Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-23-2019, 09:00 AM   #1
mark lewis
ROTN APL

Drives: 2017 red hot ss
NW103mm and WeaponX confussion?

I am looking to pick up my NW103 TB today and was shopping around looking for a deal. WeaponX has really confused me. This is for my 2017 SS with a Magnuson Heartbeat. The WeaponX page shows a couple of options when ordering this TB. You can get the natural stainless or the black coated version of coarse but they give you another option, regular engine or boosted engine and that's a $100 increase for the boosted. They have no part numbers for me to compare these to. I find it hard to believe that there are no other distributers out there that offer this option and has one part number SD103LTX I know you can get the 102mm in boosted and non boosted that's why this confuses me. Is WeaponX selling something no one else has or what. I have reached out to Mick Williams to get to the bottom of this with no response.
mark lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 04:23 PM   #2
SC88
Twin Turbo

Drives: 2016 2SS
The boosted version has the stronger motor for the guys pushing a lot of boost through it.

I don't really think this applies to the PD guys since we draw in air like a big NA motor vs it being forced in like a Procharger, YSi or Turbo.

I went with the Katech 103mm TB. Have not had any issues so far.