Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-29-2019, 08:30 AM   #141
travislambert

Drives: '17 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUQWIKR View Post
travislambert: Can we get an update on your thoughts on the DSSV swap given you’ve probably had some more track time since your last post about it. Thanks.
Yeah, I've had a few track days this year.

Honestly, my thoughts haven't changed much. Personally, I don't see any major advantage to this suspension over the MRC. Maybe it's there and it takes a pro-driver to extract it, but I haven't found it. I feel like the MRC is just as fast on the track and waaaay better on the street.

2023 Camaro SS 1LE A10
2023 Camaro ZL1 1LE M6
2017 Camaro ZL1 M6
2016 Camaro SS M6 w/LT4 (Sold)
travislambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 09:30 AM   #142
RUQWIKR

Drives: 1LEs
Quote:
Originally Posted by travislambert View Post
Yeah, I've had a few track days this year.

Honestly, my thoughts haven't changed much. Personally, I don't see any major advantage to this suspension over the MRC. Maybe it's there and it takes a pro-driver to extract it, but I haven't found it. I feel like the MRC is just as fast on the track and waaaay better on the street.
Appreciate it. Saw last night you were at the SCCA TT National tour event. What mods did the Camaros that finished ahead of you have?
RUQWIKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 09:58 AM   #143
travislambert

Quote:
Appreciate it. Saw last night you were at the SCCA TT National tour event. What mods did the Camaros that finished ahead of you have?
I was running in Sport 1 and finished first in my class and 4th overall.

First overall - Tom O'Gorman (Professional Driver. Google his name.)
He was running a heavily modified SS automatic. It had ZL1 aero, a rear diffuser, aftermarket exhaust, lightweight race seats, coilover suspension, and 335s front and rear on lightweight 18s (yeah, 335s in the front!)

Second overall - Michael Laffey (not driving a Camaro, but added for completeness)
Heavily modified C7 Corvette Z06 on slicks.

Third overall - Jason Anderson
He has a Calloway SS automatic. I believe it has a rebuilt engine with forged internals, etc. It has a 2300 supercharger, BMR sway bars, oil cooler, SS 1LE wheels and tires, ZL1 1LE rear airfoil. His car is a good bit faster than my ZL1. It would pull away from me on the straights, but that's not to take anything away from Jason. He is one hell of a good driver.

2023 Camaro SS 1LE A10
2023 Camaro ZL1 1LE M6
2017 Camaro ZL1 M6
Old 04-29-2019, 12:01 PM   #144
RUQWIKR

We can take this out of this thread if you want - did not mean to derail it...

https://timetrials.growsites.net/eve.../overall?clean

O'Gorman was in Tuner 2 according to the results. 335's puts you in Tuner 1 as Tuner 2 is 315 max for non-AWD. Looks like he was on BFG Rival S's (or S 1.5's). The rear diffuser added is supposed to put you into Max. If he had head / cam type of engine work, that's not Tuner either.

Laffey's slicks - supposed to be 200TW even in Max. Non-DOT and / or less than 200TW gets you Unlimited or 200TW and less than 7/32" tread depth, etc.

Anderson's Callaway seems correct in Prepped 1 just based on what you listed.

My Regional SCCA for Time Trials does some minor peer teching AFTER the event. I'm used to NHRA Divisional / National tech where it is BEFORE the event, and during plus after. I'm not saying that the above guys knowingly were not in the correct class. Just looking at the rules as our Regional TT's may be following them next year - they are not this year. In fact, in my opinion, it's a joke this year. They got rid of PAX. Everything from Super Street to F-Street has no PAX and run head's up. So, a ZL1 1LE has no time penalty against a V6 Camaro.

https://timetrials.scca.com/pages/sp...ory-full-rules

https://timetrials.scca.com/pages/cat2fullrules

https://timetrials.scca.com/pages/cat3fullrules/

https://timetrials.scca.com/pages/class4fullrules

https://timetrials.scca.com/pages/unlimited-category
Old 04-29-2019, 12:44 PM   #145
travislambert

Quote:
We can take this out of this thread if you want - did not mean to derail it...

https://timetrials.growsites.net/eve.../overall?clean

O'Gorman was in Tuner 2 according to the results. 335's puts you in Tuner 1 as Tuner 2 is 315 max for non-AWD. Looks like he was on BFG Rival S's (or S 1.5's). The rear diffuser added is supposed to put you into Max. If he had head / cam type of engine work, that's not Tuner either.

