#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

AWE Tuning

Old 05-20-2019, 08:12 AM   #155
JRL1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Move_Over View Post
1.6-1.8 with a touch of toe IN. read your tires after your truck sessions they will tell you if they want more camber
Thank you!
JRL1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 05:56 PM   #156
driven2exceSS

Drives: 2016 2SS BLK A8 Vert
Thanks again for taking the time to share those details... They showed up today, so tomorrow will be a play day
NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)
driven2exceSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 01:11 PM   #157
driven2exceSS

***Okay, I talked to Jason today at Vorshlag. Some of you may, or may not, have noticed your setups came with (2) different lengths of "bolt studs" on the "slide plates" on left verses right side setups. The right side camber plate setups come with the re-designed long studs, and left with short. To confuse things more the earlier setups came through and shipped with BOTH short stud slide plates. Regardless, they will be shipping out new slide plates to EVERYONE once they are done production (aprox 2wks!). The length of the bolt studs on the slide plates ONLY come into play if you are running a strut brace. In my case an OEM brace. Cheers!***
NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)
Old 05-21-2019, 02:10 PM   #158
Move_Over

Drives: ISO ss 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by driven2exceSS View Post
***Okay, I talked to Jason today at Vorshlag. Some of you may, or may not, have noticed your setups came with (2) different lengths of "bolt studs" on the "slide plates" on left verses right side setups. The right side camber plate setups come with the re-designed long studs, and left with short. To confuse things more the earlier setups came through and shipped with BOTH short stud slide plates. Regardless, they will be shipping out new slide plates to EVERYONE once they are done production (aprox 2wks!). The length of the bolt studs on the slide plates ONLY come into play if you are running a strut brace. In my case an OEM brace. Cheers!***
Just ditch that strut brace, doesn't do anything anyhow lol
Move_Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 01:43 PM   #159
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
so still havent ordered mine yet but what does everybody think? and whats max camber you guys have gotten on a ss not a 1le or zl1?
Old 05-23-2019, 01:53 PM   #160
driven2exceSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
so still havent ordered mine yet but what does everybody think? and whats max camber you guys have gotten on a ss not a 1le or zl1?
IDK yet, they're installed, but I will not get in for alignment till next Weds. Lyk
Old 05-23-2019, 07:33 PM   #161
carguy55

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
What's a good front camber setting for stock tire setup? -3.0 to 3.5?
carguy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 07:52 PM   #162
driven2exceSS

Me? I'd go for the -3.5 and see how your tires look. But if you DD/Weekend cruise you may want the "happy medium" of the -3. See what others say? It kinda depends on how hard you drive and the track you drive on, to get real specific with a magic number I believe.
Old 05-24-2019, 08:13 AM   #163
Move_Over

Drives: ISO ss 1le
Everyone is different and has different camber needs. You can't go off what the next guy is using because he could have a much different driving style than you, different tracks, different tires, different brakes, etc. So keep that in mind when asking.

My stock tires were pretty badly eaten up at -2.8 at barber. I would say -3.2 is sufficient on stock tires for a fast driver, more as you go stickier. I would start around 3, and adjust from there, let your tires tell you what they need.

As far as max camber goes, i just did my alignment to -3.2 at FULL camber on the plate, and have several MM's left of adjustment at the knuckle (unforunately which i am unable to use being on 18" with a 5mm spacer, i'll be able to get a few more tenths if i space them out to 7-8mm.) I would venture to say that max camber is around -3.6 ball park with a stock setup (no other strut modifications)
Move_Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 01:26 PM   #164
carguy55

Quote:
Originally Posted by driven2exceSS View Post
I guess this means you need both sides with long studs if you want to use the strut brace? Mine are like you said long on the right and short on the left.
Old 05-24-2019, 01:40 PM   #165
driven2exceSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy55 View Post
I guess this means you need both sides with long studs if you want to use the strut brace? Mine are like you said long on the right and short on the left.
Correct. My car is a convertible and the strut brace is stock. Not like I can run with three of the four bolts on the brace because of the slide plate stud/nut. I'll most likely run without the brace and see if the car crumbles lol. I did put the short strut brace bolt in where the longer bolt would normally be to help hold the regular bracing thats on all the models (I believe). So we wait. And then go for another alignment when the longer stud slide plate(s) arrive! I guess it's a good excuse to see what changes in whatever that period of time is.
Old 05-24-2019, 03:30 PM   #166
carguy55

Please post some top side pics of them installed, thanks
Old 05-24-2019, 06:41 PM   #167
driven2exceSS

I will... But that big bearing is the caster and runs front to back. The camber is done by the slide plate while the three nuts are loosened. Standing at each fender looking into engine bay you should be able to read VORSHLAG, and if you look they are engraved with little LF and RF with arrows that point to the front of the car. I'll get a Pic after dinner.
Old 05-24-2019, 07:11 PM   #168
driven2exceSS

**Just reference pics.. not adjusted or aligned**
Attached Images