Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-26-2019, 03:10 PM   #29
Keandre8

Drives: Summit White 2018 Camaro LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
I actually have 2 (of the tune version) in stock right now. if you tried to order one and saw that they were sold out on the website, the inventory number was off. I have fixed it.
Great, ordering one now!
Keandre8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 03:32 PM   #30
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keandre8 View Post
Great, ordering one now!
Thanks for your order. We've already made the shipping run for today, so it will go out tomorrow!
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 03:53 PM   #31
Keandre8

Drives: Summit White 2018 Camaro LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
Thanks for your order. We've already made the shipping run for today, so it will go out tomorrow!
Keandre8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 12:29 PM   #32
zts1986
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT 2.0T
Ordered mine today!
zts1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 08:58 AM   #33
EWard

Drives: 2019 Camaro RBM M6 LTG 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by zts1986 View Post
Ordered mine today!
zts,

Have you gotten the BNR High Performance Recirculating Valve installed yet? Would like to hear your impression, along with how the valve works with the racechips programmer.
EWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 09:43 AM   #34
Mr.meangreen

Drives: Krypton green 17 Camaro ls 2.0t
That valve is pretty intersting ! I have a caltess downpipe and the mishimoto induction pipe on the way and already have a k&n drop in filter. That valve would be next step along with a tune, but what tune would be the best with it ??(racechip/zzp/trifecta...)
Mr.meangreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 12:56 PM   #35
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.meangreen View Post
That valve is pretty intersting ! I have a caltess downpipe and the mishimoto induction pipe on the way and already have a k&n drop in filter. That valve would be next step along with a tune, but what tune would be the best with it ??(racechip/zzp/trifecta...)
Stay away from that Race Chip thing and get a real tune from Trifecta, ZZP, Vermont or Danytech. They all have it down pretty good.
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 01:51 PM   #36
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Vermont Tuning or a good HPTUNERS Dyno Tune. Not sure how north you are but i know my tuner in Loudon, NH has this platform pretty well dialed in on 93 octane and we're finishing up E85 race tuning this may. Honest answer get your own HPTuners MPVI2 and reach out to tuners about sending logs back and forth.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 02:12 PM   #37
Mr.meangreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Vermont Tuning or a good HPTUNERS Dyno Tune. Not sure how north you are but i know my tuner in Loudon, NH has this platform pretty well dialed in on 93 octane and we're finishing up E85 race tuning this may. Honest answer get your own HPTuners MPVI2 and reach out to tuners about sending logs back and forth.
I'm in Ottawa area so I assume your tune should be good for me as well. I can see HPtuners is probably the best way to go, but is the mpvi2 absolutly needed or a laptop and hptuners software is good enough ? I was lookin at the NGauge too..

Last edited by Mr.meangreen; 04-17-2019 at 02:33 PM.
Old 04-17-2019, 02:16 PM   #38
Mr.meangreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start The Machine View Post
Stay away from that Race Chip thing and get a real tune from Trifecta, ZZP, Vermont or Danytech. They all have it down pretty good.
Yeah I don't really trust those race chip things, Thanks i'll check all those tuners . I could go for a dyno tune at a shop near my place , but I know they never touched a turbo ltg before.
Old 04-17-2019, 04:11 PM   #39
zts1986
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by EWard View Post
zts,

Have you gotten the BNR High Performance Recirculating Valve installed yet? Would like to hear your impression, along with how the valve works with the racechips programmer.
I have not installed the BOL yet, as I've been on the road for work for the last few weeks. Hopefully next weekend.

I'm also still working with RaceChip to fix the bugs in the GTS that was sent to me. Hoping to have that cleared up soon, too.
zts1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 05:49 PM   #40
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
Quote:
Yeah I don't really trust those race chip things, Thanks i'll check all those tuners . I could go for a dyno tune at a shop near my place , but I know they never touched a turbo ltg before.
An in person dyno is the absolute best way to go. However, do not take your car to someone that has never worked on these gen 3 LTG's. They are extremely complicated to figure out and you could possibly destroy your engine in the process. I know it's a haul, but take a road trip to a shop that specializes in this car. I believe there may be one in Toronto, NY, Vermont or Evil's guy in New Hampshire.
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 08:52 PM   #41
Mr.meangreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start The Machine View Post
An in person dyno is the absolute best way to go. However, do not take your car to someone that has never worked on these gen 3 LTG's. They are extremely complicated to figure out and you could possibly destroy your engine in the process. I know it's a haul, but take a road trip to a shop that specializes in this car. I believe there may be one in Toronto, NY, Vermont or Evil's guy in New Hampshire.

Yeah the ltg looks pretty complicated to work with, that's why I wasn't really lookin to go see that local tuner here.. I'll have to check for that around toronto , cause I'm not allowed to cross the border.

For now my best bet would be hptuners and get a file from vermont.
Old 04-17-2019, 09:54 PM   #42
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Drives: 18 Flex Fuel LTG
Quote:
Yeah the ltg looks pretty complicated to work with, that's why I wasn't really lookin to go see that local tuner here.. I'll have to check for that around toronto , cause I'm not allowed to cross the border.

For now my best bet would be hptuners and get a file from vermont.

If you think there is even a remote chance that doing your own tuning on your own car is in your future, your best option would be buying the mpvi2 and finding a good remote tuner that doesn't lock your tune. {They are out there.} You will save money in the long run, and create a much more personal car.

If not, Vermont is an excellent option. I ran Brian@Vermonts tune for a good while, before doing my own tuning. No complaints what so ever. If I didn't have the option of tuning my own car, I would go back to Vermont.

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
cooper1965 is offline   Reply With Quote