Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 06-14-2017, 12:36 PM   #1
Dezines
Youtube Content Creator

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Move Headlights to Fog Light location

I am wondering if anyone has moved their headlights to the fog light location? If so How?

I purchased a Billet grill that covers the headlights, It is not a street legal mod and will fail inspection not to mention I could also get pulled over for it. I love the look so I am also looking for ways I can make it legal. The law is too clear, not going to be able to skate by on a loophole. I can't find anything in the PA or federal code concerning if I moved them to the Fog lamp location.

In order to be legal they must retain the ability to be aimed. I am thinking that a high/ low beam projector lamp could be fitted in the fog lamp location and if need be a mount could be put onto the bumper that sits behind the front fascia.

Has anyone tried something like this? What are your thoughts and ideas?
Dezines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 07:57 AM   #2
Dezines
Youtube Content Creator

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
FYI... Today I found this is not going to work... Headlamps need to be between 24-54" from the ground and I saw something that makes me believe the minimum dia has to be 5 3/4"
Dezines is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fog lights, headlight, relocating