Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 09-25-2018, 12:34 PM   #71
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
This—rocky road icecream is delicious now and then, not every day. Very subjective , of course.
Would be nice to have 2 cars, but that is not an option for most people.

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 12:43 PM   #72
pippo

Drives: Camaro 1SS 1LE
Hi there! very interesting post, let me give my honest advise:
i live in Montreal and daily drive my 2018 1ss 1le, amazing car on track and on the street.
I own couple of other cars an alfa 4C with mods and a 360 modena. i cant drive the 4C in the cold winter but drove the 360 in December before heavy snow.
The camaro is amazing, i love it and get excited to drive it each time! my wife learned how to drive manual and she loves her!! so much car for the money!
you can daily drive anything as long as you have a good ground clearing, plus the 1le is so advanced with ELSD, so much fun!!! winter tires arent cheap but if you invest in them you will have so so so so much fun!!!!!!! the spirit of the Camaro is that fun you can get anywhere, anytime! i ll daily drive it even if i move to Antarctica!
Go for it, life is too short, to drive boring cars!!!
be safe
pippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 01:33 PM   #73
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
Would be nice to have 2 cars, but that is not an option for most people.
Very true. A couple years ago a bought an 15yo truck. It is dd and makes hauling a Mtn bike and camping easy for me.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 02:09 PM   #74
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by pippo View Post
Hi there! very interesting post, let me give my honest advise:
i live in Montreal and daily drive my 2018 1ss 1le, amazing car on track and on the street.
I own couple of other cars an alfa 4C with mods and a 360 modena. i cant drive the 4C in the cold winter but drove the 360 in December before heavy snow.
The camaro is amazing, i love it and get excited to drive it each time! my wife learned how to drive manual and she loves her!! so much car for the money!
you can daily drive anything as long as you have a good ground clearing, plus the 1le is so advanced with ELSD, so much fun!!! winter tires arent cheap but if you invest in them you will have so so so so much fun!!!!!!! the spirit of the Camaro is that fun you can get anywhere, anytime! i ll daily drive it even if i move to Antarctica!
Go for it, life is too short, to drive boring cars!!!
be safe
Nice stable!

I once had a job where I had to commute ~20 miles each way. It was almost entirely in heavy traffic and there was no way around it. I'm talking Stapleton area of Denver for those who know. It sucks.

TBH, I'd take an econo car with an auto, small size and better visibility for that drive anytime. With a SS, there'd be no reason or opportunity to exceed 2k rpms. Why bother?

As for the comment that most can't afford 2 cars, with leases around $100-200/month the savings on gas, tires and brakes would more than pay for the car in many commute situations so it's possible it's actually cheaper to own 2 cars. When I was working in the Stapleton area my boss drove from somewhere around Evergreen (over an hour drive) in his f'in Tahoe. He was an idiot imo. He could have been driving a brand new car, saving miles on his $$$ Tahoe, saving money and using MUCH less gas all at the same time.
DaveC113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 11:06 PM   #75
18SS1LE

Drives: Black 2021 ZLE 10AT
I daily a BRZ and weekend the SS 1LE
18SS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 01:13 PM   #76
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC113 View Post
Nice stable!

I once had a job where I had to commute ~20 miles each way. It was almost entirely in heavy traffic and there was no way around it. I'm talking Stapleton area of Denver for those who know. It sucks.

TBH, I'd take an econo car with an auto, small size and better visibility for that drive anytime. With a SS, there'd be no reason or opportunity to exceed 2k rpms. Why bother?

As for the comment that most can't afford 2 cars, with leases around $100-200/month the savings on gas, tires and brakes would more than pay for the car in many commute situations so it's possible it's actually cheaper to own 2 cars. When I was working in the Stapleton area my boss drove from somewhere around Evergreen (over an hour drive) in his f'in Tahoe. He was an idiot imo. He could have been driving a brand new car, saving miles on his $$$ Tahoe, saving money and using MUCH less gas all at the same time.
I agree with this. I commute A LOT and when I first get a new nice car I drive the crap out of it, 18 ss 1le has 27k (19k in the first year) miles 19 gt has 18k miles, after the first year I usually calm it down to save on consumables and put less miles on. Even if you don't want to lease a 2nd cheap car there are plenty of cheap shitboxes out there. I alternate most of the daily driving with my Miatas and family vehicle zr2.

I think it ends up being quite a bit cheaper in the long run considering cost of gas, consumables, and depreciation. Though insurance might get ya lol.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 01:39 PM   #77
Brudda*Termite

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Living in Laredo, I doubt you'd have winter tire issues. That'd be the only consideration that I would think of. I have 1LE wheels and associated size tires and drive it daily, can't be that much different than a true 1LE. I'm old and its comfortable...
Old 08-11-2020, 01:42 PM   #78
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
I agree with this. I commute A LOT and when I first get a new nice car I drive the crap out of it, 18 ss 1le has 27k (19k in the first year) miles 19 gt has 18k miles, after the first year I usually calm it down to save on consumables and put less miles on. Even if you don't want to lease a 2nd cheap car there are plenty of cheap shitboxes out there. I alternate most of the daily driving with my Miatas and family vehicle zr2.

I think it ends up being quite a bit cheaper in the long run considering cost of gas, consumables, and depreciation. Though insurance might get ya lol.
That's exactly the case for me. The insurance for a beater costs too much to justify the gas and consumable savings.

For some of the closer distance commuting, I use my bicycle. Good exercise and finding a parking spot is a lot easier for a bicycle.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 04:54 PM   #79
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by marco0418(last activity: 10-3-2018) View Post
Hey guys, I was wondering what were y’all thoughts on daily driving a 2ss 1LE? I’m saving up to make my purchase in the spring but could use some feedback and the pros and cons of daily driving a 1LE. I’m new to the forum and it would be my first sports car purchase so please take it easy on me.
It can be done easily, but I would not subject a car I liked to daily driving any kind of commute in this region of the country. That's why Toyota makes shitboxes.
Old 08-12-2020, 06:50 AM   #80
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Maybe I'm just lucky, but since COVID, I'm a purely recreational driver. Prior to COVID I was averaging about 19,000 miles a year on the road between taking the kids to school and driving to work three days a week.

Since March I have probably put at most 3,000 miles on my 1LE, all of them recreational.

The driving kids to school part may come back at least until the end of this school year. After that my 15 year old turns 16 and gets his new Mustang (assuming he keeps up the straight As this year). At that point he'll be driving himself and his siblings to school.

I don't think my work commute will ever come back and I don't miss it.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 11:18 AM   #81
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
Maybe I'm just lucky, but since COVID, I'm a purely recreational driver. Prior to COVID I was averaging about 19,000 miles a year on the road between taking the kids to school and driving to work three days a week.

Since March I have probably put at most 3,000 miles on my 1LE, all of them recreational.

The driving kids to school part may come back at least until the end of this school year. After that my 15 year old turns 16 and gets his new Mustang (assuming he keeps up the straight As this year). At that point he'll be driving himself and his siblings to school.

Same. Working from home is great.

Saves so much money in gas, tires, even my insurance has been cut in half with lowering my annual mileage and the discounts they are offering.

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 02:25 PM   #82
Matos1LE

Drives: SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
Same! Losing the commute is the best part of this whole situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
That's exactly the case for me. The insurance for a beater costs too much to justify the gas and consumable savings.

For some of the closer distance commuting, I use my bicycle. Good exercise and finding a parking spot is a lot easier for a bicycle.
Canada must be very different. Basic PIP on a beater is peanuts down here.
Matos1LE is offline   Reply With Quote