Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS

Old 05-01-2019, 10:14 PM   #85
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Get on GM chat and give them the TSB # and confirm you're covered. Then give them the name of the dealer and service writer who refused it. See if they'll contact the dealer for you. Or just email you that you're covered. Failing that, you can always complain to GM in writing.

Of course either way the dealer will play dumb, so let them own the mistake and make it right for you.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 12:20 AM   #86
CamaroSS50

Drives: 2017 Camaro Convertible SS Fifty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejano View Post
I just noticed the rear window separating from my convertible top Saturday. I called my local dealer and I was told my camaro vin number was not included in the service bulletin that Bird1956 mentioned. The service bulletin says camaro convertibles 2016-2018! I was under the impression that covered all convertibles made in those three years . According to my dealer it is not. They want to charge me $70 just to “LOOK AT IT” so they can “diagnose” the problem and so they can give me an accurate quote on the cost for the repair. Of course my warrant has lapsed, so I will be responsible for the entire cost of the repair. What kinda bs is that? I explained to the service writer that this was a known issue and it should be covered regardless of vin #! She said there was nothing she could do and I would be responsible for the cost. The dealership is 40 miles from me so it’s damn near a whole day circus just to take the car in. And that means taking off work, and losing a whole day. Especially if a known issues isn’t resolved by GM.

This is my first GM vehicle ever and I always wanted a camaro since I was a kid. I was a loyal Ford man my whole life until I got crossways with my local ford dealer concerning my expedition. Long story short, I basically told them where they could stick their truck and that I would never buy another ford vehicle. I was super excited to finally get my dream car and was hoping and expecting a better experience from GM. Unfortunately that has not been the case. My ‘vert has been in the dealers shop several times for a couple issues. Luckily those where covered under the warranty, but the personnel at the dealership were very rude and snobby. And now this issue with the window and I’m getting the cold shoulder just like ford! It’s a damn shame! Apparently it’s not a big secret that these convertibles have issues with the window. So why doesn’t GM just nut up and fix their mistake for the sake of their customers. These cars aren’t cheap! I expect a lot better service and consideration from GM and the dealership. Any GM customer buying any GM vehicle should. Guess I might just have to look into a dodge! (Cringe) 😬
1. How are you out of the warranty period?
2. As the following poster wrote, contact GM, while no slam dunk and frustrating as all heck, they do turn the screws on the dealership.

CamaroSS50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 01:21 AM   #87
Tejano

Drives: 2017 camaro ss convertible
Im over 36,000 miles. I’m at 47k! And I have called GM and I was told the same thing about my vin # not being on the service bulletin. She was trying to contact my dealer to set up a time for me to take it in, but again I was going to be charged $70 just to have it looked at. Sure $70 is better than $1800, but it’s the principle behind the whole situation. I’m just going to have to pay the $70 I guess. I’m sure I’ll be told that it’s still my responsibility to pay for the repair. This dealership denied my claim on my wheels peeling. And the vehicle was still under warranty at the time! So go figure. I’ll call GM again and maybe, hopefully, someone will help me. Thanks for the responses and help.
Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 05:51 AM   #88
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejano View Post
Im over 36,000 miles. I’m at 47k! And I have called GM and I was told the same thing about my vin # not being on the service bulletin.
Ahh well there's that. Sorry you're out of warranty.

Ask around and find the best local convertible top shop and have them fix it. They won't charge you to look at it. The dealer will just farm it out the to same shop, and charge you a few hondo$ more for their trouble.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 07:25 AM   #89
jimijam

Drives: 2017 SS1
Mine top is scheduled to be replaced next week. They are taking it to a custom shop. I asked them to look at it while it was in for scheduled service. No fuss at all. I will update after replacement.
jimijam is offline   Reply With Quote