Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 12-10-2018, 08:02 PM   #1
Bongos2U

Drives: Hopefully 6th gen Camaro
FORD CEO TALKS SHELBY GT500 & FUTURE OF MUSTANG (hybrid, 4 door, SUV) at Christmas Pa

Bongos2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 09:18 PM   #2
DC5

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
I sure wish that as a Christmas present, Mary Barra would issue a statement reassuring us of GM's commitment to the Camaro's future as a proper 2-door, V8-powered sports car. Instead, GM will likely discontinue the Camaro and reintroduce it as a crossover. LOL!
DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 12:17 AM   #3
Bongos2U

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5 View Post
I sure wish that as a Christmas present, Mary Barra would issue a statement reassuring us of GM's commitment to the Camaro's future as a proper 2-door, V8-powered sports car. Instead, GM will likely discontinue the Camaro and reintroduce it as a crossover. LOL!
It would be nice if Ms. Barra would issue some kind of statement re-iterating GM's commitment to the Camaro.

She would probably say Bah-humbug!... Which nick-name do you prefer for her for the holidays...Mary "Scrooge" Barra or Mary "The Grinch" Barra?

Year round nick-name for her is Machete Mary.
Old 12-11-2018, 12:20 AM   #4
Bongos2U

Hackett came off personable and likeable in this video. Whenever I see Mary on TV, it seems like she is reading off of cue cards, or a GM press release memo.
Old 12-11-2018, 03:26 AM   #5
samurai

Drives: C8 Corvette
Quote:
Remember that they said they won't introduce a 4 cyl Camaro just because Ford release the Ecoboost Mustang - One year later we got the 4 cyl Camaro
Old 12-11-2018, 06:49 AM   #6
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
GM can make great cars but they have the most inept, backwards marketing and product planning.

It's like, the engineers hand the corporate pinheads a great car on a silver platter and the pinheads try to sell us McDonalds cheeseburgers.

The engineering departments should all gang up to coup the front office. The CEO and BOD should all be engineers, no MBAs.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 10:07 PM   #7
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Amen. For that last statement you made, technically they are already halfway there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai View Post
Remember that they said they won't introduce a 4 cyl Camaro just because Ford release the Ecoboost Mustang - One year later we got the 4 cyl Camaro
You do realize Al O is the one who promised no 4 cylinder, right? This just goes to show he has been totally wrong and GM corporate has very heavy influence on making decisions for the Camaro based on what they view as market trends. I find it pretty troubling Al left for the EV department, the best feedback he could give the community was that the Camaro wasn't going anywhere "yet." Well, all that really means is they aren't going to ax a car the just face-lifted for 2019, obviously. It says nothing long term.

Also when Ford announced killing off its sedans, GM announced that they planned to continue to invest in them. Well, we just found out that was a lie. Does nobody remember this from just 4 months ago???

http://www.autonews.com/article/2018...est-in-sedans/

The unsettling reality is not even GM knows what they are doing. The Camaro could very well be dead in a year or two.

What I am about to say is going to be controversial and disliked by perhaps a large number of people here, but if I had to choose between the Camaro and Mustang fighting for a shrinking market or killing the Camaro and ensuring the Mustang can continue, I would choose to let the Camaro die at this point. I want at least one pony car to remain available for sale for the foreseeable future. The Challenger is inevitably going to die -- it's a matter of time due to its ancient platform. Some federal mandate or crash requirement will come out one day that FCA won't be able to fulfill without redesigning the car, and that could be the end of that. That's not to say they aren't planning a new Challenger, but very little info about one has surfaced outside rumors, and the shifting market could kill any plans at this point. Jeeps are way, way more profitable for them.