Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 01-06-2021, 05:28 PM   #1
legendary70

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Question Infosystem issue...

Hello all.

I use the system through android auto.

OK. My infosystem (screen) usually mutes the music when i press on the microphone icon when i am going to make a call or listen to a text. Well for the last two weeks it dont mute the music anymore.

so i cant even hear the texts google is reading back to me. then i have to speak over the music to google.

any ideas?

i already spoke with chevy support and they supposedly talked me through resetting the system by leaving door open for 5 minutes. still not mutting.

2017 Camaro.

thx
Old 01-06-2021, 08:36 PM   #2
PnCRedJwl2SS
Howdy! Pete here...

Drives: 2017 50th Anniv 2SS, A8, NPP, MRC
Did you try resetting your phone? If so, try deleting and reinstalling Android Auto. Probably not an issue with the infotainment system.

PnCRedJwl2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 07:17 AM   #3
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Check for software updates on the Infotainment system and the phone (OS and apps). Unpair, get out of the car and lock it, reboot the phone, go back and re-pair it.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 10:04 AM   #4
Bob RS

Drives: 2019 Camaro RS 1LT
So I see i am not the only one having problems with there informative system when connected to Android auto. The problem i am having when I connect my note 10 plus using the USB cord is i get absolutely no media sound. I can make phone calls and voice to text but no music or anything downloaded unless I disconnect from the USB cord. I have try a new USB cord, uninstall Android auto, unpair phone from car, reset factory radio, had ATT check out my phone and even do a reset and nothing has helped. Now, my wife has a 2021 chevy trax with the same informative system and when my note 10 is connected with the usb cord everything works as it supposed to. The only think I can't get and the Chevrolet dealership also is that the informative system refuses to update. And ever since I unpair my phone I cannot get the system to accept it. 3rd trip back to dealership this Monday because system won't update, message reads- unable to update place vehicle into park if unable to perform update contact dealership.
Bob RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 10:20 PM   #5
legendary70

I agree. Still did not work. Gonna have to go to dealer myself.
Old 01-09-2021, 10:47 PM   #6
crosive

Drives: 18 zl1
mine is doing this as well. I'm blaming android auto, honestly. it seemed to start whenever I swapped phones and updated the app.

as much as I like AA, it is full of some pretty debilitating bugs.
crosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 03:12 PM   #7
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosive View Post
mine is doing this as well. I'm blaming android auto, honestly. it seemed to start whenever I swapped phones and updated the app.

as much as I like AA, it is full of some pretty debilitating bugs.
I agree that AA is horrendous at times. Whenever there are updates, you basically have to unpair the car from the phone and the phone from the car and start all over again. And you have to make sure that the head unit is fully updated as is the Android Auto app on the device itself.

What's worse is that Google doesn't release the AA updates at the same time for all devices yet the apps get updates to support the newer AA pieces right away. This causes a lot of problems because the apps conflict with what's installed for AA and you have no choice but to wait for the AA updates for your device (unless you want to sideload the APK from somewhere else ahead of the official release).
Old 01-10-2021, 03:31 PM   #8
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
The last time I had an MyLink brain freeze on a GM vehicle (my 2016 Trax), I contacted OnStar. The system was completely frozen.

I was sitting in the car talking to them directly on the cellphone. First we went through the door open routine to reset it, but when that didn't work, they did a remote reset and that fixed it.

As for the iPhone interface, it has never worked properly. I cannot access voice commands at all. The only way I can place a call is via the touchscreen, which means pulling over. And more than 50% of the time, the phone does not connect when I start the car. If I'm expecting a call, I have to remember to press the call button on the steering wheel to initiate the connection before I drive away, or else the damn phone will just be ringing in my pocket. This is an iPhone X, always kept updated, BTW.

In contrast, the comparatively primitive "upscale" system on my 2010 SS (LED screen, no touch) always connects to the iPhone a few seconds after I start the car and behaves as expected.

You could try calling OnStar again, and ask them to stay on the call until the problem is fixed.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 07:25 PM   #9
Bob RS

After nearly 4 weeks of not having my note 10 plus connected to Android auto with a USB cord because when connected there is no media sound and the car won't pair with my note 10 I found out the issue was the Bluetooth on my phone. I tried to force stop Bluetooth but my device wouldn't, so I tried to clear data and cache on Bluetooth and the device wouldn't. Took my phone to U/ Break It We FiX It cell phone dealers and they did a hard factory reset , it's like taking the phone back to new when coming out the box. So far so good everything is working as it should, the downside, you have to put back in all your passwords, better have a sim card for your pictures or you can forget them because I didn't and I loss every picture.
Old 01-10-2021, 08:01 PM   #10
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob RS View Post
After nearly 4 weeks of not having my note 10 plus connected to Android auto with a USB cord because when connected there is no media sound and the car won't pair with my note 10 I found out the issue was the Bluetooth on my phone. I tried to force stop Bluetooth but my device wouldn't, so I tried to clear data and cache on Bluetooth and the device wouldn't. Took my phone to U/ Break It We FiX It cell phone dealers and they did a hard factory reset , it's like taking the phone back to new when coming out the box. So far so good everything is working as it should, the downside, you have to put back in all your passwords, better have a sim card for your pictures or you can forget them because I didn't and I loss every picture.
Ouch, sorry for that. Going forward try a free back up service like google drive and/or back them up on you’re laptop.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 07:59 PM   #11
Bob RS

Well I take back everything I said about the hard factory reset on my note 10 plus because after hooking up just two times using the USB cord for Android Auto im right back to no media sound. My infotainment system still won't pair or connect to my phone. Camaro went back to the dealership and after 30 days of trying to do a manual download the infotainment system still is unable to update!! After a day at the dealership the service Department called me and told me that the infotainment system needed a new module. So I am now waiting for a new module which was supposed to here today but didn't arrive. Was told tomorrow it should be there.
Old 01-15-2021, 07:32 AM   #12
chaospiece

Drives: 2018 SS, 2016 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob RS View Post
Well I take back everything I said about the hard factory reset on my note 10 plus because after hooking up just two times using the USB cord for Android Auto im right back to no media sound. My infotainment system still won't pair or connect to my phone. Camaro went back to the dealership and after 30 days of trying to do a manual download the infotainment system still is unable to update!! After a day at the dealership the service Department called me and told me that the infotainment system needed a new module. So I am now waiting for a new module which was supposed to here today but didn't arrive. Was told tomorrow it should be there.
There's a thread somewhere on XDA developers forum about the n10+ loosing features of you updated it to the newest firmware so it might be that before the dealer rips out your dash.

Try a different phone and see what happens?
chaospiece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 09:10 AM   #13
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaospiece View Post
There's a thread somewhere on XDA developers forum about the n10+ loosing features of you updated it to the newest firmware so it might be that before the dealer rips out your dash.

Try a different phone and see what happens?
The best test would be to connect his phone to a different Camaro with the same hardware, running the same software and he has already tried his phone in different vehicles (works) and other phones in his vehicles (works). The only test that I haven't seen detailed is what I mentioned above...
Old 01-15-2021, 10:57 AM   #14
legendary70

These problems are total BS. This companies really dont give two shits about us after we purchase their products. I am going to reset my phone today and retry....i am also going to try my wives iphone and see what happens. Ill get back to yall tomorrow.

yall using your stock charging wire or after market one. I am using an after market one. I am going to try my note 10 plus stock charging wire....not sure if that will make a difference since its been working fine....up until two to three weeks ago. thx