Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs


Phastek Performance


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2020, 08:32 PM   #1
zl1_fan
 
zl1_fan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1 (A10, crush)
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Virginia
Posts: 108
Paint correction, PPF, ceramic coating - wow!

Just got my 2020 zl1 back from the detail shop. Paint correction, front end PPF and Quartz ceramic coating. Here are a few pics.
Extremely happy with the results, an amazing transformation from when I dropped it off.
Attached Images
   
__________________
2020 Camaro ZL1 Crush A10
2003 Corvette Z06 (sold for ZL1)
zl1_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 08:47 PM   #2
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON
 
Scottyz's Avatar
 
Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Stoney Creek
Posts: 1,662
Yep I did the same but ppf the entire car cause it’s black. Beautiful car you have there.
Scottyz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 09:35 PM   #3
EvilZL
 
EvilZL's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Michigan
Posts: 185
Looks great!! Nice ride!

I had mine done: paint correction, System X Diamond Ceramic coated everything, wheels, calipers, Interior done with System X Interior Ceramic
EvilZL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 09:42 PM   #4
20Bluezl1
 
Drives: 2020 Zl1 A10 Riverside Blue
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: NJ
Posts: 576
Looks sharp How much did everything run you? What shop did the work?
20Bluezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 11:07 PM   #5
zl1_fan
 
zl1_fan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1 (A10, crush)
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Virginia
Posts: 108
Thanks guys.

Xtreme Auto Details in Sterling Virginia performed the work. Highly recommended.

Paint correction, front end PPF, ceramic coating all cost about $3050. Prices, like everywhere else, are escalated but I've used them in the past so I received some discounts.
__________________
2020 Camaro ZL1 Crush A10
2003 Corvette Z06 (sold for ZL1)
zl1_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 11:22 PM   #6
zl1_fan
 
zl1_fan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1 (A10, crush)
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Virginia
Posts: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZL View Post
Looks great!! Nice ride!

I had mine done: paint correction, System X Diamond Ceramic coated everything, wheels, calipers, Interior done with System X Interior Ceramic
Roughly two weeks from now, when I get it dirty enough, I will go back for a free wash and inspection. They will show me how to properly wash the car and maintain the finish.

Is the ceramic finish hard to maintain? Is it possible to keep this "fresh out of the shop" look?
__________________
2020 Camaro ZL1 Crush A10
2003 Corvette Z06 (sold for ZL1)
zl1_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 11:34 PM   #7
EvilZL
 
EvilZL's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Michigan
Posts: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by zl1_fan View Post
Roughly two weeks from now, when I get it dirty enough, I will go back for a free wash and inspection. They will show me how to properly wash the car and maintain the finish.

Is the ceramic finish hard to maintain? Is it possible to keep this "fresh out of the shop" look?
No it is not hard to maintain. I have a 2011 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 Crew Cab which is also black, and that is my daily and I drive it all year round here in Michigan. I had that ceramic coated along with the wheels and still looks great.

My 2018 ZL1 is not my daily and is garage kept so that is not hard to maintain.
I have some System X Renew Ceramic Spray for the ZL1. I use that along with some good microfiber towels and good to go.
My truck, I just rinse and then wipe down with Ceramic Shield.

Here is my thread with pic's and a walk around vid
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=584459

My shop that I use also tinted all my windows, side marker lights, tail lights, third brake light and reflectors on the rear valance
EvilZL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 07:52 AM   #8
Snowwolfe
 
Drives: 2020 ZL1 A10
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: East TN
Posts: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by zl1_fan View Post
Thanks guys.

Xtreme Auto Details in Sterling Virginia performed the work. Highly recommended.

