Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 05-08-2020, 03:05 PM   #15
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
Just finished installing the Flowmaster. Drove it on the highway, city, and country roads, to try and get a thorough experience. Here are my initial impressions...Cold start is much louder and deeper. Even when warm it's way deeper and a little louder, and you can definitely here a slight deep burble when at a stop light and just idling. It's actually not a lot louder on the inside ( but much deeper and definitely somewhat louder) which is just fine with me. From the outside my girlfriend says it's a lot louder than before, and she would know, because she has drove behind me several times before when it was the stock exhaust. As far as drone goes it's almost next to nothing. Even in high gear and lugging along between 1500-2000 rpm you can detect a slight bit of a deep base like sound, but I wouldn't call that drone. Absolutely no rasp or anything like that. Just a nice deep tone with no popping or anything. Overall I'm very impressed with this exhaust. Fitment was spot on as well. When I get some time I'll post some videos.
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 06:15 PM   #16
HCI2000SS

Here is a cold start for anyone that's interested in this exhaust

https://photos.app.goo.gl/tSgUA69Kka9ucRcn8
Old 06-25-2020, 10:41 PM   #17
10efra

Drives: 1 Lt 3.6
Could you rev it pls...
10efra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 06:12 AM   #18
HCI2000SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10efra View Post
Could you rev it pls...
Don't have any other vids at the moment, but I'll try and make a few more soon
Old 07-03-2020, 11:47 PM   #19
digitalfutur

Drives: 2018 Camaro RS 3.6 A8
Borla Atak axle-back with dual black tips for mine. Sounds amazing ! No drone at any speed.

I spend much more manual shift mode (up and down), just to hear those pipes! I did check out Flowmaster...their warranty is not as good and neither are the build materials.
digitalfutur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 06:18 AM   #20
HCI2000SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalfutur View Post
Borla Atak axle-back with dual black tips for mine. Sounds amazing ! No drone at any speed.

I spend much more manual shift mode (up and down), just to hear those pipes! I did check out Flowmaster...their warranty is not as good and neither are the build materials.
What was the difference in the warranty? Yeah the Flowmaster is a powder coated 409 vs 304 on the Borla. Unless it's a show car it would never really matter. Both will hold up just fine, and out last the life of the vehicle. I really liked the Borla, but to me the Flowmaster sounded just as good, and was $200 cheaper
Old 07-14-2020, 08:50 PM   #21
HCI2000SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowwmaroo View Post
how’s it sound?? i’m torn between the atak and flow master too!
Personally I'm very happy with it. The best way I can describe it is that it has a significantly deeper tone than stock, while being only moderately louder on the inside, but quite a bit louder on the outside. No drone, and has a nice little burble at idle. At WOT it screams pretty good, but is never raspy. In fact the stock exhaust sounded more high pitched and raspy to me. Is it better than the Atak? Obviously I'll never know, but considering the price I paid, and the overall sound and tone, I'm completely happy with it. I strongly considered Borla as well, but have no regrets with this one
Old 08-18-2020, 05:41 AM   #22
97cavy22

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Even though you have a 6, I'm having the same debate for my SS so I appreciate your feedback. I really do think the Flowmaster and AWE systems sound the best, followed by the S-type Borla. The AWE doesn't haver NPP, so that's out for me. Is the Borla really worth the extra money? I guess the better stainless is a plus, but I don't daily drive mine and it does not see winters so the 409 stainless should hold up just fine. I figured the flowmaster will drone a little but I also don't expect my car to be silent on the highway. I'm really leaning towards the flowmasters although a local speed shop is trying to talk me into the Borla. Too many good choices I guess?
97cavy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 07:28 AM   #23
HCI2000SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97cavy22 View Post
Even though you have a 6, I'm having the same debate for my SS so I appreciate your feedback. I really do think the Flowmaster and AWE systems sound the best, followed by the S-type Borla. The AWE doesn't haver NPP, so that's out for me. Is the Borla really worth the extra money? I guess the better stainless is a plus, but I don't daily drive mine and it does not see winters so the 409 stainless should hold up just fine. I figured the flowmaster will drone a little but I also don't expect my car to be silent on the highway. I'm really leaning towards the flowmasters although a local speed shop is trying to talk me into the Borla. Too many good choices I guess?
In my honest opinion the 304 stainless is not really worth the extra money unless you want your car immaculate underneath and do car shows and whatnot. The coated 409 on the Flowmaster should easily outlast the life of the vehicle with very minimal surface rust if any. I may be wrong here, but doesn't the kit for the SS use the super 44 muffler? In my case with the V6 it actually uses a specifically built resonator vs an actual muffler.
Old 11-09-2020, 11:22 PM   #24
OniCamaro

Drives: Camaro V6 2017
Cruise sound video?

HCI2000SS please please make a video of sound while cruising and WOT
OniCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 01:35 AM   #25
Staves

Drives: women crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97cavy22 View Post
Had Flowmasters on my last Mustang GT. It droned some. Have S-type on my SS. Sounds nothing short of amazing. Loud when you want it to be. Awesome burble the rest of the time. Quality is top notch. Wouldn't consider Flows again after this S-type.
Old 11-10-2020, 06:33 AM   #26
HCI2000SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by OniCamaro View Post
HCI2000SS please please make a video of sound while cruising and WOT
As long as you don't mind it from a cell phone I can probably make that happen
Old 11-10-2020, 10:36 AM   #27
OniCamaro

Drives: Camaro V6 2017
Quote: