Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-26-2019, 02:09 AM   #1
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
7th Gen Camaro NOT shelved - GM Authority

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/06/...rOtapGhrF6BR3I

So please stop posting bullshit from click-bait reporters.

More than likely GM is holding off until Ford and Dodge releases info on their next Gen offerings. Several months ago Ford pushed their release of the S650 Mustang back by 1 year. Then there was a report that it would be pushed back to 2023. Then there was a report that the S550 Mustang would last a total of 10 years meaning the S650 would arrive around 2024 or 2025. Dodge has not released info on the next Gen Chally but people are expecting 2023 also. Of note is that the current Gen Durango was also pushed back by 2 years and it might be getting the Hellcat drivetrain (ike the Trackhawk) to keep sales up. So more than likely GM doesn't plan to put the Camaro out earlier than the competition to prevent Ford and FCA from trying to leapfrog them. If the Camaro comes out in 2021 then that will give the Mustang and Chally 2 years to outdo the Camaro. So they're probably holding off for that and other reasons my guess is.

So can we please stop the doomsday reporting? I mean, every quarter we gotta hear some members ranting on about sales this and the Camaro is doomed. Enough is enough.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 05:48 AM   #2
Slickcas

Drives: 12' 2SS/RS LS3 IBM
My Company makes parts for the mustang and have not even seen anything on the S650. Usually start seeing stuff about 18 - 24 months out. Now the S550 we actually have some new equipment ramping up higher production. I wish we made parts for Camaro but GM is very ...... nicest way to put it is not reliable on their suppliers and likes to put them out of business Lol
Slickcas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 06:06 AM   #3
ItsChristianInHD

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS 3.6L
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post

More than likely GM is holding off until Ford and Dodge releases info on their next Gen offerings. Several months ago Ford pushed their release of the S650 Mustang back by 1 year. Then there was a report that it would be pushed back to 2023. Then there was a report that the S550 Mustang would last a total of 10 years meaning the S650 would arrive around 2024 or 2025. Dodge has not released info on the next Gen Chally but people are expecting 2023 also. Of note is that the current Gen Durango was also pushed back by 2 years and it might be getting the Hellcat drivetrain (ike the Trackhawk) to keep sales up. So more than likely GM doesn't plan to put the Camaro out earlier than the competition to prevent Ford and FCA from trying to leapfrog them. If the Camaro comes out in 2021 then that will give the Mustang and Chally 2 years to outdo the Camaro. So they're probably holding off for that and other reasons my guess is.

So can we please stop the doomsday reporting? I mean, every quarter we gotta hear some members ranting on about sales this and the Camaro is doomed. Enough is enough.
Hmmm now it’s a battle of what source is more reliable. I really don’t see them discontinuing the Camaro again, the car still sells even with their shit marketing and really obnoxious pricing.
ItsChristianInHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 07:01 AM   #4
SSDan

Drives: 2016 1SS 6MT NPP
The bottom line for me is that I don't believe either report as both are long on speculation and short on confirmable facts. I've read nothing yet that gives firm answers to the what, when and if questions for the 7th Gen Camaro.

2010 Camaro 2SS Cam/Headers/CAI/3.91 gears
476 rwhp/440 rwtq (sold)
SSDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 07:12 AM   #5
Camaro_QC

Drives: 08 Tiburon GS, 2018 Camaro 2.0T
Can't wait for the 8th generation!!
1100 - 5/08/2018 | 3800 - 6/18/2018
2000 - 5/09/2018 | 4200 - 6/21/2018
3000 - 5/28/2018 | 5000 - 6/27/2018
6000 - 6/29/2018
Camaro_QC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 07:14 AM   #6
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
Doesn't matter to me either way, because I plan to keep my last Camaro ZL1 and my last new car. Getting too old to keep up with the changing technology and cost of new cars. It's up to the rest of you to carry on.
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 07:24 AM   #7
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Agree with you Smoking 19!! I plan on keeping my ‘17 too!
Old 06-26-2019, 07:29 AM   #8
DIYguy

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Thumbs up

Amen.

I love my '17 and plan to keep it for a very long time.

Here's hoping that sales continue strong.
Old 06-26-2019, 07:38 AM   #9
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
I'm just saying it almost seems like some of these people around here actually WANT the Camaro to fail judging by all these bullshit threads that keep popping up all the time. I wish the moderators would start removing these doom threads. I swear, I'm getting tired of every time I come here having to see some uniformed twerp who doesn't know how to research or doesn't understand that fckin sales are not the only things that matter or doesn't realize what click bait is post on here that the Camaro is doomed. I mean come on. It's like every week something happens and all of a sudden the Camaro is doomed. I'm starting to wonder if these guys starting these threads are actually trolls trying to get a rise out of people.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 07:39 AM   #10
germanicus

Drives: Pony Car
Quote:

One thing to consider is that a car company will wait until the last possible moment to announce the EOL for a product. This is because of the negative impact it has on brand perception. Dead man walking. Regardless of the quality of the product, it has a real world negative affect on sales over the remainder of its availability. Therefore, they are much more likely to just say its delayed instead of cancelled, even when they know otherwise.
germanicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 07:43 AM   #11
MiamiBlueCamaro

Drives: Gen 6 Camaro RS
Quote:
I'm just saying it almost seems like some of these people around here actually WANT the Camaro to fail judging by all these bullshit threads that keep popping up all the time. I wish the moderators would start removing these doom threads. I swear, I'm getting tired of every time I come here having to see some uniformed twerp who doesn't know how to research or doesn't understand that fckin sales are not the only things that matter or doesn't realize what click bait is post on here that the Camaro is doomed. I mean come on. It's like every week something happens and all of a sudden the Camaro is doomed. I'm starting to wonder if these guys starting these threads are actually trolls trying to get a rise out of people.
Attached Images

MiamiBlueCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 07:43 AM   #12
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Battle of the un-names sources.

Nothing to read here....move along.

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 08:24 AM   #13
Markoz28

Drives: 18 ZL1 nightfall grey A10
I prefer that Chevy does not release a new camaro. It would keep mine special and relevant. I don’t want mine to be the old model for another 10 years.
Markoz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 08:28 AM   #14
NYJets12

Drives: 2018 1LT Camaro
I’m keeping my 2018 till I drop dead or it gets all banged up which ever comes first.