#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 04-11-2018, 05:52 PM   #15
Dethsupp0rt

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT ZL1 View Post
I would def put it back to stock if it was me u dont want to give any car manufacturer the opportunity to come up with some bs to void a warranty.
Shit even take out after market mats
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modern07 View Post
Defo take off the CAI - not even worth the risk.

As long as you weren't tuned for it should be fine
ECU has never been touched, for this very reason.

I did put the stock box back on today during lunch. Will get it to the dealer eventually.
Dethsupp0rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 06:01 PM   #16
nighttowl
Sarcasm loading --------

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...-to-the-track/

"We know when somebody changes their ECM calibration and we know if they changed to a cold-air intake, we can tell all that. But driving it as you break it in from the dealership, if you have a half-shaft or whatever, it's covered."

I hope they get it fixed for you.
This exact quote from chevrolet chief engineer Al Oppenhieser is the reason I have not modded anything on my car.

2018 MBM ZL1 1LE - Stock
2014 CRT ZL1 574 rwhp, 537 rwtq - SOLD
2010 IBM SS Camaro VVT L99 w/ TR6060 swap, 489 rwhp, 444 rwtq - SOLD
nighttowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 06:15 PM   #17
VAZL1

Drives: 17 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethsupp0rt View Post
I cleared the code, it's still not running right.
I wouldn't start it again until a GM tech looks at it. Have it transported to the dealer, should be covered under warranty.
Old 04-13-2018, 08:54 AM   #18
Jmueller

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 Nightfall Gray
Bring it back to stock then bring it to the dealer.
Jmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 04:06 PM   #19
Ducati10

Drives: 18 zl1 1le
Any update?????
Ducati10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 06:53 PM   #20
Dethsupp0rt

Weather has been absolute crap until today, so I'm taking it in tomorrow.
Old 04-24-2018, 12:31 PM   #21
ReefBlueCoupe

Drives: '18 ZL1 1LE MBM
Update? CPS failing have been the bane of people with vehicles since they began being used. Curious to see how this turns out for you - it may be something to keep in the car if it's a side-of-the-road replaceable item. Some of the diesel truck guys (Ford 7.3 etc) always keep a spare CPS in the truck because they go bad often and will leave you stranded. Could be just another item to keep in the car for when going on any trips.
Old 04-24-2018, 08:15 PM   #22
Dethsupp0rt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefBlueCoupe View Post
Update? CPS failing have been the bane of people with vehicles since they began being used. Curious to see how this turns out for you - it may be something to keep in the car if it's a side-of-the-road replaceable item. Some of the diesel truck guys (Ford 7.3 etc) always keep a spare CPS in the truck because they go bad often and will leave you stranded. Could be just another item to keep in the car for when going on any trips.
If it's a CPS, it's intermittent. After the car sat for a week, it was perfectly fine. No long crank when I started it up on Saturday, and it made it up to the dealer fine. Had them look at it anyway, and no problem found.

I've driven it the last few days, and it's been fine. If it happens again, I'll limp it straight to the dealer instead of driving it home and have them replace it.
Old 04-24-2018, 10:26 PM   #23
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
Quote:
If it's a CPS, it's intermittent. After the car sat for a week, it was perfectly fine. No long crank when I started it up on Saturday, and it made it up to the dealer fine. Had them look at it anyway, and no problem found.

I've driven it the last few days, and it's been fine. If it happens again, I'll limp it straight to the dealer instead of driving it home and have them replace it.
I think you will be fine. this is a simple fix. There is a recall on it.

A part of the wiring harness is not covered with conduit and its near the engine which causes the wiring harness to get hot.

Because of the heating up of the wiring harness the car thinks it's possibly a crank positioning sensor issue (amongst other things) and it sends the car into limp mode. Even goes as far as shutting down and not firing the engine.

