Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-31-2020, 02:43 PM   #29
Redlinez
Shifts under load

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE rally green
^ Dang it! Thank you. I know the previous Conti that it replaced had a really sucky sidewall. My 2015 Mustang GT PP drove like crap compared to the Pirellis.
Redlinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 04:23 PM   #30
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlinez View Post
^ Dang it! Thank you. I know the previous Conti that it replaced had a really sucky sidewall. My 2015 Mustang GT PP drove like crap compared to the Pirellis.
Don't get me wrong, the Continentals are Ok, but you do give up some feedback and input. I haven't tried the Michelins yet, but they are rated above the Conti's, so I would think you would get a little more input response and feedback closer to the GY's.
Old 07-31-2020, 04:53 PM   #31
Redlinez
Shifts under load

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE rally green
Pretty much know I'm going with Goodyears or Michelins. Probably be Goodyears the first time just due to cost. It does suck in serious ran, same as my 17 Camaro SS did on those runflats. But turn in feel and handling are so good.
Redlinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 05:30 PM   #32
Trak-Toy

Drives: 2023 SS 1LE
Welcome to the 1LE owners club! As you’re finding out, this car is simply brilliant. The price point makes it even that much sweeter!
Trak-Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 12:24 AM   #33
JROC
Account Suspended

Drives: 19 Camaro SS 1LE, 03 Ford Lightning
Congrats.

I've got to be honest when I first bought my 1LE I thought the SC3 were scary bad tires in the rain. As I've learned to deal with the car as a DD in the southeast, I gotten to where I find then acceptable rain tires for this class of car. Compared to 95% of other street tires these things suck in heavy rain, but compared to SS 1LE 95% of other cars suck at handling so like with most performance cars it a compromise.

You just need to drive on the cautious side of things in the rain with them. Things like don't speed too much, don't follow closely, watch for standing water on the road, etc. If you know the roads your on and where the high water spots are then it's not to bad really. I used to DD a modded Terminator with 315 555R's (more like a 285/295 in reality) and was fine with them when driving with caution in the rain. I find the SC3's to be a better rain tire than the old 555R's were.

BTW my car's at about 7,300 miles and I'm thinking I'll get 11-12K out of them judging by how they've worn so far. But we'll see. I don't want to jump the gun making tire mileage claim I can't back up.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote