Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 12-11-2018, 09:35 PM   #141
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
It appears there are similar reductions on Mustang’s side of town

Quote:
Ford changes result in shift reduction at Flat Rock Assembly Plant
Nov 28, 2018 Updated Dec 10, 2018

The Flat Rock Assembly Plant will see a reduction from two shifts to one shift, affecting 650 workers.

http://www.thenewsherald.com/news/fo...a19440969.html

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 11:26 PM   #142
Bosse'sBoss

Drives: '16 Camaro SS 6 spd manual transm.
Unhappy

Al O. is the genie behind the latest generations of Camaro much better designed than what the Corvette engineering department was able to do beside the great design.
Great job Al, sorry to hear that you are moving out of the Camaro division. Great luck to you and hopefully to the Camaro under the new direction.
'14 Camaro ZL1 w/. Recaro seats
'11 Mustang GT 5.0 w. track package
'02 Porsche 911 Carrera
'05 Infiniti G35 coupe sport
Bosse'sBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 04:38 AM   #143
mdhopt36

Drives: '17- 1ag37 V6 traded, for 1SS 2018!
"Where does anyone gain from EV ?? over Gas ??"
Like Emoto said, not one darn thing.
mdhopt36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 05:32 AM   #144
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdhopt36 View Post
"Where does anyone gain from EV ?? over Gas ??"
Like Emoto said, not one darn thing.

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 06:04 AM   #145
Finkleson

Drives: 16 2ss, NPP, MRC, Sunroof, Grey A8
I've already made the move to go EV, I daily drove my SS and let me say it was worth every penny switching. Tesla 3 Performance claims 450 HP 471 Torque, were as 16-19 SS is 455 HP 455 Torque.
Here few list i miss and compare
1. Exhaust sound
2. EV clearly wins on torque feel
3. Gas saving, those curious comparing price here a site i found https://www.solar-estimate.org/news/...charge-a-tesla
4. I miss those back fire sounds going down hill
5. Many more to list but its early, my brain can't function right now as its 3:10am

Overall, everyone has difference taste on vehicles. Drive whatever makes you happy and what you enjoy the most.
Attached Images

Finkleson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 06:15 AM   #146
Bosse'sBoss

Drives: '16 Camaro SS 6 spd manual transm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydriver View Post
LGR is running one shift at 33% capacity utilization. This is a death knell in the current environment. Big Al won’t say it but he’s abandoned a sinking ship for the future because, as much as he loves Camaro, he likes having a job even better.
That's completely understandable
'14 Camaro ZL1 w/. Recaro seats
'11 Mustang GT 5.0 w. track package
'02 Porsche 911 Carrera
'05 Infiniti G35 coupe sport
Bosse'sBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 07:15 AM   #147
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
I'll just drop this right here.....

Porsche has outlined the technology that will underpin the forthcoming hybrid versions of its eighth-generation 911, according to an Autocar report. The new 992 generation 911 will be offered as both a mild hybrid and a full plug-in hybrid (PHEV) at some point in its lifecycle, with the latter being the first Porsche 911 to be able to run on electric power only. The outgoing head of the 911 model line, August Achleitner, has said that the experience that the company has gained from other models will go into the 911 hybrid range. He said, “We’ve taken the experience we gained with hybrid versions of the Cayenne and Panamera, as well as the 918 Spyder, and applied it to the new 911. In the future, this will allow us to offer it with pure-electric capability.” Porsche will incorporate a disc-shaped electric motor within the rear section of its eight-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox. The company has made a new gearset for the car that is 100mm shorter than the old one, which has allowed the integration of a hybrid drivetrain, while the 911’s eight-speed PDK gearbox has a higher torque rating of over 800Nm (500 lb/ft), which will allow the drivetrain to handle the higher torque ratings delivered by hybrid powertrains.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 08:00 AM   #148
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
Ford seems committed to the Mustang.
https://www.mustang6g.com/ford-ceo-o...4-door-hybrid/

We shall see. My thought is the chopped top limited visibility, not just to the rear, and other things such as interior space and trunk opening is hurting the sales of C6. Sure hope the c7 is around and addresses some of the written concerns. Cad has the same issues. A friend of mine dumped his 2 yr 650 hp daily Cad because , just too tight in side...

