Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 02-18-2021, 03:56 PM   #15
Bigdumogre

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Wish the 5th gens had t tops. Saw a episode of west side customs where they did it to a 2010 and looked awesome.
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - CSP Custom Cam 232/240 .615/.615 113 +3, Texas speed CNC heads, FTI billet triple disc converter, K&N cai, Katech ported TB, GPI Ported/rod modded manifold, Texas speed 1 7/8 headers, HFC, Flowmaster 2 chambers with x pipe, Mishimoto CC, MSD wires, Roto fab washer relocation, tru cool 40k trans cooler, apex scoop, Pedders extreme coil overs and much more!!
Bigdumogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 07:07 PM   #16
Sparko

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdumogre View Post
Wish the 5th gens had t tops. Saw a episode of west side customs where they did it to a 2010 and looked awesome.
I would love to have a t-top. A friend of mine had an '84 with t-tops, loved driving around in that car.
'87 HD FXRT - Wrecked pending repair
Sparko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 08:03 PM   #17
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdumogre View Post
A few custom companies made a some 5Th gens into quasi Firebirds/Trans Ams with T-tops

Name:  3EFC7211-6DB3-4324-B092-E5F2B8F22398.jpeg
Views: 546
Size:  103.0 KB
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 04:55 AM   #18
Bigdumogre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
I would love to have a t-top. A friend of mine had an '84 with t-tops, loved driving around in that car.
I had a 78 firebird with t tops. Was my favorite car ever.
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - CSP Custom Cam 232/240 .615/.615 113 +3, Texas speed CNC heads, FTI billet triple disc converter, K&N cai, Katech ported TB, GPI Ported/rod modded manifold, Texas speed 1 7/8 headers, HFC, Flowmaster 2 chambers with x pipe, Mishimoto CC, MSD wires, Roto fab washer relocation, tru cool 40k trans cooler, apex scoop, Pedders extreme coil overs and much more!!
Old 02-19-2021, 06:44 AM   #19
Bigdumogre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
A few custom companies made a some 5Th gens into quasi Firebirds/Trans Ams with T-tops

Attachment 1059213
If I had the money I would do this in a heartbeat. That looks so badass
Old 02-19-2021, 08:11 AM   #20
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
That is the best mixed camaro and Pontiac Trans AM I have ever seen. Does anyone know where I could buy 1 of them?

I think I better put a towel around my chest like a giant BIB cause Iaaaam druling.
Old 02-19-2021, 08:16 AM   #21
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLU DUCE View Post
That is the best mixed camaro and Pontiac Trans AM I have ever seen. Does anyone know where I could buy 1 of them?

I think I better put a towel around my chest like a giant BIB cause Iaaaam druling.
I would like to put that front clip on my 5th Gen w/that grill.
Old 02-19-2021, 08:18 AM   #22
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
I would love to have a 69 Camaro, hell maybe even a 69 or 70 Mustang done like in the links above. But right now I can only have 1 and I went with new ZL1 with no regrets because of the major improvements compared to old muscle and costs. Still keep looking at old muscle cause it’s so awesome.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 09:01 AM   #23
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
At those quoted prices, just begs the question of why not buy new? I get it about the styling, but one can certainly buy a mid or late sixties mustang without cracking 100k. If this company can develop a niche market where people show interest in these cars, then that will be good for them.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 10:35 AM   #24
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
At those quoted prices, just begs the question of why not buy new? I get it about the styling, but one can certainly buy a mid or late sixties mustang without cracking 100k. If this company can develop a niche market where people show interest in these cars, then that will be good for them.
Well, it's very possible the end of the line is coming soon for the Camaro with all the electric garbage and crying tree huggers trying to kill the V8.

The thing about going retro is that you can build what you want. Resurrect an old car, and you're only required to adhere to the safety/emission regs that car had when IT was new. Which are essentially zilch.

That opens up any combination of setup, performance, features, and technology you want or don't want. Whatever your bank account says you can do, you can do it. You're not beholden to what the federal government regulates for fuel economy with the variable displacement or skip shift like we have, you can run a good old fashioned carburetor with little or no computer fuel management if you want, or if you want to run the latest direct injection system you can do that as well, and while it's fully computer controlled, you'd be free to set it up exactly how you want it and be free of General Motors' limitations in the software of what they'll let you do as far as tuning.

So you won't have airbags or memory driver's seat..... actually, I bet you can
install a memory seat if you want. Definitely power heated/cooled seats are available. You can certainly equip it exactly like a fully loaded modern 2SS trim level if you want. The custom market is limitless today.

The more I think about it, the more I really like the idea of doing a resto mod. You can really make it an every-day driver if you want as well, with all the modern comforts as well as your choice of performance. Your only limitation would be the fact that you'd be stuck with the limitations of the style of old cars, and no "new" style. But that's not a bad thing either.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 08:16 PM   #25
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
Well, it's very possible the end of the line is coming soon for the Camaro with all the electric garbage and crying tree huggers trying to kill the V8.

The thing about going retro is that you can build what you want. Resurrect an old car, and you're only required to adhere to the safety/emission regs that car had when IT was new. Which are essentially zilch.

That opens up any combination of setup, performance, features, and technology you want or don't want. Whatever your bank account says you can do, you can do it. You're not beholden to what the federal government regulates for fuel economy with the variable displacement or skip shift like we have, you can run a good old fashioned carburetor with little or no computer fuel management if you want, or if you want to run the latest direct injection system you can do that as well, and while it's fully computer controlled, you'd be free to set it up exactly how you want it and be free of General Motors' limitations in the software of what they'll let you do as far as tuning.

So you won't have airbags or memory driver's seat..... actually, I bet you can
install a memory seat if you want. Definitely power heated/cooled seats are available. You can certainly equip it exactly like a fully loaded modern 2SS trim level if you want. The custom market is limitless today.

The more I think about it, the more I really like the idea of doing a resto mod. You can really make it an every-day driver if you want as well, with all the modern comforts as well as your choice of performance. Your only limitation would be the fact that you'd be stuck with the limitations of the style of old cars, and no "new" style. But that's not a bad thing either.
Well with the end of cars as we know it, it is an enticing idea to build new some of the cars that I missed out on that I wished that I could have owned. The price is the only factor which prevents me from doing this. I understand the economies of scale of which it is a major cost factor in assembling the special car(s), but unfortunately this excludes most car enthusiasts except the well to do. My best alternative is to meticulously maintain and safeguard my current cars, so that I can enjoy them in the future.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote