Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-14-2020, 12:34 PM   #15
Sindri

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=534554

Should also be in the High Performance supplement that came with your car.
Sindri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 05:46 PM   #16
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindri View Post
I have a brand new 2021 1SS 1LE that I picked up Nov. 30th and I'm already having an issue. I've been driving the car every day since I got it, and am doing my best to follow the GM break in procedures - not dogging it or thrashing, varying RPM, keeping it under 4,000, etc. I mostly drive it in Sport mode, but have used it in Touring a few times. I feel like I've got a pretty good handle on how the car feels and the noises it should be making.

Well last night I was turning into my neighborhood and I heard a very sharp, distinct noise, like a sudden bang/pop, and then the car was louder. The only way I can describe it is like a hole suddenly appeared in my firewall and I was hearing more wind/road/engine noise coming from that area.

Today I took a look under the hood, my first thought was the sound tube became damaged/disconnected, but it seemed fine. I also looked under the car for anything that was damaged/dragging but didn't see anything.

I took it out for another drive today, and the noise is still there, and seems like it's getting worse. I usually run in Sport but switched to Touring and it's even more apparent. I've also noticed that there's some more vibration in the clutch/shifter and in the bottom of my seat. I also am detecting a sort of clicking/grinding noise that seems to be proportional to engine RPM. I'm familiar with clutch chatter in multi-plate setups but this seems somehow different/worse.

My first thought is something transmission related owing to the vibration in the shifter/clutch area. The other thing I'm thinking is something exhaust related, maybe a leak up near the header or cat? It's obviously still under warranty, so I'll end up taking it to the dealer and letting them address it, but I always like to do my homework before turning my car over to someone.

I'm just curious if anyone has experienced something like this. I find it helpful to be able to show up to the dealer with a list of symptoms and possible explanations.
What month was the car built?
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 06:58 PM   #17
Sindri

October.
Its still at the dealership, apparently their master tech can't figure it out.
Old 12-16-2020, 11:48 AM   #18
Sindri

Update: Got a message from the dealership a few minutes ago. Apparently it needs a pressure plate and flywheel. They are ordering the parts and will let me know when its good to go.
Old 12-18-2020, 12:35 PM   #19
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Well you were right about it being in the clutch. Good luck with the fix.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 06:40 PM   #20
mano_camaro
IYAOYAS

Drives: 22 1LE 2SS M6 Riverside Blue
Interesting, OP. I got my 2020 SS 1LE the same day, and im in VA too, from a dealership that i am always hesitant to use (ahem.. lindsay chev.) but is the only one in North Va that had the kind of 1LE i was looking for with PDR and not black, M6. I was trading in my 2018 black 2ss M6.

Im today just under 400 mi, (390) trying to not abuse it as well especially the trans.

Did your engine cover also have the Nameplate from the performance center tech that built your engine?
As described in this thread.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=579447

2020 Red Hot Camaro 2SS 1LE/PDR /Sold

2018 black Camaro 2SS M6 Redline Edition/Traded

2016 summit white Camaro RS V6 M6/Traded

Last edited by mano_camaro; 12-23-2020 at 06:50 PM.
mano_camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 12:25 AM   #21
N Camarolina

Drives: 2021 2SS 1LE
@mano_camaro
Funny that you bought the 2020 Red 2SS 1LE from Lindsay. I tried for several weeks to get them to negotiate with me (remotely) back in August when they were waiting for that very car to be delivered from the factory. They wouldn't give me the time of day - very unprofessional. Ultimately I ordered mine through a dealer much closer to me and managed to get a good price, without all the headaches of buying from out of state.

Hopefully your buying experience with Lindsay was better. Congrats on your car!
N Camarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 09:23 AM   #22
clyde

Drives: broken
Quote:
Originally Posted by N Camarolina View Post
@mano_camaro
Funny that you bought the 2020 Red 2SS 1LE from Lindsay. I tried for several weeks to get them to negotiate with me (remotely) back in August when they were waiting for that very car to be delivered from the factory. They wouldn't give me the time of day - very unprofessional. Ultimately I ordered mine through a dealer much closer to me and managed to get a good price, without all the headaches of buying from out of state.

Hopefully your buying experience with Lindsay was better. Congrats on your car!
How many times did Lindsay use the words, "your presence is your leverage"? I wonder how much they paid for those scripts that keeps customers away. Did they also tell you over and over how they sell 300 cars a month? and don't need to negotiate over the phone so you can take their price to beat up another dealer? And whether it was a salesman or manager, was the script the same?

And all of that only comes if you're able to get someone on the phone (they won't email or text anything except to ask "what time will come in?"). And their website is plastered with virus-related BS about how they'll bend over backwards to work with customers.

Trying to deal with Lindsay several times over the summer and into the fall convinced me that even if we did get to an agreed price, I would be walking into the Tru-Coat scene at Gustafson Motors Odsmobile from "Fargo" when going in to sign.

No one needs a dealership stuck in the worst 1980s era negative dealer stereotypes. As long as people keep buying from them and servicing their cars with them, they probably won't see a reason to change.
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 02:53 PM   #23
N Camarolina

Drives: 2021 2SS 1LE
HA HA on the True Coat!

In hindsight, I'm glad it didn't work out with Lindsay. I was worried about traveling several hours drive to potentially be faced with their attempt of an 11th hr ambush during the final paperwork signing, even if I had done most of it prior to my arrival in person.

