Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-16-2019, 03:53 PM   #393
iosigma

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, 1991 Camaro RS
Update on my install. Installed my MPTB per instruction. Had third drive at or above 44 mph yesterday. The throttle gets a little smoother each time I drive it. I know it is still learning and I am expecting this to get better. On a side note, RPM's seem limitless under acceleration. Seems likes there's no redline!As others have noted the car does feel lighter. Combined with my rotofab cai and coral exhaust. This thing is breathing right now!
iosigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 08:12 PM   #394
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
Like I said in an earlier post. After looking at the cool Dodge Challenger Muscletown ad I went by the Local dealer yesterday to look at some. I looked at a 392 6 speed scatpak. Nice looking car. This car throttle has absolutely no lag in throttle response. It blips like a 69' 426 Hemi. On par with a cable/carb setup. Will this Soler setup allow our cars to do the same? By the way this was the 485hp with the Tremec trans. Was a really nice ride.

P.S. Last weekend I looked at a Corvette Sting Ray, it had terrible throttle blip. Mushy with no snap in the Rev. Not sure why Chevy is doing this. Is this to save on gas mileage? Whats the purpose?
I have a 2016 Challenger Hellcat 6 speed and I agree with you 100%. The throttle response on my Hellcat is incredible. That thing blips the throttle as soon as you touch the gas pedal.
It’s hard to believe it’s not a cable/carb setup throttle, that’s how good it is.

The stock throttle on the LT4 is a nightmare in comparison. It lags, sometimes it doesn’t even do anything (it’s just a dead pedal). Very unpredictable.

To answer your two questions. I just drove my Zl1 1LE 6 speed with the Soler today for the first time. Although I didn’t get on it hard and I didn’t do a lot of throttle blips because I’m still in the relearning window I can say there is a positive improvement. EVERY TIME I started from a stop the throttle responded accordingly. There was no dead pedal and no lag, not even once in the entire 30 mile trip and I got caught in quite a bit of stop and go traffic.

There was an instance when I got a little bit of lag as I was coming to a stop I pressed the clutch and blipped the throttle. But even the amount of lag I experienced was no where near the stock unit.

I anticipate that the more I drive the car the better the Soler TB is going to perform. I am yet to read about anyone having a bad experience with the Soler.

Your second question....... No one knows why GM did this. Some claim it’s to protect the drivetrain, others claim it’s for better gas mileage and others say it’s because the throttle body that GM chose is a “parts bin special” which doesn’t marry up well with the high performance demands of the LT4 and LT1 motors.

Either way, it sucks in its stock form. Luckily it’s an easy/cheap fix.
Imagine how frustrated I was every time I went from my Hellcat to my Camaro night and day driving experience.

The Soler should put an end to that.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 08:21 PM   #395
Alain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC View Post
...and it is a brand new one! Thank you very much for your patience.
Mike 2 questions.

1- I got stuck in some stop and go traffic today as I was doing my first drive of the relearn process. Because of this I wasn’t able to drive above the 44 MPH recommended in the instructions for a portion of the drive. Should I start the relearn process again?

2- do we have to add any notes to the shipping label (or put a note inside the box) when we return our stock TB to you?

I’m getting ready to send mine back tomorrow.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Old 07-16-2019, 09:05 PM   #396
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Drives: 2015 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain View Post
Mike 2 questions.

1- I got stuck in some stop and go traffic today as I was doing my first drive of the relearn process. Because of this I wasn’t able to drive above the 44 MPH recommended in the instructions for a portion of the drive. Should I start the relearn process again?

2- do we have to add any notes to the shipping label (or put a note inside the box) when we return our stock TB to you?

I’m getting ready to send mine back tomorrow.
Hi, Alain. Thank you much for your words. No need to restart relearn, do that part when the opportunity presents, sounds like you have had a good start.

As long as we can see your name on the label or anywhere else, or any other info that we can link to your order, you should be fine.
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 06:59 AM   #397
Alain

Quote:
Hi, Alain. Thank you much for your words. No need to restart relearn, do that part when the opportunity presents, sounds like you have had a good start.

As long as we can see your name on the label or anywhere else, or any other info that we can link to your order, you should be fine.
Thank you for the quick answer ! I’ll ship mine out today.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

Old 07-17-2019, 07:22 AM   #398
beedo

Drives: 18 2SS 1LE NFG
Guess I'm going to order one, read over half the thread and nothing negative said. Do you do same day delivery like Amazon lol!
beedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 11:06 AM   #399
CamaroVille

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS M6
Question Relearn Instructions

I am getting ready to order one of these and I have a question...

