Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Z/28 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-03-2019, 03:11 PM   #43
1295/SS

Drives: 87 GNX 87 Turbo T '13 CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
Yeah i think the cut outs tell you that but it is a 1le factory built car . Do you have any idea what the car is worth , would you say more or less then 5th gen Z28 ?
Did they perform the same around tracks in competition? Don't forget why they came up with the 1Le package for in the first place . Its always been handling not 0 to 50 performance .
Sigh. Once again, do you realize that's a players car with a racing history? Did you do the research I suggested when the 3rd gen 1LE buyers tried to corner the market only to find out that they performed just like the G92 cars? I'm guessing you're to young to have actually lived it and now you're trying to justify your purchase. You have a lot to learn on the topic but the info is out there.
1295/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 03:14 PM   #44
1295/SS

Quote:
Yeah i think the cut outs tell you that but it is a 1le factory built car . Do you have any idea what the car is worth , would you say more or less then 5th gen Z28 ?
Did they perform the same around tracks in competition? Don't forget why they came up with the 1Le package for in the first place . Its always been handling not 0 to 50 performance .
Go over to the 3rd gen site where they talk about the differences in equipment between 1LE and regular G92 cars. You'll be a little disappointed. But it's a good learning experience.
Old 03-03-2019, 03:16 PM   #45
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1295/SS View Post
Go over to the 3rd gen site where they talk about the differences in equipment between 1LE and regular G92 cars. You'll be a little disappointed. But it's a good learning experience.
No need to listen to broken hearts crying, the facts points in other direction .
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 03:23 PM   #46
1295/SS

Quote:
No need to listen to broken hearts crying, the facts points in other direction .
You're embarrassing yourself now. I tried to help you and show you where to find legitimate info. Good luck.
Old 03-03-2019, 03:33 PM   #47
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
You're embarrassing yourself now. I tried to help you and show you where to find legitimate info. Good luck.
Feel free to open up this subject in the 1Le forum on either 5th gen or 6th gen .
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 10:12 AM   #48
Mister Will

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I would say maybe. I don't really see any of today's cars being like the cars from the 60s. Part of what makes some of the classics such high dollar cars is the a la carte options. Back in the 60s you might have had a car that was like 1 of 6 built with this combo of options in this color. You don't get stuff like that anymore.

I wonder if people think that these cars will be collectable like the muscle cars of the 60s? Remember that was the end of an era, and the public couldn't obtain muscle cars like those anymore. This is what contributed to their exclusivity and collectability.

However, for the last 20 - 30 years these pony cars have been getting better with each new generation and model. Collectability is based on demand. Who wants an old car that can't keep up with a new one? Think about it. The Muscle car era ended at around 1973. Modern cars didn't see equal performance until around 1997 (give or take a few). Ask yourself who is collecting Camaros or Corvettes built between 1973 and 1997? While there are exceptions, I hope you see my point.
Mister Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 04:11 PM   #49
detltu

Drives: 1992 Z28 1LE; 2015 Zl1
Quote:
Sigh. Once again, do you realize that's a players car with a racing history? Did you do the research I suggested when the 3rd gen 1LE buyers tried to corner the market only to find out that they performed just like the G92 cars? I'm guessing you're to young to have actually lived it and now you're trying to justify your purchase. You have a lot to learn on the topic but the info is out there.

The guys cornering the market thing is a historical footnote and non issue. It's a funny story that inflates their own importance. You are correct that the G92 got almost all of the same equipment as a 1LE in the last few years particularly. Acceleration was identical as there were no engine differences (G92 cars already had the better exhaust and rear end gears). Handling and braking was not noticeably different in magazine testing and I don't think anyone did any track testing to speak of to compare the two. All that being said, the 1LE commands a premium even among people who know all of that much to the chagrin of the 1LE haters out there. The third gen site has a hundred thread topics where this gets hashed out every few weeks. It's a constant source of bickering. The 1LE is truly not as special as most people think it is, and yet I still believe it is the 3rd gen (Camaro) to have. That's why I own two.

The 5th gen Z/28 was and is a special car. The 5th gen SS 1LE was and is a special car. The 5th gen SS 1LE is not nearly the car the 5th gen Z/28 is and I think eventually the market value will show that.

I think the real problem with the 5th gens in general is how much better the 6th gen is. The 6th gen SS 1LE is far better than the 5th gen SS 1LE and the 6th gen ZL1 1LE is far better than the 5th gen Z/28. Besides a personal preference for the 5th gen there is little reason to prefer the 5th gen to it's 6th gen counterpart at the same price point so the 5th gen will be limited by 6th gen values. The Z/28 gets a bonus for rarity, but I don't think that can overcome the performance of the ZL1 1LE.
1991 Camaro Z28 1LE-
1992 Camaro Z28 1LE- 25th anniversary
2015 Camaro ZL1
detltu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 11:28 AM   #50
LateBrakeU2

Drives: 15 RH Z/28, 23 RB2SS1LE, 23LT1VOM
Gen 5 Z is already collectable, just remains to be seen if valuations will rise. Think too much emphasis is being placed on out right performance. Plenty of faster cars out there now and were when it came out. It's a unicorn for several reason's. If there's no gen 7 Z, let alone a Camaro, there will never be another NA 427.
LateBrakeU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 10:49 AM   #51
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Will View Post

I wonder if people think that these cars will be collectable like the muscle cars of the 60s? Remember that was the end of an era, and the public couldn't obtain muscle cars like those anymore. This is what contributed to their exclusivity and collectability.

