Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-08-2021, 02:49 PM   #29
ThirdGenNut

Drives: 2020 LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Sorry guys, it's not "overblown".

It is a true and measurable issue. The only element improved over the Gen5 was over the hood and fender. I have to duck down to see stop lights.

This is a result of the "high belt/slammed roof" design theme brought to us by Carl Welburn. You would all laugh if you saw the BMW 3 Series they taped up to show the original ATS greenhouse. The ATS had similar, but nearly as severe problem.

So please everyone, take a step back from the internet and accept the fact that simply because you don't have a problem that other people must therefor be wrong.

It is a problem. Unlike how some here want it to be true, every magazine writer is not an idiot. Yes, again the internet, if you disagree with me then you must be an idiot.

You see I can grasp why some people don't have a problem with. LOL someone once said the poor visibility was ok because they compared their Camaro to a McLaren Super Car. Great if that's how you feel and love it that it isn't an issue for you. But it still doesn't mean it's not an issue.

By the way for reference, my Master's Thesis was on the development of driver packaging and vision tools and I managed the Ergonomics Department.
Imagine if camaro owners went to the x4 minivan forums or gramdpa's buick sedan forum and demanded we turn those piles of unfeeling garbage into camaros.

It would be measurable but pointless and would only make those appliances less practical.
ThirdGenNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 02:59 PM   #30
SirJangle

Drives: 2021 Acura RDX SH-AWD Advance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecks24 View Post
If... you... don't... like... it... you... don't... have... to... RESPOND!
I must've struck a nerve.

SirJangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 03:06 PM   #31
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdGenNut View Post
Imagine if camaro owners went to the x4 minivan forums or gramdpa's buick sedan forum and demanded we turn those piles of unfeeling garbage into camaros.

It would be measurable but pointless and would only make those appliances less practical.
oooooooh a clever dig at my LaCrosse, lol, nice try, I'm impervious. It's a great GM car.

The question was simply is it a problem with the Camaro. Simple answer, yes, for at least some if not many.

Anyone that bought one either excuses it or it's not an important factor. Very few people that believe it's an issue likely bought one to put up with it.

But you seem to have that tone that happens when we discuss this. No one is calling your baby ugly. Other than it being the internet, I'm puzzled why people not only argue this point but then get defensive.
Old 01-08-2021, 03:42 PM   #32
ThirdGenNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
oooooooh a clever dig at my LaCrosse, lol, nice try, I'm impervious. It's a grea
But you seem to have that tone that happens when we discuss this. No one is calling your baby ugly. Other than it being the internet, I'm puzzled why people not only argue this point but then get defensive.
No your not saying my baby is ugly. your saying the shades I put on my baby arent practical.

No they arent practical. they are what makes my baby coool.

Cool doesn't register with people that will waste their time reviewing/worshiping anything less than a v8.

Last edited by ThirdGenNut; 01-08-2021 at 05:22 PM.
Old 01-08-2021, 06:28 PM   #33
CHASLT1

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
People don’t think excuses be like they is, but they do.
I kept hearing for years you can't see out of our cars. When i did my test drive, i never did even think about it or notice it. But i came from a few years of owning a C6 and then a 7 so i don't notice any change really. Only thing i kinda notice is making right hand turns as i can't see down lower when turning right.
CHASLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 06:51 PM   #34
willzilla
D3RPZILLA

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 a10
I came from a 2017 Subaru WRX which has AMAZING visibility (it's like sitting in a fish bowl, even the piece between the side mirror and door has a small triangle window). Here's a photo when I first purchased the car for reference:

I only sat in a Camaro a few times over the past few years and just bought my Zl1 99% based on videos, reviews, forum posts, and jumping into the ZL1 from the Subaru I didn't notice much loss in visibility (I'm 6'2" which helps). The camera rearview mirror is awesome and helps a ton and the blindside mostly eliminates the need from looking behind and to the side of myself but I can see without these 2 features that there would def be some issues and they should really be standard on every model, IMO.

The only thing I really would like would be that 360 view thing, however that works lol, so I can see parking next to curbs and making sure I don't pull to far forward and hit my lip on something.. But I had these same issues with my Subaru as well, lol.
willzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 07:29 PM   #35
Zr8000

