Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 04-09-2019, 09:09 PM   #1
OVRKLL

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE...makes me go YeeeHaw!
Service Suspension System Message

I know I mentioned this in another thread, and there are a few others that have had this problem after doing a dyno, but I wanted to start a new thread with the name of what it's actually about, so when others do a search it'll be easier to find.

So here's an update on this message I got while driving in sport mode.
Took the car to the dealer last week Thursday, and on Friday they said they could not duplicate the message, although they do see history of it.
They had the foreman drive the car and he couldn't duplicate it either.

Went in on Saturday to pick up the car, and as I got into the car and started it...low and behold there's the message. Service Suspension System.

Left the car idling and called the Service Tech to show him the message, and this time it was in Touring. I drove it for a day in Touring to see if the message would show up, it never did.

I was told to leave the car and they will do more research on it now that the message came up just from driving the car on their lot.

Got a call today and was told it's a sensor and they have one coming in, the car should be ready tomorrow.

I think they had my car as long as I had it...
I'm ok with it since I have a loaner and the repairs are warranty repairs.
So hopefully I'll get to learn how this car handles on the road and soon a track.

In closing, when/if you get the message in the DIC "Service Suspension System" and the car was not dyno'd or any strapping on the underside, it could possibly be your sensor, and this will happen in Sport and Touring mode...and probably other modes as well.

The car never felt unstable at anytime, just the rear tires traction wasn't the best and it could be because they were not hot enough...they are Nitto's 555.
Old 04-10-2019, 07:13 AM   #2
NickyRacerBoy

Drives: 1LE
I just went through the same thing ended up being the ECU that controls the suspension was bad.
NickyRacerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 07:24 AM   #3
NickyRacerBoy

Drives: 1LE
What's strange is it was only giving me right rear suspension code you would think if the ECU was bad that it would give all four wheels but apparently that driver in the ECU for that particular Wheel suspension was bad
NickyRacerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 10:11 PM   #4
OVRKLL

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE...makes me go YeeeHaw!
Update:

Finally got my car back from the dealer and here's what I was told.
They changed a yaw sensor and connected 2 wires going into the module, which came loose.
I think they had my car longer than I did!
However, since I had loaners it was ok, got to drive a new Curz, Blazer and Malibu all with miles below 20.

So if anyone gets this warning message, have the dealer check the yaw sensors and wires going into the module to insure they are all tight.
Old 05-14-2019, 11:59 AM   #5
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OVRKLL View Post
Update:

Finally got my car back from the dealer and here's what I was told.
They changed a yaw sensor and connected 2 wires going into the module, which came loose.
I think they had my car longer than I did!
However, since I had loaners it was ok, got to drive a new Curz, Blazer and Malibu all with miles below 20.

So if anyone gets this warning message, have the dealer check the yaw sensors and wires going into the module to insure they are all tight.
Good to know thx for posting the info!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote