So how do the valves look?
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 11:57 AM   #156
D3adch1ld

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
So how do the valves look?
So far so good, but the intake runners were cover of a heavy oily film. The shop towers came out fairly dirty.
D3adch1ld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 11:59 AM   #157
D3adch1ld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost18ZL1 View Post
I believe thats the same bolt that broke on me...job well done!. I didn't take the SC completely off, just lifted it up enough to get the bolt out and replace the gaskets.
Thanks man, it was volt #4 in the torque sequence. I removed the blower since I dont have an engine hoist nor a helper, pretty much removed the harness out of the way and yanked the whole thing out. Easy enough, just have to be gentle on return. Lol.
Old 05-25-2019, 12:39 PM   #158
Ghost18ZL1

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by D3adch1ld View Post
Thanks man, it was volt #4 in the torque sequence. I removed the blower since I dont have an engine hoist nor a helper, pretty much removed the harness out of the way and yanked the whole thing out. Easy enough, just have to be gentle on return. Lol.
If you don't mind, post how the install went, particularly how you go about hooking up the intercooler and purging/filling with coolant. I did not want to unhook those lines because it looked like it might be a pain in the butt to get the coolant back in and the air out. The service manual has about 20 steps and a vacuum pump. Some people have done it with a 1" hose and a 2 litre bottle. Id like to know the easiest way for future reference
Ghost18ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 03:33 PM   #159
TMS

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE - HBM, PDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost18ZL1 View Post
If you don't mind, post how the install went, particularly how you go about hooking up the intercooler and purging/filling with coolant. I did not want to unhook those lines because it looked like it might be a pain in the butt to get the coolant back in and the air out. The service manual has about 20 steps and a vacuum pump. Some people have done it with a 1" hose and a 2 litre bottle. Id like to know the easiest way for future reference

FWIW, I’ve had my blower off 5 separate times and have not had to purge my system once. Each time I may lose a few dribbles of coolant amounting to no more than 1/2 oz. Get yourself some plastic hose clamp pliers (two, one for each line) and two cap plugs. Pull the retainer c-clip from each inlet and outlet hose at the blower. Set these aside. Now take your hose clamp pliers and clamp each of the two hoses as close to the fitting as possible before pulling the hoses loose from the manifold. Now get your caps/plugs ready and as you pull one hose off quickly cap the manifold. Do the same with the second hose. That’s it.

When you are ready to install just reverse the order. Hope that helps.

JRE Tuned (HPTuners) | 15% OD (9.17" crank pulley) | TVS2300 Maggie Heartbeat Supercharger - 14 psi | E-50 (DSX Flex Fuel kit) | JMS FuelMax Fuel Pump Booster | LPE Big Bore High Volume DI fuel pump | LPE High Flow DI fuel injectors | LT5 95mm TB | RotoFab CAI | AEM X-Series OBD2 wide band gauge | Elite Engineering E2-X catch can | Borla S-type NPP Cat-Back 3" exhaust | Forgeline GTD1 5-lug Satin Graphite | SunTek wrap | C-Quartz Finest Reserve ceramic coated
TMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 04:47 PM   #160
D3adch1ld

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMS View Post
FWIW, I’ve had my blower off 5 separate times and have not had to purge my system once. Each time I may lose a few dribbles of coolant amounting to no more than 1/2 oz. Get yourself some plastic hose clamp pliers (two, one for each line) and two cap plugs. Pull the retainer c-clip from each inlet and outlet hose at the blower. Set these aside. Now take your hose clamp pliers and clamp each of the two hoses as close to the fitting as possible before pulling the hoses loose from the manifold. Now get your caps/plugs ready and as you pull one hose off quickly cap the manifold. Do the same with the second hose. That’s it.

I followed the exact method. The coolant loss is super minimal. I refilled the system with the funnel method and it only took like 3 Oz of coolant and no more as much as I tried. I used Purple Ice to fill the system so the 3 Oz worked just fine.
Old 05-26-2019, 02:07 AM   #161
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
My install is done !!! Not a terrible pain in the ass but not easy either.

One question.
How were you guys able to remove the supercharger to engine bolt that’s all the way at the top left corner of the blower?

It hits the cowl before you’re able to pull it out. I had to reuse the old one.

I’m guessing this is why GM wants you to lower the front cradle when removing the supercharger.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 02:09 AM   #162
Alain

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMS View Post

Don’t you still get air in the system by using that method?

You have a link for those plugs for the fittings? Or at least what size they are ?

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Old 05-26-2019, 04:31 AM   #163
Ghost18ZL1

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain View Post
My install is done !!! Not a terrible pain in the ass but not easy either.

One question.
How were you guys able to remove the supercharger to engine bolt that’s all the way at the top left corner of the blower?

It hits the cowl before you’re able to pull it out. I had to reuse the old one.

I’m guessing this is why GM wants you to lower the front cradle when removing the supercharger.
If you didn't attempt to remove the SC, you can't get it out...with my hoist and lifting device I made to attach to the SC allowed me to move it around enough to get that back one out and a new one in.
Ghost18ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 07:44 AM   #164
Alain

I see.

Should have seen me praying to the mighty gods before I tightened that back bolt!! I did not want to have to mess around with a snapped bolt all the way back there.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

Old 05-26-2019, 09:17 AM   #165
D3adch1ld

Quote:
I see.

Should have seen me praying to the mighty gods before I tightened that back bolt!! I did not want to have to mess around with a snapped bolt all the way back there.
You could wait to disconnect the hoses until the blower is loose, lift the front (so the coolant doesnt move away from the bricks and use some 5/8 vacuum caps (got mine from autozone). Everyone should replace these bolts, even if they didn't break, they stretch everytime they get torqued. The new bolts torqued super nice, didnt feel like they were going to snap like the reused ones.
Old 05-26-2019, 12:01 PM   #166
TMS

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE - HBM, PDR
Quote:
Don’t you still get air in the system by using that method?

You have a link for those plugs for the fittings? Or at least what size they are ?

Yeah a little air I’m sure. But it’s such a tiny amount and it self purges through the coolant Degas tank. The lower part of the tank will be a little low after it purged and then I just top the lower reservoir off.

I just had the caps laying around. They are pliable and a little undersized for a pressure fit. The measure 11/16”.
JRE Tuned (HPTuners) | 15% OD (9.17" crank pulley) | TVS2300 Maggie Heartbeat Supercharger - 14 psi | E-50 (DSX Flex Fuel kit) | JMS FuelMax Fuel Pump Booster | LPE Big Bore High Volume DI fuel pump | LPE High Flow DI fuel injectors | LT5 95mm TB | RotoFab CAI | AEM X-Series OBD2 wide band gauge | Elite Engineering E2-X catch can | Borla S-type NPP Cat-Back 3" exhaust | Forgeline GTD1 5-lug Satin Graphite | SunTek wrap | C-Quartz Finest Reserve ceramic coated
TMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 02:57 PM   #167
Alain

Thank you for the measurements on the caps fellers.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

Old 03-22-2020, 02:13 PM   #168
h018871
Geoff

Drives: 2020 ZL1 Green
OLD THREAD ALERT

Is this kit GM # 12679527?
Attached Images