The junior sales staff were courteous and reasonably responsive over the phone, but also not empowered to do anything except kick the price negotiation process to the middle/upper managers (too many manager levels at that dealership). The middle/upper guys were totaly unprofessional. Didn't call me back like they said they would and seemingly completely not interested in trying to sell me a car (if it involved negotiation). At that point over the summer, there were next to 0 1LE's available in the specs I wanted, so was stuck trying to buy ones from a distance (Lindsay would have been a 4-5 hr drive from me). I don't mind they they weren't motivated to make a deal with me, but I did expect them to at least act professionally, honor their promise to call me back, and tell me if they weren't interested in trying to sell me the car. Amazes me that they can manage to stay in business that way.
N Camarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 11:46 AM   #24
mano_camaro
IYAOYAS

@ Camarolina, congrats on your camaro 1LE, good thing you didn't drive up here.

unfortunately the other dealers nearby lindsay they provide a more professional service and are honest about their prices but their inventory didnt have what i needed, a 1LE manual with PDR and 2SS, they were either 20211LE autmatics or 1ss 1le's and no PDR.

I had a very good experience with koons tysons chevy a few years back but foolishly didnt make the purchase, i was gona get a 1k miles 2ss 1LE/sunroof at $39k (but in black color) back in 2018 in koons tysons chevy. I ended up with a black camaro anyways after that, since that's all that was left on the market.

after i purchased the car in lindsay a week later and the next i called to get some dings repaired, which at purchase they promised to call me to make an appt but didnt happen, yeah alot of their new cars are already physically beat up from complacent/impatient sales staff.

@ clyde, I got the run around when calling, the managers would pickup and hangup without saying a word and routed back to the front desk, until i went in in person a few weeks after and got it arranged, only one of the sales managers seems to care, his name is Alfonso, the rest is all garbage including coslyn.

Vehicle service department seems good to me on the other hand at Lindsay, only time will tell otherwise, lol.

Last edited by mano_camaro; 12-25-2020 at 12:21 PM.
Old 12-28-2020, 09:45 PM   #25
Sindri

@mano_camaro Mine came from Koons and I had a great buying experience. My wife and I tried to buy a GMC Terrain there a few years ago and had a less than pleasant experience, so I was a bit hesitant to go back, but this time around they did a stellar job.

Regarding the car, its still in the shop. I got a call from them on Christmas Eve, the flywheel and clutch assembly was replaced and it did not fix the problem. They are working with GM Techline to get it fixed. Apparently GM wants them to drop the oil pan and check all the bearing clearances.

I think tomorrow I'll cross over the threshold, I'll have more miles on my service loaner than I put on the Camaro.
Old 12-29-2020, 12:11 AM   #26
mano_camaro
IYAOYAS

Quote:
@mano_camaro Mine came from Koons and I had a great buying experience. My wife and I tried to buy a GMC Terrain there a few years ago and had a less than pleasant experience, so I was a bit hesitant to go back, but this time around they did a stellar job.

Regarding the car, its still in the shop. I got a call from them on Christmas Eve, the flywheel and clutch assembly was replaced and it did not fix the problem. They are working with GM Techline to get it fixed. Apparently GM wants them to drop the oil pan and check all the bearing clearances.

I think tomorrow I'll cross over the threshold, I'll have more miles on my service loaner than I put on the Camaro.

Good to hear that they provided a good experience, i know their advertised price is what it is for the car alone, and then add destination and their fees but still under msrp most cases.

Wow, thats kinda crazy, im sure you are more than anxious to get back in your Camaro instead of loaner.

sometmes when i press the clutch to start it i hear a spring bounce back type noise like when you hit the door stop springs on your house, but no adverse effects.

Good thing they are working it out under warranty, still undesirable situation though, thanks for keeping us updated.

Old 01-05-2021, 11:22 AM   #27
Sindri

I haven't been very dilligent about keeping this thread updated, but I've got more to add.

Middle of last week I get a call, the pulled the oil pan and found metal shavings in it. GM wanted them to pull the motor and do a teardown, my service advisor pushed back saying they weren't going to turn this into a science fair project, their priority was to get me my car back. GM authorized a new engine, and the dealer would send my engine back to them so they could tear it down.

Got a message yesterday that they had received the new engine, and the tech was starting to swap accessories over. (I didn't ask for details, but I'm assuming that means its a new long block). They are anticipating getting my car back to me middle to end of the week. Which is great because I leave the country for a month next week

@mano_camaro for what it's worth, I was OTD for right around MSRP, including all taxes and fees, and an extended warranty including wheel and tire coverage. Which has already been helpful because I got a screw in a tire right before it went into the shop, so they took care of that too.
Old 01-05-2021, 07:35 PM   #28
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
I haven't been very dilligent about keeping this thread updated, but I've got more to add.

Middle of last week I get a call, the pulled the oil pan and found metal shavings in it. GM wanted them to pull the motor and do a teardown, my service advisor pushed back saying they weren't going to turn this into a science fair project, their priority was to get me my car back. GM authorized a new engine, and the dealer would send my engine back to them so they could tear it down.

Got a message yesterday that they had received the new engine, and the tech was starting to swap accessories over. (I didn't ask for details, but I'm assuming that means its a new long block). They are anticipating getting my car back to me middle to end of the week. Which is great because I leave the country for a month next week

@mano_camaro for what it's worth, I was OTD for right around MSRP, including all taxes and fees, and an extended warranty including wheel and tire coverage. Which has already been helpful because I got a screw in a tire right before it went into the shop, so they took care of that too.
That is very good news, a real silver lining for this engine (sorry, couldn't resist). Hope the new one will give you the experience you signed up for. Also, it's nice to see how the dealership took your side, it appears you've found the best place to maintain the car, unless you're the hardcore DIY kind like so many on this forum, of course.

Good luck and keep us posted

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote