#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Phastek Performance

Old 05-05-2019, 08:15 PM   #29
pauly1119

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarolover85 View Post
thanks! Congrats to you sir, they’re such beautiful cars! What did you get?? Color and year and what not.
Its a 2018 ZL1 1LE in black. All stock with 900 miles on it. We all need change sometimes. I was eyeing the redeye's myself. Just was too much money. Lottery Garage would be one of each bad ass car made. Good luck!!!
pauly1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 10:02 PM   #30
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauly1119 View Post
Its a 2018 ZL1 1LE in black. All stock with 900 miles on it. We all need change sometimes. I was eyeing the redeye's myself. Just was too much money. Lottery Garage would be one of each bad ass car made. Good luck!!!
Right on!!

My lottery garage would be a hellcat, trackhawk, ZL1 and 2020 GT500. Then I’d have to go back in time and get some old cars too, 67 Shelby, 67/69 Camaro, chevelle. Good luck to you too!
Camarolover85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 05:25 AM   #31
CoolbreezeNJ

Drives: '18 Hotwheels 2SS
Good luck with it.

I actually owned a '72 Challenger and a '69 Cuda as I'm an old man. Back then I was all Mopar but not now. Everything back then was all Chevy. I'm all Camaro as I couldn't give up how it handles.
CoolbreezeNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 06:28 AM   #32
ScatPack
Banned

Drives: None at the moment
Nice man. Im on the opposite path. Just sold my 17 Scat A8. Looking for a 19 SS A10. I loved the challenger for my daily duties. But i'd like to get into the road course track days as well as straight line racing. So the camaro should be a better platform to start with. I no longer need to DD my sports cars, so I dont need something big enough to fit my whole family in.

But the Scat is nice. I recommend getting some MT ET street Rs for the track. I was able to cut 1.7 sixties and run 3.6 0-60 bone stock. The scat is a great car to launch if you have traction. And its dead consistent at the track with its A8.
ScatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 07:06 AM   #33
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolbreezeNJ View Post
Good luck with it.

I actually owned a '72 Challenger and a '69 Cuda as I'm an old man. Back then I was all Mopar but not now. Everything back then was all Chevy. I'm all Camaro as I couldn't give up how it handles.
Nothing wrong with that! I enjoyed the handling too.
Old 05-06-2019, 07:07 AM   #34
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScatPack View Post
Nice man. Im on the opposite path. Just sold my 17 Scat A8. Looking for a 19 SS A10. I loved the challenger for my daily duties. But i'd like to get into the road course track days as well as straight line racing. So the camaro should be a better platform to start with. I no longer need to DD my sports cars, so I dont need something big enough to fit my whole family in.

But the Scat is nice. I recommend getting some MT ET street Rs for the track. I was able to cut 1.7 sixties and run 3.6 0-60 bone stock. The scat is a great car to launch if you have traction. And its dead consistent at the track with its A8.
Yeah, Camaro is better all around for what you’re looking for, you’re going to love it. I don’t DD my cars or do track courses or 1/4 miles either so that’s one consideration I take. This one is purely just for fun on the weekends and for comfort.
Old 05-06-2019, 07:17 AM   #35
ScatPack
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, Camaro is better all around for what you’re looking for, you’re going to love it. I don’t DD my cars or do track courses or 1/4 miles either so that’s one consideration I take. This one is purely just for fun on the weekends and for comfort.
FYI the scat is a tire smoking old fashion muscle car. There is no bones about it. It does one thing very well. Blister tires. That car is so much fun with the A8 (i hope you got the A8). Put it in sport mode, enable manual shift mode, and stand on it. Use the paddles, they are instantly responsive and a ton of fun. And the car will get you into so many gas station conversations, its going to make you puke. I couldnt stop for one minute without someone asking me if it was a hellcat, or if it had a hemi. Lol. Another thing, you will have a rear end howl or whine at 45mph. There is nothing wrong with it. Every challenger/charger has it. I have owned 2 2017 Challengers and a 2017 Daytona 392 charger. They all did it and so will yours. Its not loud, but you will hear it. And the dealer will replace your rearend, and the new one will do it too. Save yourself the heart ache and time, and ignore it. Thats very good advice right there, because I know.

The car is a blast. I was just ready to get something I could throw around better. And I'd like to mod my new car as well. Thats another thing the challenger sucks for. Mods. The Hemi tax is big on these cars. The ECU is locked, and a tune will cost $1500 because you will need a new hardware unlocked ECU and then the cost of the tune. And everything else is expensive too. A single cam is like $1000. Not $300 like it should be. And forget boost. The rods in the scat are good for like 6psi. Anything after that, and you will need drop in pistons and rods. At that point guys are buying the hellcat short block and pulling the 392 short out and selling it. HC short blocks can be had brand new with their factory forged pistons and rods for like $4500. And you should be able to get a lot for that 392 short block. Then you can just bolt your long block items to the new 6.2 short block and make 1200hp with whatever boost you want.
Old 05-06-2019, 08:40 AM   #36
NYJets12

