Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 05-22-2013, 04:50 PM   #29
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Wow!

It's great to hear you all enjoying the ZL1! I know it must be pretty amazing to ride through town in one of those. Drive safe ZL1ers!

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 05-22-2013, 04:56 PM   #30
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by jashobbsie View Post
lol, I finally realized that I love stopping at red light intersections/ stop signs in my ZL1...just because I get to hear the roar of the exhaust again each time I step on it... hey, if you can't speed because of speed limits then I'm going to reach that max speed limit the fastest I can, haha
I hate red lights while driving in my truck or jeep... but any opportunity I can get to jam on it in the Z , I'm all for it! Slowing down to a stop just seems so much more fun...you hear the car gearing down and the exhaust crackling and popping and it just doesn't get any better...

how about you guys?! lol

I admit...I think it's pretty cool.....

I find that most compliments from fellow road-goers happen at stop lights. Every once in a while, I'll tap the throttle a little...like most motorcycles do while waiting...no roaring, just a little blip. The stares and thumbs-up are almost predictable.

I LOVE the way the ZL1 sounds.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:11 PM   #31
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
I admit...I think it's pretty cool.....

I find that most compliments from fellow road-goers happen at stop lights. Every once in a while, I'll tap the throttle a little...like most motorcycles do while waiting...no roaring, just a little blip. The stares and thumbs-up are almost predictable.

I LOVE the way the ZL1 sounds.

I agree with Mr. WindHam.
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:52 PM   #32
knowitman
Camaro fan since birth

Drives: 2013 ZL1
I love listening to my idle with my windows down and then watching the expression of others when I rev up a bit too take off. I've had a local cop look at it and just say, "Damn!". On another note, I hardly listen to my radio, especially in traffic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
knowitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:59 PM   #33
c4maroboy
[HOONIGAN]

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #1848[The HOONIGAN MOBILE]
i also like to drive with the windows down so i can hear all the sounds the car makes. Also so i can hear people complimenting the car! haha
Old 05-22-2013, 07:16 PM   #34
RedWS601

Drives: 2014 Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normagene View Post
Anyone else with a black or ashen grey have any kids point and yell "Batmobile" at an intersection?
Get the "Batmobile" yells a lot. Lots of "Thumbs Up" from Men. But my favorite of all is when I'm driving thru a busy parking lot, say Walmart on the weekend, and all they young ladies see the car coming and for some reason they lift and push out their chest while flipping back their hair and always give this big ear to ear smile... Well, that's until they see its me, a girl, behind the wheel. The smile always disappears, sometimes it even turns into a sort of snarl. Sorry ladies, I guess they were hoping for a cute guy![/QUOTE]

Really? In Mass? Girls are stuck up here. Must be the Cape vibe overthere. I only get attention in my Ducati or when I drive the Benz Vert! But never in the WS6! I would give a woman attention in a ZL1 any day!
RedWS601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:18 PM   #35
RedWS601

Drives: 2014 Shelby GT500
As for the topic at hand; I find myself doing the same thing. Never really used the radio unless on the highway. I love the sound so much I would let a trusted friend drive it just to hear it.
RedWS601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:49 PM   #36
chiefchump

Drives: 2013 Inferno Orange ZL1
Like the actors said in the movie "Thunder Road" yeah, that's "Lucas Dolan" and his pipes you hear all through the valley. The pipes rule.
chiefchump is offline   Reply With Quote