Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 12-15-2017, 12:34 PM   #15
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by marknagy13 View Post
Why not just do headers and a mid pipe in to the stock NPP if you really need the function?
That is what I have ARH long system going into the stock NPP.

The tone is not as nice as stock but much louder. This setup makes me run full time Stealth on the street. I only let the flaps open at the track where the sound is really loud and blatty. Some say they like it, but I am not among them. Opening the flaps seems to give me a tenth so open it is.

I am thinking of adding a NPP catback from one of the few available for a nicer tone. ARH will not budge on making one. They say their quad tip is the same as having NPP. LOL.

On my fifth gen NPPs I added a Flowmaster resonator which was the trick back then with NPP. But I do not want to chop up my priceless ARH tubing.

This is all making me think I might take off the LTs and go back to a stock exhaust. I would lose a around 1.5 Tenths with the 15 RWHP LTs give you. I think I would drive the car more often with that setup. I could still hit 11s with M6, so no big deal.

If you have an A8 you do not need LTs to run 10s. How fast do you want to go? Just sayin.
Old 12-15-2017, 05:13 PM   #16
jimmypop13

Drives: 2016 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
That is what I have ARH long system going into the stock NPP.

The tone is not as nice as stock but much louder. This setup makes me run full time Stealth on the street. I only let the flaps open at the track where the sound is really loud and blatty. Some say they like it, but I am not among them. Opening the flaps seems to give me a tenth so open it is.

I am thinking of adding a NPP catback from one of the few available for a nicer tone. ARH will not budge on making one. They say their quad tip is the same as having NPP. LOL.

On my fifth gen NPPs I added a Flowmaster resonator which was the trick back then with NPP. But I do not want to chop up my priceless ARH tubing.

This is all making me think I might take off the LTs and go back to a stock exhaust. I would lose a around 1.5 Tenths with the 15 RWHP LTs give you. I think I would drive the car more often with that setup. I could still hit 11s with M6, so no big deal.

If you have an A8 you do not need LTs to run 10s. How fast do you want to go? Just sayin.
Do you have high flow cats? I have stainless works headers with high flow cats and x-pipe into the stock muffler and I was surprised that it's really not that much louder and it's still whisper quiet in stealth mode
jimmypop13 is offline   Reply With Quote