Laffey's slicks - supposed to be 200TW even in Max. Non-DOT and / or less than 200TW gets you Unlimited or 200TW and less than 7/32" tread depth, etc.

Anderson's Callaway seems correct in Prepped 1 just based on what you listed.

My Regional SCCA for Time Trials does some minor peer teching AFTER the event. I'm used to NHRA Divisional / National tech where it is BEFORE the event, and during plus after. I'm not saying that the above guys knowingly were not in the correct class. Just looking at the rules as our Regional TT's may be following them next year - they are not this year. In fact, in my opinion, it's a joke this year. They got rid of PAX. Everything from Super Street to F-Street has no PAX and run head's up. So, a ZL1 1LE has no time penalty against a V6 Camaro.

https://timetrials.scca.com/pages/sp...ory-full-rules

https://timetrials.scca.com/pages/cat2fullrules

https://timetrials.scca.com/pages/cat3fullrules/

https://timetrials.scca.com/pages/class4fullrules

https://timetrials.scca.com/pages/unlimited-category
The rules enforcement during the event was a complete joke. Manfred Woodall was running Supercar 3Rs (100TW) in Sport 1. I mentioned this to the officials and nobody seemed to care. So I asked if I could bring 3Rs to the second day of the event, and I was told no.

2023 Camaro SS 1LE A10
2023 Camaro ZL1 1LE M6
2017 Camaro ZL1 M6
Old 04-29-2019, 01:18 PM   #146
RUQWIKR

Quote:
The rules enforcement during the event was a complete joke. Manfred Woodall was running Supercar 3Rs (100TW) in Sport 1. I mentioned this to the officials and nobody seemed to care. So I asked if I could bring 3Rs to the second day of the event, and I was told no.
That's what I was afraid of. I sure as heck don't want to travel hundreds or thousands of miles and be legal just to run against stuff like that with that type of poor officiating / oversight. Anyways, you did well especially given the circumstances...
Old 04-29-2019, 01:53 PM   #147
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Travis, I'm still not buying my car pulls you much on the straights. If that's the case an A10 must pull you like crazy.

SC630: 0-60 3.6, 1/4 mile 11.6 @ 125
ZL1 Manual: 0-60 3.7, 1/4 mile 11.8 @ 125

ZL1 Auto: 0-60 3.5, 1/4 mile 11.4 @ 127

But yeah they didn't enforce the rules at all which was BS. It rained all night Saturday and the morning of Sunday it was still misting and soaked. They announced that you could change tires. I thought the number 1 rule of the entire thing was 1 set of tires and they even stamped them during tech inspection. None of it mattered though because like Travis said they didn't even look at the tires just stamped them. Slicks were good to go as well as G3Rs in the street tire classes. They don't enforce the rules and make you protest someone to make you the bad guy if you have to.
TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 02:12 PM   #148
travislambert

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJA105 View Post
Travis, I'm still not buying my car pulls you much on the straights. If that's the case an A10 must pull you like crazy.

SC630: 0-60 3.6, 1/4 mile 11.6 @ 125
ZL1 Manual: 0-60 3.7, 1/4 mile 11.8 @ 125

ZL1 Auto: 0-60 3.5, 1/4 mile 11.4 @ 127

But yeah they didn't enforce the rules at all which was BS. It rained all night Saturday and the morning of Sunday it was still misting and soaked. They announced that you could change tires. I thought the number 1 rule of the entire thing was 1 set of tires and they even stamped them during tech inspection. None of it mattered though because like Travis said they didn't even look at the tires just stamped them. Slicks were good to go as well as G3Rs in the street tire classes. They don't enforce the rules and make you protest someone to make you the bad guy if you have to.
I don't put much stock into those published 1/4 mile times. Too many variables there and I'm not sure 1/4 mile times are a best indicator of a roll-race type comparison for a road course straightaway.

The A10 will pull on an M6 like crazy. Like I said though, I'm not trying to take anything away from you as a driver. We could trade cars and I'm sure you'd still run a better time than me... However, your car is very fast and it does pull away from mine on the straights.

Next time we're at the track together, maybe we can stage a comparison down the front stretch.