I'm pretty sure this is going to be your issue. Here's why I say that, I just bought a 1LE on monday, I'm picking it up at the end of the week. I stopped by the dealership yesterday and the manager told me that they were going to have to perform a recall on the car before I could take it.

He handed me a piece of paper explaining the issue, I don't have the paper with me at the moment. But, the way you described your issue sounds familiar to what I read. I remember reading something about the power steering pump.

I'm at work, when I get home tomorrow morning i'll look at the recall papers again.
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 07:39 PM   #24
Dethsupp0rt

Very interesting. Thanks for the info.

The dealer said there was a recall, but it was for something in the instrument panel . . . nothing mechanical.

I had only driven the car a couple of miles that day before the issue occurred, so the engine shouldn't have even been hot yet. I took it on a few 300+ mile trips before, and it was fine.

It was fine today too, and I may or may not have hit triple digits once.

Regardless, any info. is appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain View Post
I think you will be fine. this is a simple fix. There is a recall on it.

A part of the wiring harness is not covered with conduit and its near the engine which causes the wiring harness to get hot.

Because of the heating up of the wiring harness the car thinks it's possibly a crank positioning sensor issue (amongst other things) and it sends the car into limp mode. Even goes as far as shutting down and not firing the engine.

I'm pretty sure this is going to be your issue. Here's why I say that, I just bought a 1LE on monday, I'm picking it up at the end of the week. I stopped by the dealership yesterday and the manager told me that they were going to have to perform a recall on the car before I could take it.

He handed me a piece of paper explaining the issue, I don't have the paper with me at the moment. But, the way you described your issue sounds familiar to what I read. I remember reading something about the power steering pump.

I'm at work, when I get home tomorrow morning i'll look at the recall papers again.
Old 04-25-2018, 08:19 PM   #25
Alain

Quote:
Very interesting. Thanks for the info.

The dealer said there was a recall, but it was for something in the instrument panel . . . nothing mechanical.

I had only driven the car a couple of miles that day before the issue occurred, so the engine shouldn't have even been hot yet. I took it on a few 300+ mile trips before, and it was fine.

It was fine today too, and I may or may not have hit triple digits once.

Regardless, any info. is appreciated.
yes, it is not a recall for anything mechanical.

the car's computer might start acting weird, causing issues that seem to be of a mechanical nature when there is actually nothing mechanically wrong with the car.

someone on the forum just posted the recall I was talking about. here is that thread.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=527188
Old 04-25-2018, 09:18 PM   #26
Dethsupp0rt

Yeah, that is the recall they told me about.

They didn't have the parts to fix it, so they told me to come back, and to drive the car and see if the original issue came back.

So far it hasn't, which is both good and bad, as I really don't trust it on a long trip at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain View Post
yes, it is not a recall for anything mechanical.

the car's computer might start acting weird, causing issues that seem to be of a mechanical nature when there is actually nothing mechanically wrong with the car.

someone on the forum just posted the recall I was talking about. here is that thread.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=527188
Old 05-08-2018, 12:14 PM   #27
Dethsupp0rt

The original issue finally returned, so instead of clearing codes and resetting this time, I limped it up to the dealer with the active code (nevermind I could still see the historic codes from last time that they said they couldn't find).

The issue is apparently that the crank position sensor has been rubbing on the vacuum pump, and is pretty much broken because of it.

Apparently the sensor is on backorder, so I'll have to wait for one to be shipped from another dealer or something.

Regardless, I'm glad it's a relatively minor issue, and it hopefully won't return.

Any ideas why this would happen in the first place?
Old 05-08-2018, 12:36 PM   #28
Alain

Sounds like you are a victim of the recall they put out about adding more insulation to the wires.

Like you said, luckily it’s not a major issue. You should be back on the road fairly soon. Could be worse, trust me. I was in an accident Sunday morning (low speed) and my car is going to be totaled. Side swiped and mounted a guardrail.

Now waiting on insurance to get back to me on how much they are going to value the loss.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413