Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

AWE Tuning

Old 07-03-2018, 11:12 AM   #15
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtor_ZL1 View Post
People aren't buying toys when certian gov'mint forces are playing loose goose with economy.
Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazzz View Post
Sadly, if this trend continues I for one doubt we will see a next gen Camaro in the future. Only hope at this point is if the 2019 refresh is the saving grace for a large boost in the numbers shown here.
A 7th Gen will happen it's well under way as for the 8th Gen who knows at this point.
Old 07-03-2018, 11:18 AM   #16
flaps100

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0 RS
Yea that one was a stupid comment,

Camaro/Chevy/GM, do nothing to help themselves, no one I know, has a clue what the current Camaro is, they know Challenger and they kinda know Mustang. The other night at dinner, one guy said he thought they stopped making the Camaro, he said he never sees anyone advertising them. I agree, but the economy comment and trying to link that to poor sales of the Camaro is STUPID !

>>>People aren't buying toys when certian gov'mint forces are playing loose goose with economy<<<

Flaps :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidamer View Post
mustang and challenger seem to be doing fine

Last edited by flaps100; 07-03-2018 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Text
flaps100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 11:29 AM   #17
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
People aren't buying toys when certian gov'mint forces are playing loose goose with economy.
Mustang seems to be doing just fine. Consider this, even if you factor in fleet sales as @hotlap loves to Mustang would still have a retail sales lead of over 4k cars. if fleets sales are at 26%(what they were last year according to some sources)

Also the press release made sure to highlight strong consumer confidence, and having more take home pay because of tax cuts.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 11:30 AM   #18
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:

Has nothing to do with Gov. Employment levels are at an all time high, the stock market is up. The problem is Chevy is not advertising the camaro. I had someone ask me the other day what type of car it was. Dodge Challenger did not sell well either when they came back out in 2008, sales didn't start picking up until they started running those cool Dodge Bro. Commercials and sales took off. They slacked off on the ads but have continued with the performance campainge with the HC, and Demon. All they needed was some cool commercials to jumpstart the sales. Chevy can't figure that out.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 11:37 AM   #19
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Camaro is also still the most expensive in the segment if I'm not mistaken.

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 11:41 AM   #20
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
The problem is Chevy is not advertising the camaro.
Keep telling yourself that.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 11:52 AM   #21
flaps100

But he is correct, no one knows what this car is

The guys that think they know everything, don't. Without a decent ad campaign you wont sell as many cars, tons of people do not have any clue what the current Camaro is all about. That's a fact when I talk to people its apparent, one dumb ass , asked me if this was a Dodge of some sort, gee I wonder why??? ADVERTISING - GET THE WORD OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
Keep telling yourself that.
Old 07-03-2018, 11:57 AM   #22

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Camaro sales are low, but the rest of GM (and the economy) is doing fine....Using Camaro sales as an indicator of gov't policy and the economy isn't a very good argument...

In the link click on the PDF deliveries for more details...
http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/gm/h...2-gmsales.html
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 12:01 PM   #23
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
The Camaro has been back for nearly a decade. It's not like someone goes "Oh wow I didn't know the Camaro was back!?". The 6th Generation Camaro has been out and on the streets for nearly 3 years, people have had plenty of time to know what it's all about.

The reason the Camaro has not been as firestorm successful is because it's less practical and more expensive...that's it. All the advertising in the world isn't going to do anything when a person walks onto a Chevy lot, sees a Camaro SS with a sticker of $44,000, and then they get in and find the shortcomings of the car to be very apparent.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 12:05 PM   #24
brAnd7onX

Drives: 2012 1SS IOM
This should help me find a camaro later this year as there should be more on lots. We will see.

2012 Camaro SS IOM "TigreSS"
Borla "S" Catback
C.A.I. Intake
VMax Ported TB
JRE Tune
brAnd7onX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 12:05 PM   #25
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:

Don't know what u smoking but my income is up damn nearly 500% so. Speak for yourself.
Old 07-03-2018, 12:10 PM   #26
RagingHawk

Drives: Fuel efficient compact sedan :)
From my observations:

-People don't think the Camaro is 'cool to have', the car gets a lot of hate(don't ask my why)

-Dealers inventory consists mostly of expensive LT models that are near SS prices which nobody will pay for or want. Even Turbo 4's are over 30K ....

-It's less practical than competition, most consumers don't pay attention to sportiness that much or understand what differentiates the Camaro from competition. They think/believe they are getting better value with other cars

-Not the best car for overweight people. A lot of muscle car buyers happen to be hefty and want more space.
RagingHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 12:12 PM   #27
m666etal

Drives: Civic
The problem is the base models of the mustangs and challengers are still cheaper than the base Camaro. They have better deals on them as well. A lot of people may not
or cannot afford to buy a fully loaded car. Many must just be waiting for these cars to become old so they can get it very cheap as a used car.

To top it off the younger generation is really not interested in owning muscle cars.
m666etal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 12:12 PM   #28
flaps100

Wrong, and partially right.

You know, Camaro fans know, the average Joe may know the car exist, but he has no idea it drives 200% better than any Mustang or Challenger, he does not know there is a pretty affordable and pretty fast Turbo version. I don't see any shortcomings in mine and I only have the RS Turbo, could not afford more, but to me it looks better, handles better, and has plenty of power for my needs.

I don't mind the supposed shortcomings, I don't need more sun coming in and beating on my forhead :-), the view out is good enough and the small window area gives the car the bad ass look it has. I had a 2015 GT and I hated it, I drove 3 Challengers and when I turn 70 maybe?

Do I wish cheap ass GM had spent another $25.00 in padded areas for the interior, yes I do, but the dash and seats and everything looks a million times more modern and better than any Mustang or Challenger.

Need advertising to sell more fun time cars for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
The Camaro has been back for nearly a decade. It's not like someone goes "Oh wow I didn't know the Camaro was back!?". The 6th Generation Camaro has been out and on the streets for nearly 3 years, people have had plenty of time to know what it's all about.

The reason the Camaro has not been as firestorm successful is because it's less practical and more expensive...that's it. All the advertising in the world isn't going to do anything when a person walks onto a Chevy lot, sees a Camaro SS with a sticker of $44,000, and then they get in and find the shortcomings of the car to be very apparent.