Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 04-19-2019, 12:45 PM   #43
Baker

Drives: 2010 camaro RS,2017 camaro 1Le
I just installed mine yesterday bought the dual gauge me and I feel like none of the displayed information is accurate am I missing something on setup?
Old 05-16-2019, 05:05 PM   #44
FrostySS

Drives: 2018 Redline Edition 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post

I think Aeroforce is run by one single guy anyway so he's probably annoyed he can't explain why the Boost Pid worked before and not now and won't respond.
There are 2 or 3 I think lol. Did they ever get you an answer?
2018 Redline Edition 2SS- A8, NPP, MRC, Recaro seats, ECS Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, cat deletes, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts Drake Muscle Car wicker bill, Adams Polishes Ceramic Coating

2010 Infiniti G37x Sedan for the DD.
FrostySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 09:13 PM   #45
Dysan911

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostySS View Post
There are 2 or 3 I think lol. Did they ever get you an answer?

Yeah you're going to love this.

So when I brought up the issue of no longer able to read the BOOST PID. He told me this:

Quote:
We updated the software to read GM's new MAP parameter, but by doing this it was not reading retrofitted sensors. What vehicle do you have, was a supercharger or turbo added? Would help if I knew what vehicle we were talking about. Our latest revision will recognize aftermarket of retrofitted MAP sensors and read them as before.
So after I explained I had the Prochager and the GM LT4 Map sensor he has offered to let me send my gauge back in for this latest update that I apparently missed by a day or two. It also explains why the Map PID always reads Zero.
Former Ride: 17 Camaro 2SS, M6 - Fifty | Procharger P1SC | 3.7 Pulley | Stage 2 IC | Race Bypass | DSX FF Kit | JRE Custom E85 Flex Fuel Tune | LT4 Fuel System | JMS Voltage Booster | MSD Plug Wires | American Racing 1-7/8's LT Headers Full System Catback | Baro Breakout Harness | LT4 Map Sensor | Katech Ported TB | MMS Oil Catch Can | 160 Thermo | Solo Performance J-Pipes

Dysan911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 08:36 AM   #46
FrostySS

Drives: 2018 Redline Edition 2SS
That sounds like what mine did, MAP read 0 no matter what(if I remember correctly). Oh well, I spent the $$$ on a NGauge and like it...just sucks I/we had to go through that but I'm glad they finally figured it out.
2018 Redline Edition 2SS- A8, NPP, MRC, Recaro seats, ECS Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, cat deletes, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts Drake Muscle Car wicker bill, Adams Polishes Ceramic Coating

2010 Infiniti G37x Sedan for the DD.
FrostySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 11:11 AM   #47
Dysan911

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary 2SS
Just a follow up. I sent my gauge back on Monday for the fix and got it back and installed yesterday. Happy to report the map and boost readings are working again!
Former Ride: 17 Camaro 2SS, M6 - Fifty | Procharger P1SC | 3.7 Pulley | Stage 2 IC | Race Bypass | DSX FF Kit | JRE Custom E85 Flex Fuel Tune | LT4 Fuel System | JMS Voltage Booster | MSD Plug Wires | American Racing 1-7/8's LT Headers Full System Catback | Baro Breakout Harness | LT4 Map Sensor | Katech Ported TB | MMS Oil Catch Can | 160 Thermo | Solo Performance J-Pipes

Dysan911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 11:46 AM   #48
forcefedjunkie

Drives: '14 ZL1, Duramax H2
Sorry for any inconvenience this caused. As of last spring it's all been resolved. Like has been mentioned GM changed the way it converted MAP readings and when we implemented this we did not make an exception for non factory MAP sensors so the gauge did not recognize them.

Todd
forcefedjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 08:40 AM   #49
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramairroughneck View Post
I just bought a Banks Idash. I strongly considering getting getting an Aeroforce but took a chance on it and am very pleased. Much more modern in appearance, customizable, and a ton of features. I bought the logging one. You can also set warnings for things you don’t wish to watch on the main screen and if their set threshold is exceeded the display will warn you. Shift lights. You can watch 5 parameters at once instead of 2. Multi color display. It’s head and shoulders above the 90s Aeroforce
Are you able to read boost with the Idash I'm not having any luck.

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 07:36 PM   #50
ZachU

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
I just installed my AeroForce today and it reads boost but it seems like the ceiling is 2.8PSi and the rest of the time its in vacuum. My p1X is 7psi...assuming I need. 3bar maybe?
Old 08-17-2021, 08:14 PM   #51
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachU View Post
I just installed my AeroForce today and it reads boost but it seems like the ceiling is 2.8PSi and the rest of the time its in vacuum. My p1X is 7psi...assuming I need. 3bar maybe?
Yep 3 or 3.5 atleast your reading I assume u have an SS.. I'm having to use a pressure sensor that converts to digital atleast banks sent it out for free since I had a lot went back n forth with them trying multiple things.

This leads me to think that aeroforce has a formula written that takes the map and baro sensor reading and converts it automatically if you use the map sensor that reads correct voltage for it.

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 11:16 AM   #52
ZachU

Yes....its an SS and I'm going to get a 3 bar this afternoon and have ordered the DSX baro breakout kit as well. The baro kit will have to wait until I can get on the dyno but I'll change the sensor tonight.
Old 08-18-2021, 09:37 PM   #53
ZachU

Installed the 3 bar map sensor and now my gauge isn't even climbing out of vacuum under boost and MAP PID is only rising to about 60KPA. Is there a way to reset the Aeroforce gauge? Additionally, the car acts like it doesn't want to start when cranking but turns over and runs fine. Any ideas here would be awesome.
Old 08-18-2021, 10:45 PM   #54
ZachU

I just ordered the Aeroforce boost pressure sensor gauge...looks like that is the solution.
Old 08-23-2021, 01:47 PM   #55
ZachU

Just to update here. I installed the 3 bar map sensor and the baro breakout kit. After buying HP tuners MPVi2 and unlicensed the RTD I was able to change the linear and offset and the car runs beautifully now and the gauge is reading boost beyond 2.8 psi!