2023 Camaro SS 1LE A10
2023 Camaro ZL1 1LE M6
2017 Camaro ZL1 M6

Last edited by travislambert; 04-29-2019 at 02:25 PM.
Old 04-29-2019, 02:22 PM   #149
cdb95z28

Drives: 2022 1SS 1LE A10 BCD WCT+PDR
Quote:
I don't put much stock into those published times 1/4 mile times. Too many variables there and I'm not sure 1/4 mile times are a best indicator of a roll-race type comparison for a road course straightaway.

The A10 will pull on an M6 like crazy. Like I said though, I'm not trying to take anything away from you as a driver. We could trade cars and I'm sure you'd still run a better time than me... However, your car is very fast and it does pull away from mine on the straights.

Next time we're at the track together, maybe we can stage a comparison down the front stretch.
Straightaway speed is not all about the amount of power a car has. The apex and exit speed of the previous corner plays a part. A faster apex and exit speed will result in a higher straightaway speed, if all other variables are the same if not very similar.

Nice work at Pitt Race fellas!
Old 04-29-2019, 02:27 PM   #150
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Quote:
I don't put much stock into those published 1/4 mile times. Too many variables there and I'm not sure 1/4 mile times are a best indicator of a roll-race type comparison for a road course straightaway.

I'm down for that, let's see if we get yelled at haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdb95z28 View Post
Straightaway speed is not all about the amount of power a car has. The apex and exit speed of the previous corner plays a part. A faster apex and exit speed will result in a higher straightaway speed, if all other variables are the same if not very similar.

100%, hope to see you out there next month
TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 02:29 PM   #151
cdb95z28

Drives: 2022 1SS 1LE A10 BCD WCT+PDR
Quote:

100%, hope to see you out there next month
Same here Jason, Car is getting tuned on Thursday
Old 04-29-2019, 02:44 PM   #152
travislambert

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdb95z28 View Post

I realize that, but I've been behind him on out laps before where we both accelerate at about the same time, and I watch his car pull away.

Quote:
Yeah. I think I can stage up behind you in a way they won't know what we're doing. You'll just need to lift out of the corner so I can sync speeds with you. Then we'll both accelerate at the same time, and I'll capture it with the PDR. Maybe not a perfect test, but it should be good enough to show what I'm talking about.

2023 Camaro SS 1LE A10
2023 Camaro ZL1 1LE M6
2017 Camaro ZL1 M6
Old 04-29-2019, 08:49 PM   #153
Ls6larry

Drives: 94z28 03z06 05 gto 02ss 16ss
Im not taking sides in this thread, but I lost to you Travis by around .7 of a second in a regular 2ss camaro, vs you in a zl1. That's a 200hp advantage over me. You Lost to Jason by around 3.5 seconds. Taking nothing away from his car being faster , but your car is hands down faster then mine. This was a very even test. We all had same tires. I think it's more jason has better corner and exit speed and it shows down the straits , maybe your video will show different. But I don't think it will. If that's the case based on being a faster car you should have bested me by several seconds . he just had his shit together and ran so killer laps. I also ran my fastest 155.1 lap. The pressure of completion gave everyone the boost to try harder
Ls6larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 09:22 PM   #154
travislambert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ls6larry View Post
Im not taking sides in this thread, but I lost to you Travis by around .7 of a second in a regular 2ss camaro, vs you in a zl1. That's a 200hp advantage over me. You Lost to Jason by around 3.5 seconds. Taking nothing away from his car being faster , but your car is hands down faster then mine. This was a very even test. We all had same tires. I think it's more jason has better corner and exit speed and it shows down the straits , maybe your video will show different. But I don't think it will. If that's the case based on being a faster car you should have bested me by several seconds . he just had his shit together and ran so killer laps. I also ran my fastest 155.1 lap. The pressure of completion gave everyone the boost to try harder
Your time is exceptional Larry. You are one hell of a good driver. In my eyes, you had the most impressive time out of anyone in the top five. I sincerely mean that.

I have nothing but respect for you and Jason. You both are better drivers than I am. Please understand, I wasn't trying to take anything away from Jason by stating his car is faster than an M6 ZL1. I was just trying to provide the best context I could to a question that was asked of me.

2023 Camaro SS 1LE A10
2023 Camaro ZL1 1LE M6
2017 Camaro ZL1 M6