Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-01-2017, 05:04 AM   #1
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Elite E2 dual port install DIY

I finally got to install my Elite E2 dual port catch can.
I have been emailing Elite about their kit for the 6th gen Lt1. The kit they sent me does not come with directions and the diy on here does not work. The can wont fit in that location and my kit came with a bracket that would not mount anywhere in the car. So I ordered a bunch of brackets and found the hockey stick to work great. http://www.eliteengineeringusa.com/o...brackets-only/
you can order the kit from them and add the hockey stick and you will have all you need. Id call them and get your own kit
The only way I found to mount the can in a spot that will allow you to empty it without removing the whole can was on the pass side using one of the sound tube mounting bolts. You will have to do a sound tube delete.

remove sound tube. Its very easy. undo the 2 T50 screws. pull the tube clamps off. With a 10mm socket remove the bolt on the firewall mounting plate. turn the mounting plate clockwise and pull it off. Remove assembly.
I heated up the tube and pulled the mounting plate off. I then used a heater core cap from a Help 02253 kit

you take the 2nd larges cap and soap it up and using a dowel you tap it into the tube.

if you do not want to do this you can buy a plate from the 2.0L turbo Camaro from Gen5DIY http://www.gen5diy.com/Chevrolet/Cam...Firewall-Plug/
you then mount your can to the bottom sound tube screw. can mounts as low as you can get it. You will need to use the spacer that comes with the hockey stick. I used the original T50 bolt.

Make sure it looks level and tighten it up. Open the clamps on the fuel tube so you can get the engine cover off. You pull the drivers side engine cover off buy pulling up on the cover then pull towards the middle of the engine to get it around the fuel line. remove the u shaped vacuum tube below the throttle body. The gray tabs push in to release the tube. the bottom nippel goes to the center of the can the top to the one of the exit ports on the can.
you add 1 of the 1 way valves arrow pointing away from the can to both exit ports.

Next you connect the 2nd exit port with 1 way valve to the air bridge (intake tube) as close the the throttle body as you can. I just happened to find a piece from a https://www.amazon.com/Campbell-Haus.../dp/B0000CBJ9O Its the filter on the bottom that holds the air chuck. The 3/8" vacuum nipple that come with the 6th gen Elite kit screws right into it and it fits perfectly in the spot that the sound tube was mounted. You can also buy a 1" plug and thread it for the vacuum nipple.

Installing a Elite clean side is shown below. You use another cap from the vacuum kit above and cap the center nipple on the factory clean side seperator. The Elite clean side can has a 3/8 hose nipple so you will need a 3/8" to 3/4" adapter. I used a 1/2" hose because i did not have a 3/8 to 3/4 adapter. I had to heat it up to get the 1/2" hose on the air tube nipple. 3/4" heater hose fits kind of loosely on the nipple. if would be fine wit ha clamp.
I later replaced all the hose clamps with squeeze clamps for a OEM look.

real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1

Last edited by JCunningham; 06-17-2017 at 10:47 PM.
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 07:23 AM   #2
MAGAUSA

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 1LE
I did something similar with their other bracket and the e-2x

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=495557

Very convenient location.
MAGAUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 10:07 PM   #3
Elite Engineering

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Excellent job! Yes, the LT1 has a good robust cleanside system from the factory, so adding the dual valve E2-X really addresses all of the ingestion issues.

Elite Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 10:41 PM   #4
JCunningham

im going to be making some plugs for the intake threaded for the the nipple you provided in the kit. I want to make them out of plastic but might make them out of Stainless steel.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
Old 07-09-2017, 06:31 AM   #5
Soleil

Drives: Camaro 50th anniversary edition
Hi JCunningham,

I ordered the E2 single, ist the installation the same?
Soleil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 07:40 AM   #6
JCunningham

ya
Old 07-19-2017, 12:11 AM   #7
JCunningham

My sisters boyfriend made me some plugs on the lath out of Delrin. Ill dye them black with RIT dye at 195F
Attached Images

Old 08-02-2017, 11:11 AM   #8
DFW1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE Mosiac Black
The one aspect of this can that is holding me back from buying is the need to install the line that goes to the intake air tube. I can see how this can be retrofitted to go in the hole where the stock sound tube connects, but it would be good if elite provided a fitting for tying into that hole for their Camaro system, but further, what do you use if you switch to an aftermaket CAI like a Roto-Fab; and how do you tap into those CAIs that have no sound tube fitting and much thinner walled material. Simply drilling a hole and screwing in the elite barb doesn't appeal to me for such situations. Has anyone else installed the EX-2 with a non-factory CAI and how did you tap into it?
DFW1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 12:39 PM   #9
JCunningham

drilling the hole would be the only way.
Old 08-14-2017, 02:42 AM   #10
JCunningham

new black delrin plugs
Attached Images

Old 08-14-2017, 11:55 AM   #11
Soleil

Hi @JCunningham,
Where do you plug them? I have a few questions. I figuered it out how to delete the sound tube and how to plug the fire wall. Unfortunately elite did not send any plugs.�� I don't understand which hose goes where to the can and I have only 1 valve. And what did you use for the air intake?

Last edited by Soleil; 08-14-2017 at 01:25 PM.
Old 08-14-2017, 11:51 PM   #12
JCunningham

ill get back to you tomorrow. got to get some sleep
Old 08-17-2017, 04:09 PM   #13
Soleil

@JCunningham,
I will place the can on the same spot but I don't have to remove the sound tube. Why did you install the second valve at the intake tube? If I leave it as is what will happen as it is still connected to the sound tube.
Old 08-17-2017, 10:23 PM   #14
JCunningham

you want the 2nd one to the intake so the can works 100% of the time. if you only have a 1 outlet can it will not work at wide open throttle. this explains it. You can add the 2nd outlet with a 1 way valve. just drill a hole in the intake tube befor the throttle body between the the TB and sound tube. http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=459958