Drives: Chevy Camaro
A work van, pick up truck with a trailer, a semi truck, box van etc are way worse than a camaro. If you are that worried about it buy the convertible model and drive with the top down.
Zr8000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 08:09 PM   #36
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Just got my 2021 2ss 1le. Looking for a year and a half. Many autocross friends drive them. Read all the stories, pluses and minuses. First time I have driven one was when I picked it up at the dealer. I have ridden in two Zle’s is all. Both times on the track.
Got in mine, got a sense of the tighter interior and drive off. I felt visibility is very good other then the rear c pillar area obviously. Now, bare in mind I drove two fifth gens for ten years, so yes I knew what to expect, but thought the new car would be a bit worse.
It was not and front and side windows I felt the view was better. Rear window is more limited but I can see who’s back there so no big deal. And this car has lane change warning, rear cross traffic warning for backing out from beside a big ass suv. That and the rear camera tells you all you need to know. The side mirrors set right cover the blind spots, and better then that the rear mirror camera is a wide angle view from the rear bumper on back. Basically visibility unlimited, well almost. Sure the visibility down below the fenders is tough, but again no issues in ten years, you get a sense for where things are. Even at speed on a autocross course you sense where the cones will be, I hardly hit any. When I do, that’s a well, pushed the edge a bit to much..lol
VR Baron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 08:11 PM   #37
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
I don't get all the hate regarding the visibility in the Camaro. Granted I am new to the car, I don't get it. Every single video I watch, they talk about the bad visibility. The only thing I can see would be the high dash, but I like it. I feel like I'm sitting "in" the car. My dad has a mustang and I don't notice a real difference, at least not enough to complain about it. If I wanted a panoramic view I would have bought a minivan. I guess maybe I am the the right height? I a 5'10 and 180 pounds. I feel like the car fits me. Now my wife is shorter, but then its only the front dash and when going over a hill she kinda has to lean forward to see...lol. Just ranting....
Put the seat up higher for her.
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 08:29 PM   #38
B8TTYVILLEKID

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro 2 SS
I'm 6'5" and the only real "issue" is the ability to See over the hood when trying to pull head first into a parking spot and wondering where the tombstone is. But really the car looks better, and parks easier, backed into a spot anyway. The rear view camera solved every other problem for me, without that it probably feels like a bit of a crypt. CANT BEAT THE WAY IT FEELS AT SPEED NESTLED DOWN INTO THAT CABIN. Makes every other little nit complaint melt away !
B8TTYVILLEKID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 09:04 PM   #39
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdGenNut View Post
No your not saying my baby is ugly. your saying the shades I put on my baby arent practical.

No they arent practical. they are what makes my baby coool.

Cool doesn't register with people that will waste their time reviewing/worshiping anything less than a v8.
That’s a really ignorant statement about v8s, not to mention totally off topic, and for whatever reason you seem very defensive about this. He’s right.. visibility is definitely on the poor end of the spectrum with the 6th gen (this is measurable). It obviously is something that didn’t bother you much since it appears you bought one (as did I), but you’re in denial if you think some potential buyers wouldn’t be turned off by this.

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 09:40 PM   #40
ThirdGenNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtirocz View Post
That’s a really ignorant statement about v8s, not to mention totally off topic, and for whatever reason you seem very defensive about this. He’s right.. visibility is definitely on the poor end of the spectrum with the 6th gen (this is measurable). It obviously is something that didn’t bother you much since it appears you bought one (as did I), but you’re in denial if you think some potential buyers wouldn’t be turned off by this.
I understand you think i'm ignorant for judging people that drive appliances and want to ruin everything masculine.
I deal with women every day.
I am sure your life partner encourages all of your politically correct views.
But.
I remember raping every FWD 4 banger and 6 banger i owned to get a giggle.
Man they had great sight lines.
Now I know what its like to not give a shit about ricers, minivans, trucks, sedans.
I can look in my driveway and see a low, lean, mean, unapologetic, brash, outrageous, pile of metal that just begs me to exercise every pony on every drive and it genuinely gives me nirvana in return.
I have never considered wishing they could make this thing look just a little dorkey by raising the roof.
Old 01-08-2021, 09:42 PM   #41
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
I don't get all the hate regarding the visibility in the Camaro. Granted I am new to the car, I don't get it. Every single video I watch, they talk about the bad visibility. The only thing I can see would be the high dash, but I like it. I feel like I'm sitting "in" the car. My dad has a mustang and I don't notice a real difference, at least not enough to complain about it. If I wanted a panoramic view I would have bought a minivan. I guess maybe I am the the right height? I a 5'10 and 180 pounds. I feel like the car fits me. Now my wife is shorter, but then its only the front dash and when going over a hill she kinda has to lean forward to see...lol. Just ranting....
Its over rated.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 04:03 AM   #42
wwiiavfan

Drives: 2017 1SS Hyper Blue
I always kinda liked the “bunker” feel when you are in it.
Now I know why kids these days all run around with their hoodies up over their heads. 😀

Seriously though, I’ve rented numerous different types of vehicles in my work travels and I’ve yet to get into one that doesn’t take some getting used to.
If you are someone that wants to just jump into a car that you’ve never been in before and feel completely at home, well that just ain’t gonna happen here.
wwiiavfan is offline   Reply With Quote