In reference to the "Relearn-and-Test-Instructions-Rev-NEW-V5.pdf" document found on the FAQ section of www.solerengineering.com...

Test and Re-learn Instructions (Procedure B) - Step 3 Says "Start engine and allow engine to idle at 650 RPM for three additional minutes and until redline
has retracted to 6500 RPM.
"

I have a 2018 2SS and the redline is printed on the tachometer at 6500 RPM. Does this only apply to the ZL1? or am I missing something?
Built 6/21/18 -- Purchased 7/28/18
CamaroVille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 12:07 PM   #400
Marco Falcone

Drives: 2018 2SS Convertible MBM/Kal
Has anyone paired the Soler TB with a properly ported OEM Intake manifold?

I want to add a ported OEM IM and a Roto, but just wondering if anyone has done it and what they think.

ALSO: Had my Soler TB on my car for over a week now/about 200 miles. Love it. No CELS, no issues.

Don’t delay, buy a Soler TODAY!
2018 2SS Vert. MBM/Kalahari. MRR FS01’s with 285/305 MPS4S. Black Bow ties, A8, MRC, NPP, 6-piston Brembo’s w/ matching rears, OEM Ground Effects/Splash Guards, 8”/Nav. Borla S-type, Pray IM/TB, RotoFab.

Past DD’s of note:
2013 Caprice PPV. (“Company” car.)
1998 Cadillac STS
1996 Impala SS
1969 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1993 Corvette
1991 Mustang 5.0 LX
1973 Alfa Romeo Spider
1986 Mustang GT T-top
1964 Falcon Sprint Hardtop. (First car, still have the key!)
Marco Falcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 12:21 PM   #401
grampa_ss

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroVille View Post

In reference to the "Relearn-and-Test-Instructions-Rev-NEW-V5.pdf" document found on the FAQ section of www.solerengineering.com...

Test and Re-learn Instructions (Procedure B) - Step 3 Says "Start engine and allow engine to idle at 650 RPM for three additional minutes and until redline
"

I have a 2018 2SS and the redline is printed on the tachometer at 6500 RPM. Does this only apply to the ZL1? or am I missing something?
I'm with you...I do not understand this step either.
Old 07-17-2019, 01:31 PM   #402
EMTNLSS

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:

"

This is for corvettes only. They have a digital tachometer and the redline gets higher as the engine warms up.

I just waited 3min and then continued on with the steps on my SS.

Current Mods: Catch Can | aFe Lowering Springs | GM 2nd Gen Splitter | Hotchkis Sway Bars | MRR FS02 Wheels | Flowmaster Exhaust | Dark Tail Lights | Diode Dynamics Sidemarkers | Roto Fab | Solar TB | PRAY Ported IM | BMR | PRAY Tune

Upcoming Mods:
EMTNLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 02:17 PM   #403
grampa_ss

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Thank you
Old 07-17-2019, 02:32 PM   #404
Nitefall17

Drives: Camaro 1SS A8 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Falcone View Post
Has anyone paired the Soler TB with a properly ported OEM Intake manifold?

I want to add a ported OEM IM and a Roto, but just wondering if anyone has done it and what they think.

ALSO: Had my Soler TB on my car for over a week now/about 200 miles. Love it. No CELS, no issues.

Don’t delay, buy a Soler TODAY!
I have this set-up and it runs great, it brings it all together.
Nitefall17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 05:27 PM   #405
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Drives: 2015 Corvette Stingray
Quote:

"

Hi, Camaroville. Thanks for your order. Yes, that applies to Corvette 7's. What I'm trying to say is; let the car warm-up, for in the next step you have to rev to 4000 rpm and it is better if the engine is at optimum operating temp.

I'm collecting all critiques and will be updating instructions soon so they make sense to all applicable cars.

Thanks,
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 08:07 AM   #406
CamaroVille

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Hi, Camaroville. Thanks for your order. Yes, that applies to Corvette 7's. What I'm trying to say is; let the car warm-up, for in the next step you have to rev to 4000 rpm and it is better if the engine is at optimum operating temp.

I'm collecting all critiques and will be updating instructions soon so they make sense to all applicable cars.

Thanks,

Thank you to EMTNLSS and Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC for your quick responses. I didn't know about that the Corvette 7. It's seems to be another great idea and yet another thing that I have learned on the Camaro6 forum.
Built 6/21/18 -- Purchased 7/28/18
CamaroVille is offline   Reply With Quote