Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 07-17-2019, 10:56 AM   #15
my1stchevy

Drives: 2016 Camaro HBM 2SS NPP MRC
I traded up to the SS model at the end of my lease.

Dings
a few dents smaller then a nickel (not caused by me)
no scratches through the paint
car had 9k miles with no hard driving
no interior damage

1. dropped the leased Camaro off at the dealership i decided to get my Camaro SS from

2. told them i was not using it towards the upgrade (equity)

3. got a letter in the mail maybe 1 month later about how the car would be assessed (there was a fee of something, couple hundred)

4. maybe 5 months later i got a check for the positive equity in the car (minus the fee mentioned in #3)
my1stchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 12:18 PM   #16
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
if you're buying from another company trade in your camaro. No $395 turn in fee and you wont have to fix anything. Ford and Chrysler have deals to get you out of other manufacturers leases and into theirs.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 12:20 PM   #17
JCunningham

Quote:
Originally Posted by my1stchevy View Post
I traded up to the SS model at the end of my lease.

Dings
a few dents smaller then a nickel (not caused by me)
no scratches through the paint
car had 9k miles with no hard driving
no interior damage

1. dropped the leased Camaro off at the dealership i decided to get my Camaro SS from

2. told them i was not using it towards the upgrade (equity)

3. got a letter in the mail maybe 1 month later about how the car would be assessed (there was a fee of something, couple hundred)

4. maybe 5 months later i got a check for the positive equity in the car (minus the fee mentioned in #3)
did you buy a new or used SS. the fee is if you dont buy or lease a new GM.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
Old 07-17-2019, 02:44 PM   #18
solobaric

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
Subscribed!
Old 07-17-2019, 03:02 PM   #19
JCunningham

just so you know if you want to subscribe you can also go to thread tool at the top of the post and click subscribe.
Old 08-09-2019, 08:22 AM   #20
CamaroBruno

Drives: 16 Mosaic Black: 1LT; RS; NPP; Bose
Hey all, thanks for the info here. The day is just about here to turn in my baby. The tires are my only concern at this point. The originals all BARELY make the minimum tread requirement but they are somewhat cracked and not in great shape. I’ve got a buddy at a tire shop. What do I do?

A) take pics of the tread measurement tool on each tire proving their depth when I turn it in and wait for them to invoice me and cross my fingers and/or fight it?
B) Get cheapie tires before I turn it in. If so, do they have to match the original tires brand/size/etc or can I slap some super cheap all-seasons on there and call it a day? The original tires are Goodyear F1 Asymmetrical run flats (245/40R20).

Thanks again!
CB
- Black Bowties, NPP "Fuse delete", Vitesse Throttle Controller

Last edited by CamaroBruno; 08-09-2019 at 08:32 AM.
CamaroBruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 08:37 AM   #21
CamaroBruno

Drives: 16 Mosaic Black: 1LT; RS; NPP; Bose
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroBruno View Post
Hey all, thanks for the info here. The day is just about here to turn in my baby. The tires are my only concern at this point. The originals all BARELY make the minimum tread requirement but they are somewhat cracked and not in great shape. I’ve got a buddy at a tire shop. What do I do?

A) take pics of the tread measurement tool on each tire proving their depth when I turn it in and wait for them to invoice me and cross my fingers and/or fight it?
B) Get cheapie tires before I turn it in. If so, do they have to match the original tires brand/size/etc or can I slap some super cheap all-seasons on there and call it a day? The original tires are Goodyear F1 Asymmetrical run flats (245/40R20).

Thanks again!
CB
Update: my buddy can do the F1’s for $800 total, installed. Seems like maybe the way to go?
- Black Bowties, NPP "Fuse delete", Vitesse Throttle Controller
CamaroBruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 09:34 AM   #22
VinnAY
Account Suspended

Drives: 18 1SS/1LE
I would let the leasing company inspect and assess it, it may pass their inspection as is. It won't matter what you measure the tread at, their inspection is the beginning and the end of that.
VinnAY is offline   Reply With Quote