Paint correction, front end PPF, ceramic coating all cost about $3050. Prices, like everywhere else, are escalated but I've used them in the past so I received some discounts.
Looks great! And the price for everything wasnt to bad either. The areas in front and behind the rear wheels are paint chip magnets. Ask the shop if they can cover them.
__________________
2020 ZL1 A10 blue, NAV, PDR
2019 Ford Super Duty
2018 Suzuki V Strom 1000
2017 Ford Expedition
Snowwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 08:18 AM   #9
Trak-Toy
 
Trak-Toy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Virginia
Posts: 154
Wow! That looks fantastic! That paint color just ‘pops’! My top three colors in the ZL1 are Garnet Red, Hyper Blue Metallic and Orange Crush. I have not seen Wild Cherry in person yet so I will reserve my opinion on that color, but expect it will also be amazing to see.

You got a good deal on the PPF, paint correction & ceramic coating. You, like me, are unfortunately paying the Northern Virginia ‘price adjustment’.. everything up here seems to cost more. I had my ZLE done at Patriot Auto Detailing in Springfield VA and paid a similar price. Worth every penny IMO though. So easy to clean and maintain that amazing liquid, glossy wet, look to the paint.
Trak-Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 08:31 AM   #10
zl1_fan
 
zl1_fan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1 (A10, crush)
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Virginia
Posts: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
Looks great! And the price for everything wasnt to bad either. The areas in front and behind the rear wheels are paint chip magnets. Ask the shop if they can cover them.
Yeah, I have the ACS mud guards in the front and rear (they're awesome, see pics). However that does not help the area in front of the rear wheels. Might be too late to apply xpel to that area behind the door/in front of the rear tire since ceramic has already been applied? If not, I might just try to apply the xpel myself, would love to learn the technique.
__________________
2020 Camaro ZL1 Crush A10
2003 Corvette Z06 (sold for ZL1)
zl1_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 08:46 AM   #11
Maro_89
 
Drives: Hellcat
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: FL
Posts: 62
Very nice, is the price $3,050 for what you paid? I thought ceramic coating, paint correction, etc. would usually range from a few hundred to upwards of 1500 depending on what options you choose?
Maro_89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 08:51 AM   #12
zl1_fan
 
zl1_fan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1 (A10, crush)
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Virginia
Posts: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trak-Toy View Post
Wow! That looks fantastic! That paint color just ‘pops’! My top three colors in the ZL1 are Garnet Red, Hyper Blue Metallic and Orange Crush. I have not seen Wild Cherry in person yet so I will reserve my opinion on that color, but expect it will also be amazing to see.

You got a good deal on the PPF, paint correction & ceramic coating. You, like me, are unfortunately paying the Northern Virginia ‘price adjustment’.. everything up here seems to cost more. I had my ZLE done at Patriot Auto Detailing in Springfield VA and paid a similar price. Worth every penny IMO though. So easy to clean and maintain that amazing liquid, glossy wet, look to the paint.
Thanks! I personally wanted a color that would stand out a bit more than the "usual". Although there really isn't a color I don't like, they're all great on this vehicle!

Yeah, northern VA is expensive! I priced it out a year ago, too bad I didn't do it then, I would have saved about $300.

I don't see too many ZL1's around town, know of any events/clubs in the area? Would love to get together with some other ZL1 owners and check out their rides. Check out Virginia Camaro Club on facebook.
__________________
2020 Camaro ZL1 Crush A10
2003 Corvette Z06 (sold for ZL1)
zl1_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 09:12 AM   #13
Snakebt6
 
Drives: Rally Green 2020 ZL1 1LE A10
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Jacksonville Florida
Posts: 398
Wow! Looks great!
Snakebt6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 09:15 AM   #14
hawk02
Coupe Newbie
 
hawk02's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 Mosaic Black Metallic ZL1
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 2,676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyz View Post
Yep I did the same but ppf the entire car cause it’s black. Beautiful car you have there.
My car is black as well and I wish I would have ppf'd the entire car.

I've got about 2/3 of it ppf'd. This includes the entire front-end, mirrors, lower quarter of the doors, front-rear quarter panel (just past the door), and the entire rear bumper.

I added the rear bumper ppf after my first summer with the car. I beat the heck out of the paint on the rear end wiping off road debris at car shows.

I highly recommend getting the rear bumper covered if you have a dark paint color.
__________________
hawk02 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.