Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

AWE Tuning

Old 01-26-2024, 02:23 PM   #1
Christian1LE

Drives: 2004 BMW 330CI, 2022 1SS 1LE
Windshield Protection

Came across this and I plan on installing it on my car when I replace the windshield (which will probably be at the end of the year).

My windshield is absolutely destroyed from the track, when I'm driving against the sun it's hard to see through it, so many little chips. I also finally got a real crack up high but not in my field of view.

My friend at the track had this stuff on his car and I didn't even know there was anything there until he told me. Hopefully this doesnt sound like a sponsored ad, I've never tried it yet but it seemed to work well on my friends car. It could totally suck or get nasty after some time but I think it's worth a try.

https://www.windshieldskin.com/store...yx-asln5-jc5nx
Christian1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 02:35 PM   #2
MatthewAMEL

Drives: 2023 CT5 Blackwing
Windshield films are tough. If they are thick enough to provide protection against impacts, they are thick enough to distort your vision through them.

I rode along in a friends 570 and ExoShield is the only one I would consider. It was virtually distortion-free at Sebring.

https://www.getexoshield.com/windshi...mparison-Table

2023 Wave Metallic
CT5-V Blackwing M6
MatthewAMEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 02:47 PM   #3
MT-SS1LE

Drives: 2023 SS 1LE Sharkskin
I installed windshield film on my car after getting a rock chip and wanting to prevent further damage. I bought a roll and cut and installed it with my wife's help. It was not as hard as I thought it would be. It is not the one you linked to, but you can tell there is a film on the windshield. The light transmission is slightly reduced and there is some minor distortion that you easily adjust to. Mine is not a daily driver, so I can live with the minor negatives and will probably replace it every few years. Cheaper than a new windshield and hoping you get a competent installer.
Old 01-27-2024, 10:26 AM   #4
Trackpack

Drives: 1LE
I find it easier and less expensive to buy down the glass deductible to $100 and then simply replace the windshield when it is chipped beyond my liking.
Trackpack is offline   Reply With Quote