Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 07-10-2019, 10:50 PM   #1
lonewolf411

Drives: 2016 2SS
Coasting down in gear thump/clunk

I have a 2016 SS M6 with 34k miles. I have noticed that while in gear when
I get to a certain mph I can feel the car clunk. For example, in 5th gear as Im coasting down from 60 mph without downshifting I can feel the car thump as I get to 42 mph mark. Its only one thump as it gets below that mph but it will do that in every gear at a certain mph. Its kind of hard to explain through a message I know. Any hints would be highly appreciated. Thanks!
lonewolf411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 06:45 AM   #2
mrgoodbytes

Drives: '18 2SS/EU (+Recaros) M6 Red Hot
How many rpms is the engine running in 6th gear at 42mph? My first guess would be that the engine is lugging and you need to downshift to fifth, maybe even fourth gear at that speed.
mrgoodbytes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 07:46 AM   #3
Captain J

Drives: 2017 V6 RS Covertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgoodbytes View Post
How many rpms is the engine running in 6th gear at 42mph? My first guess would be that the engine is lugging and you need to downshift to fifth, maybe even fourth gear at that speed.
Yep. I've had several manual tranny vehicles. They all did this. My question is why would you not downshift?
Captain J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 01:13 PM   #4
lonewolf411

Drives: 2016 2SS
I usually find myself only doing this while coasting into an EZ-Pass lane while trying to find the pass in the center console. I dont let it coast like that all the time. Thank you for the input, I will downshift now that I know what the problem was...me.
lonewolf411 is offline   Reply With Quote