Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-12-2019, 11:24 AM   #1
ozzywsw

Drives: Camaro 16, Challenge 16, Mustang 67
Vibration at 1500 rpm, rough idle

Hi all,
I have a Camaro 2.0T with manual 6speed. I was wondering if it is normal that when the RPMs drop (car with clutch/without clutch engaged) around 1500 there is a hesitation in speed engine and engine/body shakes? I have it from the beginning (15K miles) and it does not sound ok for me. While idling, I can also feel this vibration/hesitation (identical to the one when RPM's drop and pass 1500), it happens all the time, without a clear time interval.

Do you have similar issues ? I changed the spark plugs, no change.
ozzywsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 07:38 AM   #2
cKurmaro
kurmaro

Drives: ‘17 Krypton Green 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzywsw View Post
Hi all,
I have a Camaro 2.0T with manual 6speed. I was wondering if it is normal that when the RPMs drop (car with clutch/without clutch engaged) around 1500 there is a hesitation in speed engine and engine/body shakes? I have it from the beginning (15K miles) and it does not sound ok for me. While idling, I can also feel this vibration/hesitation (identical to the one when RPM's drop and pass 1500), it happens all the time, without a clear time interval.

Do you have similar issues ? I changed the spark plugs, no change.
I have the same issue and was going to change the spark plugs because of it...
cKurmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 04:48 PM   #3
Giri
Soon to be Millionaire

Drives: Blue 2016 Camaro
Could your issue at 1500RPM be the A8 transmission shudder? Sounds like it. The idling issue might be separate, but I have that too. I'm about to DIY spark plugs and see if that fixes it.
Old 06-08-2019, 06:02 PM   #4
Gutling

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro 2.0 LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giri View Post
Could your issue at 1500RPM be the A8 transmission shudder? Sounds like it. The idling issue might be separate, but I have that too. I'm about to DIY spark plugs and see if that fixes it.
He has a manual
Gutling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 01:58 PM   #5
StPeteHyper2.0

Drives: '16 Hyper Blue 2.0
I have not experienced this in mine.. 35k miles.. modded and tuned for the last 25k miles.

How is your driving style? Are you aggressive with it. I've seen a couple guys tear up the stock clutch. Mine still seems good and I know I've burned it a few times. I'm about to put in a clutchmaster kit and I'll be able to see what the stock parts look like after 3 years. I'm mildly aggressive but I take care of the clutch and trans best I can.

If it is engine related.. I'd say make sure the maf and map sensor are clean and good and clean up the fuel injectors. Might entertain getting an engine tune up.. cleans out everything. Check for vacuum leaks. Have a compression test done
StPeteHyper2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 12:42 PM   #6
ozzywsw

Drives: Camaro 16, Challenge 16, Mustang 67
Thanks for your reply.
Changed the Spark plugs, no change. No vacuum leaks.
ozzywsw is offline   Reply With Quote