However, for the last 20 - 30 years these pony cars have been getting better with each new generation and model. Collectability is based on demand. Who wants an old car that can't keep up with a new one? Think about it. The Muscle car era ended at around 1973. Modern cars didn't see equal performance until around 1997 (give or take a few). Ask yourself who is collecting Camaros or Corvettes built between 1973 and 1997? While there are exceptions, I hope you see my point.
True. I probably won't word this the best way but I will try.

The recent boom in collectible cars was really due to barret jackson and the baby boomers throwing money at the classic cars. I don't know if people in their 30s now will have that same desire in 20-30 years like the baby boomers did. Like you said it was the end of an era but it was more than just the performance. Cars were literally part of the baby boomer youth and culture. Going to the drive in, car hops, packing people in just cruising around. There was songs about cars, songs about racing songs, about just cruising movies about cars where people literally did all of those things, it was literally a huge part of their lives. Unfortunately I don't see people near my age having that same connection to cars like people my old mans age. That is one of the main reasons I don't see modern cars going to be collectible.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 10:24 PM   #52
autoguy

Drives: 10 SS,11 SS Pace, 13 ZL1 IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateBrakeU2 View Post
Gen 5 Z is already collectable, just remains to be seen if valuations will rise. Think too much emphasis is being placed on out right performance. Plenty of faster cars out there now and were when it came out. It's a unicorn for several reason's. If there's no gen 7 Z, let alone a Camaro, there will never be another NA 427.
You guys that posted here a couple years ago need to relook at the current values of the 5th Gen Z/28. They went down to a certain point, and then made a U turn back up. Grab one now, I don't think they are going back down. The lowest mile examples and the rare color non A/C cars are bringing the best money. I was lucky to have found a 2,600 mile 2015 Black with A/C (Which is the most common build) back in September. I grabbed it before the seller realized what the actual market was. It was a private deal, and I had it shipped from Colorado to PA. Even paying $1,800 for enclosed shipping, I am well under the current value.
autoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 11:40 AM   #53
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
I luv the car, looked at them before I bought my ZL1. I actually rack up miles on a car so the base ZL1 even at the higher cost was worth it to me. That said I find myself still checking out the prices and have seen the price increase. May have one in the garage someday, problem is the low mileage ones will generate the $’s and I gotta drive em.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 02:51 PM   #54
LateBrakeU2

Drives: 15 RH Z/28, 23 RB2SS1LE, 23LT1VOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by autoguy View Post
You guys that posted here a couple years ago need to relook at the current values of the 5th Gen Z/28. They went down to a certain point, and then made a U turn back up. Grab one now, I don't think they are going back down. The lowest mile examples and the rare color non A/C cars are bringing the best money. I was lucky to have found a 2,600 mile 2015 Black with A/C (Which is the most common build) back in September. I grabbed it before the seller realized what the actual market was. It was a private deal, and I had it shipped from Colorado to PA. Even paying $1,800 for enclosed shipping, I am well under the current value.
My thoughts have not changed in the slightest since they were announced. Will double triple down and say cream puff examples of these will be six figures sooner than later. I have a pretty special one going on BAT later this month, think it will do pretty well. Liquidity is the name of the game currentely, Mecum just had a record sell through at Kissimmee last month, C7 three pedal's are 5-10k more than they were last year. It's all changing with the push to watt cars, the one's we are enjoying now won't be built much longer. JMHO
LateBrakeU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 03:05 PM   #55
MR's 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS Vert/M6/F250 SD
I think anything thats special now will be cool in the future. a 427 always was and always will be special.
Yea. Interesting the sticks are bringing more... Because they have been nearly replaced. Exclusivity.
Often whats least popular in the near term is most sought after in the future because few were built.
Short bed single cab pick up trucks from the 50's through mid 70's always draw. Most trucks were single cabs with 8 foot beds. Or the crew cabs from the 60's and 70's.. they were military or heavy work trucks. Rare and ugly ducklings when new. Used no one wanted them. Now a nice crew cab 4x4 1 ton from the early 70's is a prize.
Whatever everyone wants now... A-10s or anything commonly desired today will have less value as a collectible.
Doesnt mean they wont still be fun.
As long as we can get gas. Nobodys going to be interested in 3600 lb art or powerful paperweights.
Old 04-07-2021, 09:04 AM   #56
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
I'd love to have a gen 5 Z28, but the trouble from am investment standpoint is I like to drive my cars, which over the course of a decade or more adds up to a lot of miles, which really impacts the value. Invest your money, drive your cars! Invested properly, your returns will likely beat the appreciation on all but the rare few autos. Case in point, I bought a '69 Boss 429 in '79, obviously a high dollar car. I sold in 2005. Doing the math indicates that I made around 9% annually not accounting for maintenance, insurance, etc.
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote