Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 03-28-2017, 08:33 AM   #15
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by rportnoy2004 View Post
we have the peg perego primo viagio: https://us.pegperego.com/baby/primo-viaggio-4-35; and it fits just fine rear facing on the passenger side without the base, I have never tried it with the base, but i'm sure it would fit just fine with the base as well, without the base is actually safer apparently. Also, my wife is 5'9" and she fits in the front seat with the baby seat in back of her. It's a little cramped for her but ok for short trips. here's a pic:

Quote:
Originally Posted by m666etal View Post
That's music to my ears. My wife is only 5'3" - 5'4"
How is the child and the seat secured if you don't use the base?
Old 03-28-2017, 09:50 AM   #16
GirlyNFG

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS M6 w/ NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
seat belt through the seat instead of the base. just eliminates the seat being able to easily be used as a carrier. Safer because the child seat is in the bolstered seat instead of on top of it.
28"x10.5" MT ET Drag 28"x4.5" M&H fronts
PB: 9.569 @ 151.05
GirlyNFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 09:52 AM   #17
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
If it's anything like my sister in laws car seat when her daughter was in a rear facing it went like this. You could use it without the base, it was front facing and it was just kind of strapped in via the seat belt. Pretty much only for short trips or in a pinch IE if someone else had to pick her up or take her somewhere
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 11:02 AM   #18
Dfelux

Drives: 2016 SS Hyper Blue
Quote:
Front facing for toddlers?

Yes - i have a Britax Frontier, fits good. When he's bigger it converts to a booster by removing the harness apparatus.

I have another Britax, I think it's just a forward facing harness, does not convert, and it also fits.
Sounds awesome. We were thinking the boulevard or the marathon and they are smaller than that, so sounds like a win!
Dfelux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 11:25 AM   #19
alexandre_baril

Drives: 2016 2SS
Here are my advice:
  • You will put the car seat behind the smallest front driver/passenger. If you have to move that seat all the way backward, forget it, it wont work. I am 6 foot 1 and I am halfway backward, so most of the time this won't be an issue.
  • You really don't want to use a "permanent" aka Stage 1-2-3 car seat in rear facing position, you will be able to fit the car seat, but putting your baby in and out will be a pain.
  • Until your baby weight 22 pounds, you want to use a rear facing stage 1 only seat that has a detachable seat that you "slip" into a base that remains in your car. So you just have to put your baby in the seat, then split the seat in your car in a breeze. You want to buy the smallest possible one as it should not touch the passenger front seat, (unless it the seat is in steal, but I doubt you will find a steal "stage 1 only" seat). In fact I think you need a couple of inch between the two, but I am not sure exactly how much space is needed. So If you have to move your seat all the way back, it won't work.
  • When your baby weight more than 22 pounds and older than one year old, you will change the seat and put him in a 1-2-3 car seat in front facing position.
  • You want to avoid stage 2 only seat. You may be tempted to buy one because they look smaller, but don't do that. You want a seat that will work as long as your child needs a seat. Most have very short belt that wont work when your child will grow, especially when you extent the seat. I tried many stage 2 only seat like britax, perrego, etc and all had some issues, short belt, you have to remove the base, etc

I found the following seat in Baby R us that is almost perfect, the Diono Radian rXT Convertible car seat.
  • It is in steal.
  • It is one of the narrower seat you can buy.
  • It fits as is, you don't have to remove the base to make if fit.
  • It will work until your child don't need a seat anymore (at some point you will switch for a small booster)
  • You can even use this seat in rear facing position and move the passenger seat back as much as you can. The Diono seat can touch the passenger seat as it is in steal. I really don't recommend that, but you can do it.

I went to Baby R us and they let me try as many seat in my car as I want, so I really recommend going into a place where you can try before buying.

Last edited by alexandre_baril; 03-28-2017 at 11:55 AM.
alexandre_baril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 11:46 AM   #20
Android42019
The Black Emerald

Drives: '17 ZL1, '08 Trailblazer, '11 1LTRS
Well sadly your passenger will have to give up some leg room but I've used these 2 systems so far.

Infant carrier:
http://www.target.com/p/graco-snug-r...Q&gclsrc=aw.ds

Convertible Seat(does not remove): https://m.toysrus.com/product/index....uctId=58393916 We have 2 of this one and it's been great.
Old 03-28-2017, 06:56 PM   #21
xX-MIKE-Xx

Drives: '16 Camaro SS
I use this seat. It fits behind the passenger seat if you move it forward, but the back seat still kept the car seat angled too far up so I put the base in the middle using the two inner anchors. Then you can move the front seats back as far as you want. Plus I feel better/safer having him in the middle.
http://www.gracobaby.com/products/pa...seat-bleu.aspx
xX-MIKE-Xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 10:14 AM   #22
m666etal

Drives: Civic
Quote:
Originally Posted by xX-MIKE-Xx View Post
I use this seat. It fits behind the passenger seat if you move it forward, but the back seat still kept the car seat angled too far up so I put the base in the middle using the two inner anchors. Then you can move the front seats back as far as you want. Plus I feel better/safer having him in the middle.
http://www.gracobaby.com/products/pa...seat-bleu.aspx
Any pictures?
m666etal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 11:04 AM   #23
Dfelux

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandre_baril View Post
Here are my advice:
  • You will put the car seat behind the smallest front driver/passenger. If you have to move that seat all the way backward, forget it, it wont work. I am 6 foot 1 and I am halfway backward, so most of the time this won't be an issue.
  • You really don't want to use a "permanent" aka Stage 1-2-3 car seat in rear facing position, you will be able to fit the car seat, but putting your baby in and out will be a pain.
  • Until your baby weight 22 pounds, you want to use a rear facing stage 1 only seat that has a detachable seat that you "slip" into a base that remains in your car. So you just have to put your baby in the seat, then split the seat in your car in a breeze. You want to buy the smallest possible one as it should not touch the passenger front seat, (unless it the seat is in steal, but I doubt you will find a steal "stage 1 only" seat). In fact I think you need a couple of inch between the two, but I am not sure exactly how much space is needed. So If you have to move your seat all the way back, it won't work.
  • When your baby weight more than 22 pounds and older than one year old, you will change the seat and put him in a 1-2-3 car seat in front facing position.
  • You want to avoid stage 2 only seat. You may be tempted to buy one because they look smaller, but don't do that. You want a seat that will work as long as your child needs a seat. Most have very short belt that wont work when your child will grow, especially when you extent the seat. I tried many stage 2 only seat like britax, perrego, etc and all had some issues, short belt, you have to remove the base, etc

I found the following seat in Baby R us that is almost perfect, the Diono Radian rXT Convertible car seat.
  • It is in steal.
  • It is one of the narrower seat you can buy.
  • It fits as is, you don't have to remove the base to make if fit.
  • It will work until your child don't need a seat anymore (at some point you will switch for a small booster)
  • You can even use this seat in rear facing position and move the passenger seat back as much as you can. The Diono seat can touch the passenger seat as it is in steal. I really don't recommend that, but you can do it.

I went to Baby R us and they let me try as many seat in my car as I want, so I really recommend going into a place where you can try before buying.

You have us really intrigued with this seat now. Any chance you used it rear facing as well with all different angles needed?
Old 03-29-2017, 11:37 AM   #24
alexandre_baril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfelux View Post
You have us really intrigued with this seat now. Any chance you used it rear facing as well with all different angles needed?
Unfortunately I never tried it rear facing, I was not using that seat when rear facing, I was using a Graco stage 1 only seat like the one mentionned above. But if you want to use the Diono rear facing, you have a small base you attached the seat to (not in picture), to incline the seat. The passenger will not have much room, as with any rear facing seat really. At least the Diono is allowed to brace with the front seat, it is one of the few one that is allowed to brace. This is giving as chance. With the Diono you would have to only buy one seat and it would probably not be that bad, but this is not what I did as mentioned above.

My girlfriend is 5'1, so I had no problems when rear facing, but she was moving the seat almost all the way to the front, maybe 2 inch left. Expect that with almost any rear facing seat, unless you don't mind bracing seats together.
Old 03-29-2017, 11:48 AM   #25
Android42019
The Black Emerald

Drives: '17 ZL1, '08 Trailblazer, '11 1LTRS
Here's a pic of mine in the car, wife sits up further than necessary but yeah.
Attached Images

Old 03-29-2017, 01:41 PM   #26
Dfelux

Thanks for all the help everybody, this is awesome info! We're planning a stop at a babies r us to see what all will work, so this is good info to go armed with. Worst case a rear facing isn't too practical and we use the wife's vehicle til baby is front facing after several months. Least I know there are options now
Old 03-29-2017, 02:08 PM   #27
alexandre_baril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfelux View Post
Thanks for all the help everybody, this is awesome info! We're planning a stop at a babies r us to see what all will work, so this is good info to go armed with. Worst case a rear facing isn't too practical and we use the wife's vehicle til baby is front facing after several months. Least I know there are options now
Good, but remember before front facing, baby must weight 22 pounds and be 1 year old. 1 year is long!

I would say worst case, you have to buy 2 different seats or you can find a stage 1-2-3 seat that is not too bad to use while rear facing, like the Diono.

Baby R us should let you try as many seats as you want before buying. Let us know!
Old 03-29-2017, 02:26 PM   #28
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Drives: '16 2SS & '15 Subaru Forester
Some people have shown pictures of getting a Rear Facing Seat into our cars but it looks ridiculous and you really need to have a short wife that still doesn't mind being crammed forward into the dash (which is dangerous for her). Seriously, you can do it but you SHOULDN'T do it other than for emergencies.

You will learn in short time, if you try to do it on the regular, your wife will want to kill you or you will just hate the hell out of it compared to using her FJ Cruiser. Seriously, get a Chevy SS.

I wouldn't run a Camaro for daily kid hauling until they get into front facing seats at least but even better when they switch to booster seats because they can buckle themselves in. I imagine having to do a baby seat and getting my girl in there and all buckled up...just makes my back hurt thinking about it.
-1st Car to have the "full" SEMA High Performance Graphics kit from 6LEDesigns.
-1st Car to have the 6LEDesigns Blade Spoiler.
-Borla S-Type w/ custom H-Pipe
-Procharger P-1X Stage 2
bpang1234 is offline   Reply With Quote