Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

AWE Tuning

Old 05-18-2018, 07:51 PM   #155
mbnwa

Drives: 18 NGM ZL1 1LE
PDR Component part numbers and install

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttowl View Post
Did all the wires from the gray connector on the PDR go to the radio connector a 11?

Excluding BK I still have not found where it goes, I checked every connector on that harness and none toned out for the BK wire not even ground. I’m going to open the harness fully next week to pull each connector out and use them on my car for a factory type install. I will figure out where that BK ones goes if anywhere
17' Camaro 2SS A8 Vert Upgrades: Pray MSD IM/95mm TB/E85/Tune / Roto-fab CAI / GM Dark Taillights / LED Turn's with VLED Resisters / LED Reverse Lights / JWM Side Markers / Factory UQT PDR (CTS-V) / BMR DSL, MM010 / TSP 1 7/8 / Front Camera / Eyebrow Harness / Elite Engineering E2-X / AEM Wideband with Aeroforce single pod / HD Radio / OnStar Delete / RPM Roll Bar

Last edited by mbnwa; 05-19-2018 at 01:02 AM.
mbnwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 07:55 PM   #156
nighttowl
Sarcasm loading --------

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Thanks. Im wiring mine right now. Im about 30% done.

2018 MBM ZL1 1LE - Stock
2014 CRT ZL1 574 rwhp, 537 rwtq - SOLD
2010 IBM SS Camaro VVT L99 w/ TR6060 swap, 489 rwhp, 444 rwtq - SOLD
nighttowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 08:22 PM   #157
Block8head

Drives: 2016 Vert 2SS/2018 ZL1 Vert Red Hot
Quote:
do you have the list of all the part for your car?
Old 05-18-2018, 08:49 PM   #158
mbnwa

Quote:

I would leave the BK wire disconnected for now just to ensure no issues - interested to see how it turns out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
17' Camaro 2SS A8 Vert Upgrades: Pray MSD IM/95mm TB/E85/Tune / Roto-fab CAI / GM Dark Taillights / LED Turn's with VLED Resisters / LED Reverse Lights / JWM Side Markers / Factory UQT PDR (CTS-V) / BMR DSL, MM010 / TSP 1 7/8 / Front Camera / Eyebrow Harness / Elite Engineering E2-X / AEM Wideband with Aeroforce single pod / HD Radio / OnStar Delete / RPM Roll Bar
Old 05-18-2018, 09:04 PM   #159
nighttowl
Sarcasm loading --------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Block8head View Post
do you have the list of all the part for your car?
I had everything as of yesterday.

alot of the stuff on this car is on parts restriction - you cant buy the wiring and some modules. Ive made my own harness and bought some cables I had to modify a little to make it work.

once im done and it works Ill post the remaining items.
check the first post in this thread - 80% ofo everything needed is there already.

one unknown we are headed into is if the windshield needs replaced. the black dots in the glass behind the mirror look like they will obstruct the camera view.

2018 MBM ZL1 1LE - Stock
Old 05-19-2018, 03:36 PM   #160
Block8head

Quote:
I had everything as of yesterday.

alot of the stuff on this car is on parts restriction - you cant buy the wiring and some modules. Ive made my own harness and bought some cables I had to modify a little to make it work.

once im done and it works Ill post the remaining items.
check the first post in this thread - 80% ofo everything needed is there already.

one unknown we are headed into is if the windshield needs replaced. the black dots in the glass behind the mirror look like they will obstruct the camera view.
Old 05-22-2018, 09:16 PM   #161
nighttowl
Sarcasm loading --------

Quote:
Just an update - I wired it all in on sunday and it did not work. I quadruple checked the wiring - its right.
We suspect that since the PDR cars required NAV, and all came with an IO6 radio the IO5 radio my car came with needs changed out. The wiring between the two radios is identical, so it should be a simple struggle in, struggle out affair.
The problem is that i ordered it through a dealership sunday and today GM cancelled the order; saying the part is on restriction. I have someone else working on getting it for me and I ordered an MDI setup to program it myself when it comes in.

At this point mbnwa is closer to getting a functioning setup than I am, I have to wait for the radio to come in to try it and I dont know if I will see it before the weekend.

wiring it really sucked - there is no room in the dash - its very cramped.
I feel bad for the poor soul who tries to do this on a hot day.

no work yet as to whether the windshield needs changed. an option would be to simply move the camera over for those who do not want to buy the windshield. I made some of the windshield clips out of black acetal; the 3d printed ones out of PLA did not work.

2018 MBM ZL1 1LE - Stock
Old 05-22-2018, 09:31 PM   #162
Block8head

Damn, LOL
Old 05-22-2018, 09:47 PM   #163
GTPprix
I hack cars.

Drives: Lots ;)
Quote:
Just an update - I wired it all in on sunday and it did not work. I quadruple checked the wiring - its right.
We suspect that since the PDR cars required NAV, and all came with an IO6 radio the IO5 radio my car came with needs changed out. The wiring between the two radios is identical, so it should be a simple struggle in, struggle out affair.
The problem is that i ordered it through a dealership sunday and today GM cancelled the order; saying the part is on restriction. I have someone else working on getting it for me and I ordered an MDI setup to program it myself when it comes in.

At this point mbnwa is closer to getting a functioning setup than I am, I have to wait for the radio to come in to try it and I dont know if I will see it before the weekend.

wiring it really sucked - there is no room in the dash - its very cramped.
I feel bad for the poor soul who tries to do this on a hot day.

no work yet as to whether the windshield needs changed. an option would be to simply move the camera over for those who do not want to buy the windshield. I made some of the windshield clips out of black acetal; the 3d printed ones out of PLA did not work.
We can program the IO5 to work it’s not required.
Old 05-22-2018, 09:53 PM   #164
Block8head

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTPprix View Post
We can program the IO5 to work it’s not required.
Chris,

Can i send you mine to have it done. Keep telling myself to remove it and send it to you but been busy as hell. LOL
Old 05-22-2018, 09:59 PM   #165
GTPprix
I hack cars.

Drives: Lots ;)
Quote:
Chris,

Can i send you mine to have it done. Keep telling myself to remove it and send it to you but been busy as hell. LOL
Yes hope to have this backlog cleared by the end of the week then we will start taking orders again plus since we do this right (unlike what a dealer could do) you’ll still be able to update it etc.
Old 05-22-2018, 10:07 PM   #166
Block8head

Quote:
Yes hope to have this backlog cleared by the end of the week then we will start taking orders again plus since we do this right (unlike what a dealer could do) you’ll still be able to update it etc.
Awesome man. Love the one you did for my 14 and 16 Silverado. We'll be in touch soon.
Old 05-22-2018, 10:25 PM   #167
mbnwa

Quote:
nighttowl already had his HMI done by Gen5DIY does his A11 I04/I05/U2K&VRG module also need an updated calibration? After he wired everything up for the PDR and hit the PDR icon on his screen nothing happened. Every wire on the grey connector for the PDR terminates to the A11 radio module so the assumption is that something in the calibration is keeping it from triggering the PDR even though his HMI has been updated.

Last edited by mbnwa; 05-22-2018 at 10:35 PM.
Old 05-24-2018, 03:00 PM   #168
mbnwa

I’m just going to leave these here while I finish some things up on the vert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by mbnwa; 05-24-2018 at 06:51 PM.