Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 05-02-2019, 07:04 PM   #57
zts1986
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT 2.0T
I should add...no CEL or anything. No tune.
zts1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 07:50 PM   #58
wookwook

Drives: 18 Camaro LS M6
nice keep us informed after you get the RC plugged in, please.
wookwook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 08:45 PM   #59
zts1986
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookwook View Post
nice keep us informed after you get the RC plugged in, please.
Will do. I’m looking forward to it.
Old 05-05-2019, 11:06 AM   #60
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by zts1986 View Post
Finally installed mine. Prior to installation, I was maxing out around 20.4 psi boost. After installation I read 22.8 psi during a short test. Feels quite a bit peppier at lower RPMs.

Why the hell doesn’t it come from the factory like this?! What a mod.

How are you reading the boost? Just curious. None the less glad you are happy so far. Maybe you’ll get lucky on the CEL, but I’m sure you’ll see it at some point. Keep us posted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 07:50 AM   #61
zts1986
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
How are you reading the boost? Just curious. None the less glad you are happy so far. Maybe you’ll get lucky on the CEL, but I’m sure you’ll see it at some point. Keep us posted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OBDII reader. Not ideal, I know. I'm considering putting a spacer with a 1/8" NPT port on the throttle body.

My RaceChip software and firmware should be updated finally this week and returned to me this weekend. I'm wondering if having that unit in will prevent CELs because of how the MAP sensor readings are modified.

Great product. Should market that sucker directly to GM. Also, nice instructional video. Followed it step-by-step (minus dropping one of the bolts in the engine bay) and it took about 15 minutes to install.
Old 05-06-2019, 08:39 AM   #62
wookwook

Let's be careful not to highjack the thread. RC is great and I emailed them about upgrading to gts during my trial period. My current thought is if the recirc valve might require a tune tweak to recalibrate "re center let's say". Can that be done safely and in isolation to the harness ecu. And optimally for less than $400 and a willing hp tunes owner?
wookwook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 10:22 AM   #63
AdamJT11

Drives: 2015 Cadillac ATS 2.0 Premium 6MT
Does anyone have a video of this valve with the stock air intake or just a silicone tube? I've seen a couple videos on YouTube but both have aftermarket intakes. I'm not a fan of the fluttering sound but I'm not sure how much of that can be attributed to the aftermarket intakes.
AdamJT11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 11:04 AM   #64
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJT11 View Post
Does anyone have a video of this valve with the stock air intake or just a silicone tube? I've seen a couple videos on YouTube but both have aftermarket intakes. I'm not a fan of the fluttering sound but I'm not sure how much of that can be attributed to the aftermarket intakes.
I sold my Mishimoto CAI for that very reason. I went with the stock airbox paired with the Mishimoto Intake tube and an aFe stock style drop in filter. The "fluttering" sound is at a perfect level now. It's very faint, not loud at all. I'll try to make a video today if I get a chance. You may not even hear it in the video though...
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 11:17 AM   #65
zts1986
Account Suspended

Stock air box, stock filter, stock intake tube...zero additional noise.
Old 05-09-2019, 08:41 AM   #66
AdamJT11

Drives: 2015 Cadillac ATS 2.0 Premium 6MT
Thanks guys. Seems like the open box intakes are probably what I'm hearing over the valve in the videos I was referring to. I'll have to give the valve a shot.
On my ATS I'm currently running an AEM drop-in filter in a cut stock box with a Mishimoto intake tube, Mishimoto DP, and Corsa catback. It gives me the perfect volume and a respectable amount of turbo noises.
AdamJT11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 09:07 AM   #67
zts1986
Account Suspended

Got my first CEL last night. Nothing that impacted performance. Cleared it right away with my OBD2 tool and away I go.
Old 05-20-2019, 04:45 PM   #68
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJT11 View Post
Here is a video with the windows down. Just a slight blow off sound. No crazy flutter.

https://youtu.be/ZJAgCNeVmCM
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 02:58 AM   #69
18i4m6

Drives: 2018 I4 M6
I've always been a fan of the Supra flutter, open box for me lol... great product thanks for making it. I've added it to my future mod list!

Some of my limited reading says flutter (which is like blowback if I understand correctly) can be bad for the turbo itself, but they are fairly easy and cheap to source and replace right?

Tinted/blackout paint everywhere/debadged
Catted Mishimoto downpipe
Mishimoto CAI
MBRP V6 axleback exhaust
Jacfab/BNR Boostolator
Racechip RS
Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's

Onstar tracking removal - pending
18i4m6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 07:16 AM   #70
wookwook