Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-05-2021, 06:51 PM   #183
Puddin

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pzoom View Post
Supra was on my list, but it was such a let down especially coming from an M4. I really wanted to like it, but it is all BMW on the inside even the idrive. It definitely has a nicer interior than an SS but it was so lacking. Why would I want to trade my M4 for less performance and space. C8 was also on my list, but those are selling over sticker and no manual transmission. SS1LE checked off everything on my list and the exhaust note comes from back and not faked through the speakers

Not sure about the aftermarket on the B58 engine. BMW has a long history of failing timing chains and guides and on the B58, they put it on the REAR of the engine VANOS is another BMW headache and you have to drop the engine for access. Hopefully Toyota thought of this stuff, but I'm a bit salty about the direction of the new Supra (was hoping for an old Supra/LFA/LC500 mash up).
Yeah some were disappointed we didn't get a "3jz" but I didn't expect it to come in the first place. As far as the aftermarket Toyota has already said they want this car to be a Swiss knife and has invited several companies to look over the car and start making modifications.already. I think we might actually get a rise out of tuner cars again now that we have the Supra, 400z, and now word is Mitsubishi revived the Ralliart name and shareholders are pushing for an Evo revival.
Puddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 07:46 PM   #184
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by pzoom View Post
Supra was on my list, but it was such a let down especially coming from an M4. I really wanted to like it, but it is all BMW on the inside even the idrive. It definitely has a nicer interior than an SS but it was so lacking. Why would I want to trade my M4 for less performance and space. C8 was also on my list, but those are selling over sticker and no manual transmission. SS1LE checked off everything on my list and the exhaust note comes from back and not faked through the speakers

Not sure about the aftermarket on the B58 engine. BMW has a long history of failing timing chains and guides and on the B58, they put it on the REAR of the engine VANOS is another BMW headache and you have to drop the engine for access. Hopefully Toyota thought of this stuff, but I'm a bit salty about the direction of the new Supra (was hoping for an old Supra/LFA/LC500 mash up).
I have heard that Toyota has put some thought into improving the reliability of B58 on the Zupr4. Supposedly, B58 failed a ton of Toyota's own durability and reliability standards and Toyota put their own parts in it.

That said, the interior electronics are all BMW, so expect lovely stuff like having to reprogram the battery when you have to replace it. Auto-only is the ultimate deal breaker for me.

400Z sounds like a good car, but I am really curious how the chassis is. On paper, it has ticked a lot of boxes that Zupr4 missed.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 08:43 AM   #185
Camaro fanboy

Drives: 2017 2SS Arctic blue fully loaded
my wife knows absolutley nothing about cars...she also has zero interest.
she's not sat in the camaro. only glanced at it once.
anyway i just showed her a picture of this parts bin junk mach 1 and our gen 6 camaros.
she has no idea what either are.
i said which one looks the best.
she said oh that one looks way better. our camaros lol..lucky she thought that.
Old 07-06-2021, 12:04 PM   #186
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Obviously she's learned when to not poke the bear . . .

Norm
Old 07-06-2021, 04:05 PM   #187
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post

Norm
Old 07-07-2021, 12:28 AM   #188
MakCamaro
Makis

Drives: 2020 Red Hot ZL1 A10
The success of the Mustang worldwide is due to the marketing, period. There is a Mustang in almost every American movie, so it's been positioned in everyone's mind as a way of life - like the Harley Davidson. That's what the average Mustang owner buys, that's why I bought my Mustang a few years ago.
Old 07-07-2021, 06:55 AM   #189
Puddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakCamaro View Post
The success of the Mustang worldwide is due to the marketing, period. There is a Mustang in almost every American movie, so it's been positioned in everyone's mind as a way of life - like the Harley Davidson. That's what the average Mustang owner buys, that's why I bought my Mustang a few years ago.
Just look at the cars in the past couple of Fast and Furious movies. You've got Mustangs, Challengers, Supras but not even one Camaro. Prime opportunity missed on Chevys part.
Old 07-07-2021, 07:01 AM   #190
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddin View Post
Just look at the cars in the past couple of Fast and Furious movies. You've got Mustangs, Challengers, Supras but not even one Camaro. Prime opportunity missed on Chevys part.
several camaros. 1st gens, f bomb etc.
Old 07-07-2021, 07:29 AM   #191
Puddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
several camaros. 1st gens, f bomb etc.
Nothing that is relevant that you could buy today off a car lot. No 6th gen Zl1, SS, or v6. Meanwhile Dodge has the Hellcat and Ford has their gt350 on show right front and center and in your face.
Old 07-07-2021, 08:26 AM   #192
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
I still think it is also female sales. I see very few females in Camaro. Lots in the others

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 08:59 AM   #193
Camaro fanboy

Drives: 2017 2SS Arctic blue fully loaded
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post

Norm
Old 07-07-2021, 10:03 AM   #194
MBSS1LE

Drives: 2019 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
I still think it is also female sales. I see very few females in Camaro. Lots in the others
Of course that is part of it. Women are over half of vehicle buyers in the U.S. and I find that most have no interest in the three cars we are talking about here. Based on the opinions that have been shared with me, in order of preference if they had to choose, women would rank them:

1) Challenger
2) Mustang
3) Camaro

Gone are the days of a car being liked by women being viewed as a stigma or an insult.
MBSS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 03:43 PM   #195
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddin View Post
Nothing that is relevant that you could buy today off a car lot. No 6th gen Zl1, SS, or v6. Meanwhile Dodge has the Hellcat and Ford has their gt350 on show right front and center and in your face.
as mentioned earlier - no one knows what those cars are. id wager a guess that better than 50% of the fast audience doesn't know those cars and their differences. adding another unknown car to the unknown car mix would do nothing for them.
Old 07-07-2021, 04:07 PM   #196
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
We have a situation where one car is clearly superior in pretty much every performance aspect you can mention, AND costs significantly less, but is underselling the poorer performing and higher priced car. hmmm.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro, mach 1, motortrend, mustang, ss1le