Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launching Discussion

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-17-2019, 12:14 AM   #1
ZL1_2017

Drives: 2017 TT ZL1 TH400
Launching M6 ZL1 on drag setup *HELP*

Before anyone beats me up on my current tire set-up I'm awaiting my slicks to come in. So as of now I'm running 17s DR MT ET Street R in the rear. But , now that's passed us. I need help.
I'm having trouble launching on off the line. I tried various RPM 2.5k -4k and either I spin or I fall on my face and sputter. I actually had a best 60' @ 1.68 and I'm hoping it can get lower with your help. I noticed from idle I can trap faster ET / MPH than from a launch with RPMs high.
Tell me what works best. I just bought a LNC2014 2step from a member haven't put it on hoping that will help. The track I run at has a slight slope so that's an unfortunate thing for my M6 car. Does anyone recommend a line lock usage.?
I dont use no nannies just because I'm not into all the buttons since at the line I have enough going on. But if someone found a way to make them work let me have it.
Looking for advice on what you found to work time and time again. Track day is Thursday so I'll be using the advice if I get it. I'll repost my slip good or bad and hopefully I can get better. Thanks
2017 TT Camaro ZL1 / TH400 / LME 416 / LME CID HEADS / Huron TT 68/71 106 / Crawford Port Injection / Holley EFI / AEROSPACE Components fronts and rears / 15" Weld Beadlocks / Torqbyte Methanol Kit / Prometh Trunk Tank / Plazmaman Intake
ZL1_2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 04:43 AM   #2
DorkMissile

Drives: 18 1SS 1LE HyperBlue
I have a 1SS 1LE with a Paxton on it, and yea the SS 1LE has the launch control on it, but it is not adjustable in RPM like the ZL1 1LE has. It is something like 4300 rpm and is right where my car makes about 600FtLbs so it is just a bunch of bad things waiting to happen if I launch it there.

I actually have the best luck launching in Sport mode, then "Competition Mode". This is pretty easy as you can leave the car in Sport (if you shut it off and start the car again and it will stay in sport), and then you just double click the traction control button. I just do this when I start the car in staging and prior to the burnout.

If your car functions the same as mine, give it a try. I have a MSD 2-Stage set at 3000-3400 depending on track conditions and do a soft drop of the clutch and get 3.2-3.4 0-60s pretty consistently on the street.
Old 07-20-2019, 06:47 PM   #3
ZL1_2017

Drives: 2017 TT ZL1 TH400
Thanks Dorkmissile for advice. I do run it in Sport Mode at the track. I seen it old posts the bog from a High HP ZL1. They also mentioned some tables not available. Some posts said they figured it out with Hptuners having access to the torque tables which it removes the protection mode of axles and so forth. Ut I cant find nothing to say do this retune and boom all clear to do bad ass 1.5 60' . Thanks for the help
2017 TT Camaro ZL1 / TH400 / LME 416 / LME CID HEADS / Huron TT 68/71 106 / Crawford Port Injection / Holley EFI / AEROSPACE Components fronts and rears / 15" Weld Beadlocks / Torqbyte Methanol Kit / Prometh Trunk Tank / Plazmaman Intake
ZL1_2017 is offline   Reply With Quote