Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-01-2021, 03:43 PM   #1
pavetim

Drives: firebird
Should I trust these numbers?

I was having problems getting my PLX WB to show up on my efilive so I pulled out my old innovate LC-1 and it worked like a champ. But I noticed my AFR hovered around 14.7 but my lambda was around 1. No I am running E10 so AFR should be about 14.1. i am wondering if i can trust the lambda because the afr is off.
pavetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 07:12 PM   #2
Kerry

Drives: 2019 2SS Camaro
14.7 is 1 lamda the fuel is irelavant 14.7* any lamda will give afr exampel 14.7afr *.80 lamda is 11.76. It reads the oxygen left over after the burn no matter the fuel. So take your methanol for exampel. stoic will be 6.4, stoic for gasoline is 14.7 both read lamda of 1 or 14.7.

I will probly get flamed but if someone knows why this is not true please explaine it to me. Everyone makes a big deal about going to lamda. I really dont know why. Lamda 1 = stoic or 14.7 for the fuel being used although their will vastly different amount of fuel going through the engine. The gaduge still reads the same. It is easier to understand if your doing pe tables in gm because you are trying to add to what is set in stoic in %

In running my boosted 4 cylinder motor, I ran pump 93 pump e85 and pure m3 methanol. The gaduge works for all 3 and still reads the same numbers. This motor liked 12.4 best or .843 lamda. With e85 this motor liked 12.0 or .816 lamda. Methanol also liked 12.0 although their was alot more fuel being used with the e85 and even more with the methanol although the gauge still reads the same.

So its just a number on a guage and means the exact same thing lamda or afr

Last edited by Kerry; 01-05-2021 at 09:02 PM.
Kerry is offline   Reply With Quote