Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 09-29-2018, 06:34 AM   #15
Thandel
ATS 2.0T

Drives: 2013 Cadillac ATS
So let me just throw this out there for some feedback..
If you had this valve would you want hardline or soft line? Under the hood?
Thandel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 09:37 AM   #16
SaGa

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS 2LT I4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thandel View Post
So let me just throw this out there for some feedback..
If you had this valve would you want hardline or soft line? Under the hood?
The hardline looks amazing I want this for my car now... if I get it fixed that is
Great work!!!
SaGa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 10:20 AM   #17
Adb1lt

Drives: Black 2017 2.0
I want that valve and I would run regular soft black lines
Adb1lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 01:35 PM   #18
raflyer

Drives: 2014 Cadillac ATS 2.0T
Smoke and mirrors show all this talk of pcv and oil pouring out of IC and blown engines do to bad pcv. Snake oil I say.
raflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 02:34 PM   #19
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Drives: 18 Flex Fuel LTG
Quote:
Originally Posted by raflyer View Post
Smoke and mirrors show all this talk of pcv and oil pouring out of IC and blown engines do to bad pcv. Snake oil I say.

I don't know about oil pouring out of intercoolers or anything, But, carbon deposits and direct injection is definitely NOT smoke and mirrors. Following Thandel routing, it sure looks like he should avoid a lot of that problem

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
cooper1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 07:36 PM   #20
Thandel
ATS 2.0T

Quote:
Originally Posted by raflyer View Post

As of June 2018 you were new to this motor and still trying to figure it out.. somehow you have figured out everything about this motor and pcv system in 3 months..
You also stated that back in your Buick days you would add an electronic vacuum pump to address the issues with crankcase pressure.. yet now crankcase pressure on a turbo motor, which is going to increase crankcase pressure is no big deal no blow by to worry about.

You realize that people can look at your post history correct?

So since you are new to this motor and system you will soon find that they are all different some get a balls ton of blow by and puddle the intercooler and piping and some have none.. we are talking out of the box on these cars.

I’m not selling a product starting a business etc. I’m figuring out a solution to a problem some of us are having with our motors no matter how well cared for. So since you are new to this motor I suggest poking around the forums do some research before chiming in..
Old 09-30-2018, 07:43 AM   #21
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
As of June 2018 you were new to this motor and still trying to figure it out.. somehow you have figured out everything about this motor and pcv system in 3 months..
You also stated that back in your Buick days you would add an electronic vacuum pump to address the issues with crankcase pressure.. yet now crankcase pressure on a turbo motor, which is going to increase crankcase pressure is no big deal no blow by to worry about.

So since you are new to this motor and system you will soon find that they are all different some get a balls ton of blow by and puddle the intercooler and piping and some have none.. we are talking out of the box on these cars.

I’m not selling a product starting a business etc. I’m figuring out a solution to a problem some of us are having with our motors no matter how well cared for. So since you are new to this motor I suggest poking around the forums do some research before chiming in..
Well said, been guilty of this myself often but generally admit it or defend a point i know is true.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 08:47 AM   #22
raflyer

Drives: 2014 Cadillac ATS 2.0T
Quote:

Not going circles, just got informed quickly as when i take on a project i like to do that. I have been racing forced induction cars longer than you have been alive. Does it make me an expert? NO Just been around the block a few times. From the post you talked about i was offering information from past platforms. All cars have blow-by and forced induction are worse. So many variables to mention but, yes, it can vary car too car. After having driven the crap out of my personal car and talking to allot of people who have also raced this platform, i stand firm on my ground that this blown WAY out of proportion. Period! Again, nice project you did, looks professional, it's one off and works for you. But for others to think oh i got to have to save my motor is total BS and thats what i'm trying to get others to understand.

I did the Turbo side only and have no issues and no oil in the pipes or can. GUess i'm lucky? Not! Carry on and again, cool project
raflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 07:52 PM   #23
Thandel
ATS 2.0T

Had it out today with my son, all is running well though we didn’t do any wot runs but no CEL and best of all no leaks I can see!
Old 04-29-2019, 06:51 PM   #24
Thandel
ATS 2.0T

Well it’s been a while. I have been busy with a bunch of non ltg related stuff. However I have some good and bad news.
Bad news I have a cel on, more bad news I have no idea why I’m getting the codes I’m getting. O2 both front and rear Delayed rich to lean response. I think the intake/ intercooler is doing it.
Good news. The internal PCV valve I made is working. It’s catching some nasty stuff.
So I went ahead and made some baffling system in all the cans.
Bad news, I did not take photos because I started working on it and forgot.
Good news. I bought a second valve cover and cut it apart so I can make the valves on a bench setup instead of pulling mine out to test each one.

I’ll be installing the down pipe tomorrow, road testing Wednesday to drive my grandmother to the doctor. I’ll do some data logging then and sending it to BNR, hopefully they will be able to tune it and the codes will stop popping up.
Old 05-01-2019, 10:24 AM   #25
Thandel
ATS 2.0T

Ok I did not put the DP in yet just realized my inspection is over a year out of date.
Check engine light is off for 2 50 mile drives.. stupidity got me, had a vacuum leak at the rear top pcv. I’ll take it this weekend to get the inspection if no cel comes on by then. Then I will put the DP in and get the tune done.