Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-16-2016, 09:58 PM   #15
Casalino

Drives: 17' 1LE BLK
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa406079 View Post
Umm no offence but are comparing the feel of your CONVERTIBLE VANILLA SS (which is known to have a flex in the chassis) to a 2017 1SS 1LE....

No one here should be chiming in unless theyve driven both... and i mean 1LE vs porsche not vanilla SS vs porsche
Well convertible or not, it won't change the differences in steering feel, clutch feel and the rear engine vs front engine characteristics. But once my 1LE arrives (a few weeks) i will do a comparison. But hey, the porsche i have is a convertible as well or these folks like to call it cabriolet (jeeez )
Casalino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 08:52 PM   #16
evanescent03

Drives: '19 SS 1LE/'19 Rubicon/'20 AT4
I just came from a boxster 718S .. when I got it, I compared it to a 2014 CS and a 2016 Cayman GTS. I thought the 718S was the most fun out of all three to drive, so I got it. I just traded it in for a 17 SS 1LE and the 1LE is a more dramatic drive for sure, but it's a whole different world as far as feeling goes. the 718S was around 3000lbs and midengine, so that spoiled me instantly and I don't have that same satisfaction of control in the 1LE, but, duh. it's overall a more entertaining car to drive. the Porsches are far nicer, more precise feeling in with handling, but the 1LE is a beast. you'll see!
evanescent03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 08:30 AM   #17
formoutofchaos

Drives: Camaro 2017 1LE
I find Porsche very refined beautiful and a piece of ART, but thats just it its almost to refined. I love the visceral experience of a muscle car , american exhaust just nothing like it. I just bought the 1le waiting on delivery, I just would only want american If I had a second car would probably be a vette or shelby
formoutofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 11:06 PM   #18
Sleeks

Drives: None
I'm coming out of a 991 911 C2 PDK. Just waiting for my 1LE to get delivered.

Hyper Blue 1SS / 1LE
Sleeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 11:12 PM   #19
HyperBlue

Drives: 2011 MB E350 wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casalino View Post
the porsche i have is a convertible as well or these folks like to call it cabriolet (jeeez )
Why the face palm? Porsche calls it a cabriolet.
Old 01-02-2017, 07:29 PM   #20
Casalino

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperBlue View Post
Why the face palm? Porsche calls it a cabriolet.
Well let me give you an experiment. Drive a porsche with the top down and when someone says, "hey nice porsche convertible." Reply, "its called a cabriolet." I want you to get everyone's reactions lol

In the states if you say cabriolet to the normal folk, its not going to rub off in any good way lol. Its like saying coup-e. Yea its called cabriolet, but technically its a convertible no?

So i call it a convertible
Old 01-02-2017, 07:36 PM   #21
HyperBlue

Quote:
Well let me give you an experiment. Drive a porsche with the top down and when someone says, "hey nice porsche convertible." Reply, "its called a cabriolet." I want you to get everyone's reactions lol

In the states if you say cabriolet to the normal folk, its not going to rub off in any good way lol. Its like saying coup-e. Yea its called cabriolet, but technically its a convertible no?

So i call it a convertible
Yes, you are right. It's a convertible. In LA, we call them "cabs" short for Cabriolet, so maybe it's a regional thing.

More importantly, I hope you say "Porsha" and not "Porsh"
Old 01-02-2017, 10:04 PM   #22
Casalino

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperBlue View Post
Yes, you are right. It's a convertible. In LA, we call them "cabs" short for Cabriolet, so maybe it's a regional thing.

More importantly, I hope you say "Porsha" and not "Porsh"
I have a new york accent we all say porsh
Old 01-03-2017, 08:23 AM   #23
DFW1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE Mosiac Black
Quote:
I have a new york accent we all say porsh
Hey, I have a heavy NY accent, and even I say porsch-a. You can do it too, but I know how stubborn NYers can be
DFW1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 02:34 PM   #24
HyperBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW1LE View Post
Hey, I have a heavy NY accent, and even I say porsch-a. You can do it too, but I know how stubborn NYers can be
Exactly!
Old 01-04-2017, 04:49 AM   #25
juzefzoozoo

Drives: 2012 997.2 911 GTS, 6mt
Here's my opinions: I've driven the Camaro SS manual, many 996, 997.1, 997.2, and 991 911s.. I've driven the S, non S, and GTS versions of these 911s. I've also driven the 986&718 boxter and cayman S. Every 911S, and some base 911, listed above is more fun to drive than the Camaro SS. Put that one to bed and fogettaboutit. The funest of the bunch, I'd argue is the 997.2 911S. More so than the GTS since while a wider rear track improves under steer, it diminishes that classic inverted pendulum on rails feel that you get more so with the 911S. The boxters and cayman are just too balanced, too uninvolving which makes them not as fun as the 911 and due to their lack of power, arguably less fun than an SS. For me, the 991 and 718 generation lost a bit of driver involvement and connection compared to 997 and 986. While PORSCHE 6/7 speed manuals are lovely.. one can go beast mode using PDK on a level nearly impossible with a manual.

