Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 05-15-2019, 06:10 PM   #15
carguy55

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
My first alignment they didn't center the steering wheel to my liking. It's very noticeable with the flat bottom wheel. Service guy had to drive it before he believed me. After he drove it, said yep its off and we'll fix it. I think it was off by about .25"
carguy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 06:42 PM   #16
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
Alignment.

Mine is now off toward 1 o'clock after meeting one of PA's finest potholes. My car now has a slight case of toe in. Before the pothole my wheel was straight but had real bad tramlining(a sign of toe out), now it's ever so slightly off center and the tramlining is greatly reduced(a sign of toe in).

A car with toe out will tend to wander, a car with toe in will tend to maintain direction, all within reason of course, greater variances will have magnified effects.
Finally got my car up on the rack and both wrecked and fixed my alignment.

Rear toe was way out at -0.70.
Front toe was actually in spec but steering was off center.

So from the factory the car was way toed out both front and rear. Feels worlds better now.

This was just an emergency "toe and go" as I didn't have a bunch of time and just wanted to get all four wheels pointing the same direction for a change.

I'd like to increase my front camber from the -1.2 it is now to the -1.7 range, nothing too aggressive since my car will never see the track.
My rear camber was exactly where I wanted it at -1.3 until I adjusted what I thought was the rear toe but what turned out to be the rear camber.

I cracked loose the eccentric and started turning and watching the toe until it was perfect, failing to realize that I was adjusting the camber which brought the toe into spec.
My rear camber is now -0.9 almost 0.5 degree from where I wanted.

Oh well.
Car feels great now, just have to reset the rear again when I finally adjust the front camber.
Old 05-21-2019, 10:06 AM   #17
MATTY-1LE

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Finally got my car up on the rack and both wrecked and fixed my alignment.

Rear toe was way out at -0.70.
Front toe was actually in spec but steering was off center.

So from the factory the car was way toed out both front and rear. Feels worlds better now.

This was just an emergency "toe and go" as I didn't have a bunch of time and just wanted to get all four wheels pointing the same direction for a change.

I'd like to increase my front camber from the -1.2 it is now to the -1.7 range, nothing too aggressive since my car will never see the track.
My rear camber was exactly where I wanted it at -1.3 until I adjusted what I thought was the rear toe but what turned out to be the rear camber.

I cracked loose the eccentric and started turning and watching the toe until it was perfect, failing to realize that I was adjusting the camber which brought the toe into spec.
My rear camber is now -0.9 almost 0.5 degree from where I wanted.

Oh well.
Car feels great now, just have to reset the rear again when I finally adjust the front camber.

see i have never found a shop let alone one that can do alignments that is willing to work with me and give me what i want, they have always just put it on their machine and sent me on my way, you seem to have a better bond with your mechanic and probably more knowledgeable than most on what you want, i pretty much just know i want the damn steering wheel to be straight and it to not be as cushiony when steering to the right

Past:
2008 C6 - heads/cam/boltons
2005 GTO - cam/boltons
MATTY-1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 12:12 PM   #18
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MATTY-1LE View Post
see i have never found a shop let alone one that can do alignments that is willing to work with me and give me what i want, they have always just put it on their machine and sent me on my way, you seem to have a better bond with your mechanic and probably more knowledgeable than most on what you want, i pretty much just know i want the damn steering wheel to be straight and it to not be as cushiony when steering to the right
lol
I hate my mechanic, wish I never became one, that's why it took me so long to get the car up on the rack.

Been a ASE Master for +30 years.
Old 05-21-2019, 04:52 PM   #19
MATTY-1LE

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
lol
I hate my mechanic, wish I never became one, that's why it took me so long to get the car up on the rack.

Been a ASE Master for +30 years.

Past:
2008 C6 - heads/cam/boltons
2005 GTO - cam/boltons
MATTY-1LE is offline   Reply With Quote