Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-26-2018, 01:16 AM   #15
mickss

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS-M6 67 Chevelle Wgn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rem0v3r View Post
I'm trying to find some reason or logic for what happened the other night so hopefully someone can shed some light..

I went to a car show where they had a mobile dynojet dyno.. my car is an l99 twin rear mount turbo.. 4400lb vert pushing 7psi of boost at 11.0 ish afr around 14 degrees final timing.. the car has never been on a dyno

I destroy the newer corvettes all day long, it's not even close..

They said 385rwhp... to me that doesn't make sense.
What are the options here?
Here`s a link from Team Chevelle, draw your own conclusions about the accuracy of mobile dyno`s, post #5 is probably the best explanation.
Team Chevelle; How accurate are the mobile dynos??? https://www.chevelles.com/forums/148...ile-dynos.html
mickss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 08:10 AM   #16
Rem0v3r

Drives: 2013 ss2 vert l99
The jagged line is my pull.. not sure what the smooth line is.. 5th gear pull..
Attached Images

Rem0v3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 08:30 AM   #17
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Quote:
The smooth line is RPM, the jagged line is the power. Just not enough information here - would really like to see an AFR plot with this to get some sense for how the tune-up is.

It looks like it made peak power around 5000rpm and then was rolling over beyond that. Really need a log of what's going on in the PCM to better understand that, but it seems awfully low to me. Was it super hot? Maybe the PCM was yanking out lots of timing. I dunno. Should have stayed and seen what a few other cars did to have a better sense for the dyno's accuracy.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 08:42 PM   #18
marklsx

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS
Who would set up a dyno graph with RPM on the left axis. And time on the bottom. And no torque (yes you can calculate it from RPM and HP but why make me do that?). That graph hurts my head.

Last edited by marklsx; 10-06-2018 at 08:43 PM. Reason: typo
marklsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 01:42 AM   #19
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Why a 5th gear pull?

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 09:26 AM   #20
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Man that's a messed up reading...LOL here what to look for.... an old dyno sheet of my last engine

see where the this and that are on the graph the display also shows that while its running on the dyno, the correction factor is SAE which is correct on yours but that display is messed up.....

Engine RPM should be along the bottom not what appears to be TIME...WTF...…… AFR would be nice also...the lines should have been Torque and HP which should cross around 5200 on all dynos.... no matter what HP is figured off the Torque BTW...…. What ever you can figure off that screen PIC it appears to me you had it shut down by 6000 rpm and there is what power on the right...WTF...…..???????? 375 hp and guess the smoother line is supposed to be torque? around there also but where they cross WTF ouch brain fart..twice WTF....did you let first grader do the dyno? And no one does a fifth gear in overdrive pull its the ratio that matters in the calculations done by the software to interpret things with 1 to 1 being fourth so man its messed up on so many levels...did they give you a sheet and did it have crayon picture of a kitty cat????

Sorry but SARCASM IS HOW I SURVIVE...LOL god bless yah, just chalk it up to experience and move on to another tuner please for gods sake... and show him this screen shot pic he may have pity and charge you less to show others on his website how screwed up the competition is..lord know my tuner the best out in the NW does tell about others screw ups on his facebook…. that's bread and butter let alone having two electrical engineering degrees...…. why I wait in line to see him and STFU for months.... read some of the recommendations..... a couple are mine I am on there long ago a couple places I am Mark....

and good luck to you I am sure theres better than the bozo you got down around there...…
https://www.facebook.com/Wongs-Perfo...-115667950915/ There will always be the chance you got someone on a off day and they will redo the tune and dyno for free if they are good as word of mouth is bread and butter on the table to speak to many out there ….and what spurs business, or then there is the bigger chance your just going to have to suck it up buttercup and write it off..... and bad mouth of course because no one wants to be screwed. But hey a "mobile" dyno is about bragging rights at a car show still it should be able to accurately show things, and tuning the car right should come on a dyno but many just do preloaded handheld tunes which must be what your operating off of..... as Making pulls is not tuning.... And said you never had a correct dyno tune as your no doubt leaving power on the table even if its tuned by a similar vehicles tune with the exact same mods..... and if your really not tuned well you may just go boom...…….

Last edited by christianchevell; 10-07-2018 at 10:02 AM.
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 12:57 PM   #21
Rem0v3r

Drives: 2013 ss2 vert l99
Thanks guys, that makes me feel a lot better.. I'm sure I'm leaving power on the table.. did some ve tuning and some wot pulls today.. actually had knock on one pull (tuning it out now)..
Attached Images

Rem0v3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 01:02 PM   #22
NC_SS

Drives: 2012 M6 Camaro SS (RIP)
Quote:
Looks like a Supras dyno sheet, nothing nothing nothing then hey there's the turbo