The SS represents remarkable value though. Other than looks, given its non usable rear seats, why not get the c7? For me, I just don't like the way the corvette looks. Not a fan of long hoods, also the rear's abrupt angle changes are hideous imo. Can't wait for the mid engined c8 though.

Last edited by juzefzoozoo; 01-04-2017 at 05:17 AM.
juzefzoozoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 06:44 PM   #26
Casalino

i'm a fan of the c5 and c6 vettes. I would have grabbed a really nice condition c6 or zo6 c5. I agree the c7 is ugly. The wheel gap is atrocious, front end looks like a frog or fish, back is too sharp yes. I think the best looking is the c6, but i admire the longer c5, i think they're both timeless with a nice set of wheels with an agreesive lower stance. This is besides the older ones which are obviously more beautiful and designed. But i want a new car without a scratch and fresh paint (i'm absolutely nuts about scratches). But the porsche made me want a car with great handling as well with a budget around 50-55k. But my other requirements were rear wheel drive, awd in rare cases, v8 with 6 cylinders in rare cases like an m3 or porsche, 350hp or more.

I was very interested in a focus rs until i found out about the 10k dealer markup, i would rather have a 1le camaro for that price, and that's what i did lol. I love rally racing especially the group b rally. Coming from a hatchback I was interesting in having the king of all current hatchbacks. If it was up to me i would get a used Lancia Delta Integrale for 30-40k or so. I would rock the hell out of it lol. But back to the rs, i liked the exhaust popping like rally cars. I figured with 1 or 2 thousand i would get it over 400hp and make it a muscle car killer, at least off the line and hold my lead lol.

But my last car was modified and didn't pass inspections and voided warranty so i had to pay a few thousand for new brakes and a service. I didn't want to go through modifying the car, so i went with the 1le to keep me from those demons. I still think i will do some headers and just make it a monster. I mean what's a track car without the loudest, ear breaking sounds. But i'll see how it sounds in person. when it's warranty is over, i will build the engine. My end results i'm looking for is 500hp to the wheels naturally aspirated. Definitely needs a cam and exhaust to give it the nastiest idle. I can only imagine

Last edited by Casalino; 01-04-2017 at 06:58 PM.
Old 01-05-2017, 10:01 PM   #27
evanescent03

Drives: '19 SS 1LE/'19 Rubicon/'20 AT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by juzefzoozoo View Post
The boxters and cayman are just too balanced, too uninvolving which makes them not as fun as the 911 and due to their lack of power, arguably less fun than an SS. For me, the 991 and 718 generation lost a bit of driver involvement.
the 718S I had was the most balanced thing I've ever driven and the grip was awesome. The torque and speed are impressive with the new 4cyl Turbo but the power delivery is less exciting. Going around turns was more impressive in the 718S. I think most Porsches I've driven have been a more refined drive with a much more PRECISE feel, but I think the precision reduces the DRAMA, which is what the Camaro (esp 1LE) does well. The Porsches are better cars if you want to just relax and cruise in it at times, but you lose the drama/excitement. When I want to cruise comfortably I grab the keys to the S3.

I do think I want to pick up a 991.2 C2 or C2S with a manual in a couple years. They're beautiful, nice to drive and are so freaking fast! Still feel like I need to get a GT3 at some point... that's my idea car: a Porsche with drama. Ideal, but comes with a pretty hefty price tag equivalent to a super sedan AND a fast track car....first world problems, lucky to have em.
evanescent03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 10:31 AM   #28
juzefzoozoo

Drives: 2012 997.2 911 GTS, 6mt
I'm looking to buy American next time. The 1LE was on the top of my list, but it took too long to arrive, and by the time it did..i grew weary of design flaws (such as visibility) which I could not overcome. Hopefully the C8 will remedy that.

A GT3, with its fixed rear wing.. is just too over the top for a daily driver or even for occasional driving anywhere on residential or city roads (imo). It just sits too low, front splitter/bumper are bound to get damaged which will run up to $10K. That's why you almost Never see one. (I did see many in Monte-Carlo though.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanescent03 View Post
the 718S I had was the most balanced thing I've ever driven and the grip was awesome. The torque and speed are impressive with the new 4cyl Turbo but the power delivery is less exciting. Going around turns was more impressive in the 718S. I think most Porsches I've driven have been a more refined drive with a much more PRECISE feel, but I think the precision reduces the DRAMA, which is what the Camaro (esp 1LE) does well. The Porsches are better cars if you want to just relax and cruise in it at times, but you lose the drama/excitement. When I want to cruise comfortably I grab the keys to the S3.

I do think I want to pick up a 991.2 C2 or C2S with a manual in a couple years. They're beautiful, nice to drive and are so freaking fast! Still feel like I need to get a GT3 at some point... that's my idea car: a Porsche with drama. Ideal, but comes with a pretty hefty price tag equivalent to a super sedan AND a fast track car....first world problems, lucky to have em.

Last edited by juzefzoozoo; 01-06-2017 at 10:41 AM.
juzefzoozoo is offline   Reply With Quote