Drives: 2018 1LT Camaro
Nice , nice shade of blue to
Old 05-06-2019, 10:13 AM   #37
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets12 View Post
Nice , nice shade of blue to
Thanks!
Old 05-06-2019, 10:24 AM   #38
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Quote:
FYI the scat is a tire smoking old fashion muscle car. There is no bones about it. It does one thing very well. Blister tires. That car is so much fun with the A8 (i hope you got the A8). Put it in sport mode, enable manual shift mode, and stand on it. Use the paddles, they are instantly responsive and a ton of fun. And the car will get you into so many gas station conversations, its going to make you puke. I couldnt stop for one minute without someone asking me if it was a hellcat, or if it had a hemi. Lol. Another thing, you will have a rear end howl or whine at 45mph. There is nothing wrong with it. Every challenger/charger has it. I have owned 2 2017 Challengers and a 2017 Daytona 392 charger. They all did it and so will yours. Its not loud, but you will hear it. And the dealer will replace your rearend, and the new one will do it too. Save yourself the heart ache and time, and ignore it. Thats very good advice right there, because I know.

The car is a blast. I was just ready to get something I could throw around better. And I'd like to mod my new car as well. Thats another thing the challenger sucks for. Mods. The Hemi tax is big on these cars. The ECU is locked, and a tune will cost $1500 because you will need a new hardware unlocked ECU and then the cost of the tune. And everything else is expensive too. A single cam is like $1000. Not $300 like it should be. And forget boost. The rods in the scat are good for like 6psi. Anything after that, and you will need drop in pistons and rods. At that point guys are buying the hellcat short block and pulling the 392 short out and selling it. HC short blocks can be had brand new with their factory forged pistons and rods for like $4500. And you should be able to get a lot for that 392 short block. Then you can just bolt your long block items to the new 6.2 short block and make 1200hp with whatever boost you want.

There’s so much info here I didn’t know haha. I did get the A8 with technology, convenience and plus package. That’s interesting about the rear end, I’ve never heard anyone say anything like that. If that’s the biggest issue it’s at least better than the shudder issue the A8 on Chevy has.

That kinda sucks, I didn’t realize that. I wanted a V8 so I CAN mod some because the V6 is a giant waste of time if you’re not going to throw down 5K on a supercharger. Thanks for the PSI info though, I doubt I’ll ever go that route but knowing that I really can’t helps that decision. I really only plan on a stek wrap, intake, possibly headers and maybe an exhaust. I really need to drive it to see what I think of this dodge “performance exhaust.”
Old 05-06-2019, 10:38 AM   #39
FH212

Drives: 2021 Camaro SS 1LE
Is that car at Melloy Dodge here in Albuquerque? Very nice Scat. I bought my wife a 2018 Charger R/T in octane red last summer for our family car. We love it so much I almost bought a 2018 Challenger TA 392 in octane red a month later. But went with the 17 Camaro 1LE I found for sale on this forum instead. You will not be disappointed. These new Dodge products are well built and very fun to drive! And I agree, Dodge colors are flipping awesome. I wish Chevy would start doing more colors. B5 Blue is a beautiful color along with the F8 green and my personal favorite Octane red.
2001 Mecham Trans Am #3 - 7.0L LS1
FH212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 11:26 AM   #40
ScatPack
Banned

Quote:
There’s so much info here I didn’t know haha. I did get the A8 with technology, convenience and plus package. That’s interesting about the rear end, I’ve never heard anyone say anything like that. If that’s the biggest issue it’s at least better than the shudder issue the A8 on Chevy has.

That kinda sucks, I didn’t realize that. I wanted a V8 so I CAN mod some because the V6 is a giant waste of time if you’re not going to throw down 5K on a supercharger. Thanks for the PSI info though, I doubt I’ll ever go that route but knowing that I really can’t helps that decision. I really only plan on a stek wrap, intake, possibly headers and maybe an exhaust. I really need to drive it to see what I think of this dodge “performance exhaust.”
Heres my stock car. Cold start... Its LOUD.

Old 05-06-2019, 12:21 PM   #41
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Quote:
Heres my stock car. Cold start... Its LOUD.

Love that!!
Old 05-06-2019, 12:22 PM   #42
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by FH212 View Post
Is that car at Melloy Dodge here in Albuquerque? Very nice Scat. I bought my wife a 2018 Charger R/T in octane red last summer for our family car. We love it so much I almost bought a 2018 Challenger TA 392 in octane red a month later. But went with the 17 Camaro 1LE I found for sale on this forum instead. You will not be disappointed. These new Dodge products are well built and very fun to drive! And I agree, Dodge colors are flipping awesome. I wish Chevy would start doing more colors. B5 Blue is a beautiful color along with the F8 green and my personal favorite Octane red.
Yes it is! I’m waiting for them to ship it here to Colorado! Awesome thanks for the good vibes! Never want to hear anyone say anything negative lol! I was torn between F8 green with black/silver racing stripes or B5 blue with black stripes. I may stripe, I may not but I loved the B5 blue by itself more than the F8.