Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - NY / NJ / PA

AWE Tuning

Old 07-22-2020, 09:10 PM   #1
Zero7601

Drives: ‘18 Camaro LT
Crusing shortages

Granted I’m new to this forum. I’ve only attended 1 NJ cruise yet already seems to be causing much confusion. I’m putting it out there as a suggestion but i thought for the Jersey riders similar to the Audubon PA guys where they meet one Sunday a month we could get something like that going so unless due to weather whoever wants to go could go and it wouldn’t be up in the air. Anyone think that works?
Zero7601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 09:18 PM   #2
crossroaddemons

Drives: 1971 Chevy Camaro
I wouldn’t mind attending something on a regular basis. Having hosted some very big rallies myself there are a few hurdles to overcome all the time. Number 1, finding folks who are invested. I’m not talking game day calls, I mean dedicated to the concept. Number 2, scheduling. We don’t have kids so what we do doesn’t depend on activities but we aren’t the norm. Number 3, destination. We will drive several hours each way, it just has to be worth it. Either the drive or the destination. Number 4, variety. I’m ok with casual meets. Ultimately you will attract more drivers by moving locations around to accommodate people in different counties. Just my thoughts.
crossroaddemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 09:21 PM   #3
Zero7601

Volume is always going to be the biggest hurdle imho. Even the 5 who attended the 7/12 run seem to be the most active on the forum is enough. To me it’s more about the enjoyment of cruising then how many heads you have.
Old 07-22-2020, 09:26 PM   #4
crossroaddemons

Drives: 1971 Chevy Camaro
As stated I check the forum daily. I have organized a bunch of events big and small. Though we won’t make all of them we can be counted on to drive. Quantity of people is secondary to willingness.
crossroaddemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 09:31 PM   #5
Zero7601

Exactly! I agree willingness is the bigger obstacle. Even with dates without commitment there’s nothing. You would think a sports car is not the usual driving experience but as Rotorocker pointed out these aren’t usual times with it being a super hot summer coupled with a pandemic and then peoples work schedules. So if 5 people could commit I’d say were ahead of the game.
Old 07-24-2020, 04:26 PM   #6
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
I'm near the Audubon meets yet have never made one in the past +2 years due to timing.

They meet up at like 9 on a Sunday morning, hang out until something like 11 then go for a cruise.

My schedule allows me out at 8ish on Sundays, but need to be home by 12-1pm as the wife would like to do something.
So my Sundays are spent cruising rather than the hangout just because I can't drive this car enough and it would drive me nuts standing around during a time I could be winding through back roads.

I did pass the Audubon group heading the other direction one Sunday a few years back when I had my C6 and was lurking here as I was shopping for my 1LE.

I always want to go but as I leave in the morning I just can't stop, by the time the meet starts I deep into banjo country miles away.