The Stang is a compromise on such issues but seems to be better received. Following vintage muscle car sales, (I'm a GM guy, but close friends have original Boss/Snake 350s etc...) the mustangs have a bigger tighter following and better cared for original cars and a bigger parts support group/network...I think this translates into current Mustang sales. Some qtr milers are big on the 2019 A-10 stang…...just saying, maybe because Ford had one car the stang and GM spread folks over 4 brands and about 8-10 muscle car models?

and no EV among or crowd, "maybe" at gun point...must have a V-8
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 08:12 AM   #149
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeROC View Post
Yes sir. I see the Camaro (and Mustang) taking a similar path, as long as it continues to exist. As I said in other posts, my prediction is the 7th gen will see a hybrid option and possibly a full EV option at its refresh. I think the 8th gen Camaro, if made, will be EV. I know for a fact that Team Mustang was exploring hybrid options as early as about 10 years ago, have to imagine Team Camaro was doing the same.
They were.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 08:31 AM   #150
triggerjerk

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1
So EVs will be hard to see out of, overpriced, not advertised, and sell poorly?
triggerjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 09:25 AM   #151
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by protovack View Post
^^^
Don't worry, its already confirmed that there is a 7th gen, AND an 8th gen in the works.
Confirmed by whom? Even if they were confirmed, GM can pull the plug at any time. Take that new, exclusive 5.5L Turbo V8 that the CT6 was getting. The CT6 will cease production on 5/31/19 so this new highly touted engine will see production for maybe a couple of months, at most. For all we know, the rumors floating around that the 7th gen Camaro is already dead, could be true.

Like it or not, GM is going all in on EV and imo, that doesn't signal good things for our performance cars.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 10:07 AM   #152
oneredry
HYPER SS

Drives: 2016 Supercharged 2SS
IMO, I don't see a 8th gen Camaro. with how things are going currently with GM and this electrified war. I'm not sure. while an electrified Camaro might have the TQ, to me that's not a muscle car.
3400 status 03/07/16 TPW of 03/14/16
4200 status 03/17/16 in transit!
Delivered 03/23/16
2SS Hyper Blue | 6M | NPP | Mag ride | ceramic white Int. | Black out bow ties | P3 Gauge| Front splitter. | 6 pot upgraded brembo brakes. | Magnuson Supercharger/95MM pulley | Rotofab Intake | ZL1 side skirts | HRE FF04 wheels - Michelin PSS4 | ZL1 add ons rock guards and lift points.
| AWE touring - resinated catback with link pipes.
oneredry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 10:16 AM   #153
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
Confirmed by whom? Even if they were confirmed, GM can pull the plug at any time. Take that new, exclusive 5.5L Turbo V8 that the CT6 was getting. The CT6 will cease production on 5/31/19 so this new highly touted engine will see production for maybe a couple of months, at most. For all we know, the rumors floating around that the 7th gen Camaro is already dead, could be true.

Like it or not, GM is going all in on EV and imo, that doesn't signal good things for our performance cars.
I have to agree. GM is at a crossroad and cutting bait in other areas. Given how poorly the 19 refresh was received, I wouldn't be surprised if they did here also.

2021 is long time to ride it out waiting for the introduction of the CT5 and gen7 ...just to hope for a better reception. The Blazer was rumored for Lansing Delta and they sent it to Mexico so they aren't exactly consolidating into the Lansing area.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 10:29 AM   #154
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
I have to agree. GM is at a crossroad and cutting bait in other areas. Given how poorly the 19 refresh was received, I wouldn't be surprised if they did here also.

2021 is long time to ride it out waiting for the introduction of the CT5 and gen7 ...just to hope for a better reception. The Blazer was rumored for Lansing Delta and they sent it to Mexico so they aren't exactly consolidating into the Lansing area.
Totally pissed that they sent the Blazer to be made in Mexico. I might have bought one for my wife, but not so sure now....
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote