.
2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE NFG; ARH 2” headers, catless mids, ARH full exhaust, Lingenfelter 18% lower pulley, ATI Harmonic Balancer, Roto-fab CAI, EE-catch can, TM ported TB, NX Lid, BMR strut tower brace. Aeroforce dual pod interceptor gauges. Tuned by Vengeance Racing!!! 644 HP @ 6250 rpm / 689 trq @ 3660 rpm

Four that wanna own me
Two that wanna stone me
One says she's a friend of mine...
SJFGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 12:12 PM   #4
rarest_spun_heaven_metal

Drives: 2020 V6 Camaro Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoarinSnek View Post
Evening everyone. Apologies for my last thread and outburst, unfortunately I became upset how I was treated and the whole car community because I drive a V6, but I've learned alot by the following,

2. Be thankful for what you got (not many can get a camaro, and proud to have a fast car)

Here's the actual thread. I plan on pulling the plug in a few months and want to buy forced induction but idk much about them besides what prochargers and superchargers do for your car. Im thinking edelbrocks stage 1 supercharger or the procharger system and get a custom tune. From any experience, anyone know which is better out of the two? I've seen the procharger adds 165+HP over edelbrocks 100+HP with a custom HPtuners tune but the difference is being carb compliant (dont hafta worry since I'm in SC)

All I've done to my car is a 2.5" custom catback magnaflow system, a 76mm throttle body, and a throttle enhancer (badass imo crazy year for me and this car thou.
Do you really receive that much hate because you drive a V6? Maybe you're just hanging around with the wrong crowd and are a little thin-skinned.

You've come here soliciting advice a lot, so I will give you some. You've said that you got the V6 because you can't really afford the V8. That's okay. That's where your point #1 & #2 come in. I have the V6, and, yeah, I wonder how much better it would be if I had purchased a used SS instead - but if I'm being honest with myself, it's a very fast car already, and a ton of fun. I went for a joyride this morning at sunrise, and - dude - it's pure bliss.

I saw in one of your posts that you said you were 24. Why not try taking it slow for a while? You have your whole life ahead of you to buy stupid-fast cars. If money was part of the reason why you opted for the V6, I would recommend not running off to spend a bunch more of it on a supercharger - potentially creating reliability issues that are gonna cost you even more money down the road once you void your warranty.

Just appreciate your current car. Keep working and making (and saving) money. And in a few years, you can buy exactly the car you want. That is 100% the smartest move for you, if I may be so bold as to say so. There's more to life than having the absolute fastest car on the block.

Just cool it, my friend.
rarest_spun_heaven_metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 07:18 PM   #5
SoarinSnek

Drives: 2020 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJFGTO View Post
Whatever you go with, I strongly recommend having a quality shop do the install and perform a dyno/street tune. If you are going to spend the money going FI, for safety, reliability and maximum return on your investment that is the way to go, instead of a canned tune, if possible.
Powerhouse performance will be installing it with HPtuners when they crack the code.
SoarinSnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 07:37 PM   #6
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarest_spun_heaven_metal View Post
Do you really receive that much hate because you drive a V6? Maybe you're just hanging around with the wrong crowd and are a little thin-skinned.

You've come here soliciting advice a lot, so I will give you some. You've said that you got the V6 because you can't really afford the V8. That's okay. That's where your point #1 & #2 come in. I have the V6, and, yeah, I wonder how much better it would be if I had purchased a used SS instead - but if I'm being honest with myself, it's a very fast car already, and a ton of fun. I went for a joyride this morning at sunrise, and - dude - it's pure bliss.

I saw in one of your posts that you said you were 24. Why not try taking it slow for a while? You have your whole life ahead of you to buy stupid-fast cars. If money was part of the reason why you opted for the V6, I would recommend not running off to spend a bunch more of it on a supercharger - potentially creating reliability issues that are gonna cost you even more money down the road once you void your warranty.

Just appreciate your current car. Keep working and making (and saving) money. And in a few years, you can buy exactly the car you want. That is 100% the smartest move for you, if I may be so bold as to say so. There's more to life than having the absolute fastest car on the block.

Just cool it, my friend.
+1

There's always someone with a faster car. Always.
I for one keep bumping into modded ZL1s with 750-850 rwhp, even my neighbor has 200 rwhp more in his Camaro. Should I now feel bad about my SS? Nope, it's my forever Camaro that I enjoy to the fullest

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 10:00 AM   #7
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
I'd take the FI money and pay off the car early. It improves your credit score (which few things do at such a young age) and will line you up better for future purchases that rely on financing.

It's hard to justify spending 6000-8000 bucks (after install) on making an already very fast car ...even faster. That is, if that money means something to you, and it sounds like money does if it was the deciding factor in not getting a faster car to begin with.

but if dead-set, and carb compliance is not an issue, i'd go with the procharger setup since the units are basically standardized so servicing/maintenance/replacement is simpler/cheaper than the edelbrock unit (which i believe is married to the unique shape of the lgx intake manifold mount)...
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 11:40 AM   #8
BOYD3800SII

Drives: 2017 RS CAMARO V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoarinSnek View Post

Love my V6, but the price for FI is just so expensive. If we could get reliable FI for less than 4K then I would consider one of the off shelf kits. Heck the proper tune alone costs $1300. I have twin turbos modified from a CTS-V that I will be using along with all the other supporting mods. Its a custom work that can do my self on the install. However I am still up to $2100 in parts alone. Something else you have to remember is that we have very little support. There will be a limit to how much HP and torque you can safely add to this motor without throwing more money and time than what it would feasibly cost. At the end of the day I don't think you can go wrong with any of the mentioned kits if you have the $$$. I hope you find your fun zone with whatever you choose!
BOYD3800SII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 09:29 AM   #9
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
I would get the Edelbrock kit. Should overall be less problematic and reliable hence why your Big 3 auto companies use Positive displacement superchargers and not centrifugal. Guys get caught up in peak hp numbers and track times but often forget about power delivery and reliability when it comes to modding something that is a daily driver. Edelbrock might make less peak power but it will substantially increase mid range power and torque. So you will notice the added power even part throttle and not just WOT. Should make the LGX feel more like the LT1 down low.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote